The Best Compliment your SO/BF/ Husband or GF or Wife gave y

Options

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    My husband is NOT a romantic. So when he quotes Ron Burgandy, I am grateful. His most recent compliment? "You have a BREATHTAKING heiny." Men.

Aside from that, he also told me recently that he is completely amazed with what I have done with my body :heart:

Exactly what did you do with your body?

:huh:
  • Charrisse
    Options
    "Let me see that sexy body."

Or..

"I like your milk reservoirs."

Or..

"I like your meat receptacle."

Classy man I married.
    Yeah, he's a charmer.

hahhahahahahahahahahaha omg I spewed my yogurt lmao!!!!!
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    Fiancé to me while I was getting changed: "hey your butts alot higher" lololoL thanks hunni !
  • kwise127
    Options
    I love you warts and all... If you never loose a pound I'm still gonna love you. If you loose 10lbs I'm still gonna love you. Basically I'm gonna love you, but I'd prefer you not get 'need a cheeseburger' skinny.

He was started off really well.
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My husband told me a couple weeks ago that I used to look like grimace (from Mcdonald's) but that I was getting a shape now. I had to laugh, he tries to compliment me but it doesn't always come out the right way.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Rofl! ... when he does say something nice he says it like Karl from Sling Blade.

I died laughing at this. It is so something my husband would do. God forbid you just say something sweet in your real voice, or I might think you meant it. And then I would win.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Rofl! ... when he does say something nice he says it like Karl from Sling Blade.

I died laughing at this. It is so something my husband would do. God forbid you just say something sweet in your real voice, or I might think you meant it. And then I would win.

YES! My husband says his nice things in a stupid, kid voice. Or in some random country-bumpkin accent.

I told him to stop it-- it creeps me out O_o

LOL!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "You have eyes I want to spend the rest of my life drowning in"
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

He does the impersonation spot on too. It's sooo funny.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hubby says "I dont care if you lose weight everywhere else the boobs stay right?".. Sorry honey they were the first to go :sad: :laugh:
    lol that is exactly me! Hubby says I better not lose the butt cuz then it's over. seroiusly. :happy:
  • Pippi8
    Pippi8 Posts: 12
    Options
    This was a few years back but aside from the usual complements, this one stuck with me. I was lying on my stomach in my workout outfit and my ex-hubby said "your buns feel firm just like two basketballs!" I think my basketballs are a little low on air so time to firm them up again!
  • Elijah0630
    Options
    Lately everytime we are settling into bed my hubby puts his hand around my stomach and waste and says " you're getting to skinny!!" I know this his way of saying he is proud of me... weird I know but when i asked him to just say you are doing a great job , he says ok you look fantastic LOL Whats with boys?! Just pay a NORMAL compliment! It's not hard LOLOL
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Last night, after sweating and swearing at the lovely 10-minutes pilates woman. For 10 minutes. I got up to fix chicken salad for dinner and my bf tells me:
    "Sweetie, a year from now you can BE the pilates lady."

=D
  • jesshall281
    Options
    Last night, after sweating and swearing at the lovely 10-minutes pilates woman. For 10 minutes. I got up to fix chicken salad for dinner and my bf tells me:
    "Sweetie, a year from now you can BE the pilates lady."

=D

This is so sweet!
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I thought so too! thank you =)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My husband is NOT a romantic. So when he quotes Ron Burgandy, I am grateful. His most recent compliment? "You have a BREATHTAKING heiny." Men.

Aside from that, he also told me recently that he is completely amazed with what I have done with my body :heart:

Exactly what did you do with your body?

:huh:

Have you ever seen the movie Face/Off with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage?! :wink:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Last NIGHT!

He hugged me and went to grab my butt.....charming...but then said, "Where'd your butt go?"

:laugh:

YAY!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    What is the BEST compliment or compliments you've received from your lover, husband wife or whatever!!!

He said the best to ever happen to him was meeting the mother of his child. Me.

*swoon*
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Never really get compliments from hubby BUT... Best moment was on a Halloween many moons ago...back when I was still Hot.

My costume involved a corsetted top. So I walk out to the parking lot and some drunk college guy goes "HEY! NICE RACK!" I yelled back "THANKS". He goes "ARE THEY REAL?" I yelled back "ABSOLUTELY!" So he yells into his room, "GUYS GET OUT HERE AND LOOK AT THIS CHICK'S RACK! SHE SAYS THEY'RE REAL!" So out come 8 more drunk college guys, to whom I struck a pose and they started bowing :laugh:

Fast forward same evening at a nightclub, where the emcee wouldn't believe they were real so she called me UP ON STAGE and said that it was the best rack of the night and the audience was cheering! I felt AWESOME.

**of course, when looking for my husband at this proud moment, he had chosen to disappear to go dance with some other chick in another room, and then he left the club without telling me, but still very PROUD moment :laugh:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    We have a blog about our house and the work we are doing on it. The joke about our old house is that there is ghost that lives in it and people often ask if we've seen it or if we are scared to be in the house alone. I've spent a great deal of time in the hospital, going to doctors, etc, during our marriage. Many times I spent the night at my mom's since she lived close to the hospital so I could get up early the next morning for tests or appointments. Once, during one such stay,, my husband wrote a post. He talked about being afraid to go home and be alone with this "spirit."

"I may have failed to mention who I think this spirit is. More importantly I have failed to mention that I think the thing that makes me nervous at home is that when I am there alone, its not there. EMPTY. I mean black echoing canyon kind of empty. The kind that stares back at you and just laughs.

What I had never noticed is that this spirit that shares my home is a spirit of joy. Unspeakable joy, hope and love that permeates that ratty brick building. There is nothing special about the house, it’s run down and oddly shaped and kinda smelly. I mean have you every tried to fit a couch into a retarded trapezoid shaped living room? I thought I loved this house, I was wrong. I love the spirit that loves this house. It’s an enrapturing experience to be there! There is a light that shines off the nasty wallpaper, reflects off the crooked floors and illuminates everything that might come to be. A song that reverberates off the doors that won’t shut and drowns out the sorrow and pain that is the background noise of this life. Like I said, a presence, a spirit.

That spirit is not there right now, its laying on a couch somewhere else. I guess I am more dense than my x/y chromosomes should code for. I had no clue that my dear Tara was the spirit that lived in the octagon house. By God I love you Tara, I don’t think we’ll ever know how much."

:heart: When I saw what he wrote...my heart melted all over the the keyboard and the floor. That entry was the most viewed entry on the blog ever. :o) That man sure loves me...being called a spirit? Best compliment EVER! :o)