30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Belly dancing sounds fun!!! Are you taking a class?
    [/quote]

Tonight will be my first night (with only 3 remaining in this session). I'm about 80% Polish with 2 left feet so this should be interesting. For a nomial fee paid directly to me, I will utube the adventure. :laugh:
  • aab1
    Options
    ive been doing my exercise and drinking my water thumbs up to everyone we can do this xx

i would love to do the 30 day shred but iv only been exercising for 10 days so think it might be a bit much (what do you guys think)

I just bought the 30-day Shred and will be starting it tomorrow. Friends say it kicks your *kitten* but is totally worth the effort.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well, I got my 30 plus 10 minutes of exercise done--I walked 3.8 miles in 70 minutes (half the trip back was uphill) to run an errand. I was pretty worn out by the time I got home, but this is definitely something I need to do more often. About half-way there on the water intake for today.
  • aab1
    Options
    Well, I got my 30 plus 10 minutes of exercise done--I walked 3.8 miles in 70 minutes (half the trip back was uphill) to run an errand. I was pretty worn out by the time I got home, but this is definitely something I need to do more often. About half-way there on the water intake for today.

Lucky you to be able to walk outside already this year! We're still dealing with snow, drizzling rain, a little too cool to be outside. Oh, how I envy you!
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to join also!

Weight yesterday-181
    Challenge goal-175 (6 pounds)

Yesterday was crazy busy so I didn't get in any exercise but I did very well not eating a bunch! I will get at least 30 minutes tonight to make up for it.

Already on 3rd glass of water for today's mini-challenge

Ok about 10 minutes afer I posted this, I started having severe right abdominal pain. My co-workers insisted they call the squad and I went to the ER. They thought it was my appendix but ended up being something else. But they kept me overnight for observation and I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything the rest of the day and night. So didn't get my water in. I also missed the challenge for Wednesday since I didn't get home from the hospital until 3pm and was exhausted. I will get back on track though. Still having a little pain so will probably have to take it easy for the next few days but will do what I can!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    jackswife...sorry to hear about the hospital adventure. But I'm glad its over and you're back home. I'm glad everyone is doing so well on the challenges! I got my water in for the day. So check on that one. I'm not a daily exerciser, so I bow out of that challenge. But my goal is to visit the gym tomorrow. Which I am posting so you all can help to keep accountable!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your recipes. I'm SO excited to try them all and get some variety into my meals.

I didn't post yesterday for Day 3 - met the exercies & water (16 glasses!)

Tonight I'm trying belly dancing! A friend has done it now for 4 weeks and is already looking amazing! She says it kicks her butt...exactly what I want. Unfortunately, though, I have to wear a scarf with dandling coins around my hips. It's not like I don't have enough jiggling around my hips already; but to add more! Ufftah!! :wink:

Have a great Thursday.

How cool is that?! Wish we had that where I live. Oh well, I still love my Zumba!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Got my water and exercise in today. Looking forward to monday's weigh in...vie been a good girl so I'm hoping the mighty scale will reward me!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have succeeded on all challenges today: 14 glasses of water, 30 minutes of toning work out video, and 17 minutes jogging around the house while cleaning up (that's the extra 10 plus a little more for good measure). Feelin' good!

Looking like I'm going to finish the day quite a bit under cals. Today was a good day!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    ive been doing my exercise and drinking my water thumbs up to everyone we can do this xx

i would love to do the 30 day shred but iv only been exercising for 10 days so think it might be a bit much (what do you guys think)

I started with Walk Away the Pounds first for a week or two before I started the shred, once I built up some endurance, it really helped! The shred really does work, while I haven't completed a full 30 days yet, the first 12 days I did it I noticed a significant difference in body tone!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone:):) Sounds like everyone did really well today. Sorry to hear about your rush to the hospital Jackswife. Hope you are feeling better soon. I had a really slow day at work so I managed to do my full work out and get in my extra 10 mins plus more. I work in a office and I was the only one working today so plenty of time on my hands. I did squats, lunges, running in place, dancing and I stood most of the day rather than sit on my butt!! I think all of us are going to be pleased come weigh in day on Monday. My energy level has skyrocketed too!! I"m awaiting the challenge for tomorrow:)
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I'd like to join too. When I started my new job I slacked off of MFP but my friend who got me on in this first place reminded me it only works when you use it! I'm currently in Japan so its hard to put in the food, but I have a scale and a gym at my disposal and I have no excuses not to work out. My starting weight is 172.2. My weight has been up and down the past couple of weeks as most of my meals I buy at work (I work at a restaurant) and the girls in the office keep a candy drawer stocked of Japanese candies and once I have one...well lets just say it hasn't helped. I have made a conscious effort to take the stairs rather than the elevator at work and as the building has a lot of bars I am able to get in several cups of water a night when I'm checking on them. My goal now is to stop being a couch potato in the time I do spend at home!. My goal weight for this challenge is 166, so 6 pounds. My god daughter's birthday is the 15th (she'll be 2) and I'm going to miss it so I'll work off that distress extra hard by working out!
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself jakeswife. Don't push yourself too hard that you make yourself sicker.

I did my workout today, pilates. I've never done it before and now its been 2 days in a row. Its a lot of fun. As for my extra 10 minutes, while I was waiting for a friend to pick me up I was jumping around either dancing or doing some kickboxing moves. I had a lot of energy today, maybe because I'm get healthier maybe because I'm in a play that will perform tomorrow.

I'm almost done with my water, I have two more glasses to go. I'm sure I'll get that in before bed.

Today was a good day.
  • aab1
    Options
    Day 4 - met the water & exercise challenge.

Today I did bellyy dancing for the first time. Although I felt like a fish out of water, it was pretty fun. It was a very, very beginners class so I didn't burn as many calories as MFP exercise database says I should. But worth it - I can already feel muscles I never knew I had!

Looking forward to hear tomorrow's challenge.
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Ok, tomorrows challenge is pretty easy, we'll take it easy on ya, lol!

Tomorrow is motivate a friend day! That means encourage someone else in their weight loss journey, whether it be a friend on here or in person. Leave them a nice encouraging comment on their comments or reply to one of their comments. I know this site has helped me out a ton when I didn't feel like I had much motivation, people on this site have turned that around many times with their nice words and success stories, I love checking out that section of the message boards. Try and motivate and encourage 3 friends for the challenge.

Sooo, tomorrow is your day to motivate and be motivated in return!! Have a great day tomorrow, I am so proud of us, reading about everybody and what all you guys are doing has been very inspiring!!!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    jackswife, I'm so sorry you had to go to the hospital, that's terrible!! Remember everyone, these daily challenges are not mandatory but serve as a way to help us stay focused and on the right track for these thirty days. Then maybe when the challenge is over we will establish healthy habits for the long haul, that is my ultimate goal for life!
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    AH motivation, thats what I need today, if I didnt have a two year old waking me up at 5 something this morning I think I would of slept all day. So this challenge comes at a good time, to motivate and encourage another I need to be in the right place. So adjusting my attitude and starting the day a little groggy but determined.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday, but I'm still here :). Yesterday was kind of hard for me, I had a project due, so I didn't get much sleep the night before. I was still able to eat right, and get my normal exercise in (it actually went really well!), but I slacked on the water - only 4 glasses - and didn't do the extra 10 minutes of exercise. Today will be a much better day, though! I've already started with the water, and I'm looking forward to encouraging those around me :).

Happy Friday everyone!
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    ok, I just ordered the 30 day shred!!! I am sure this will need some motivation!! LOL
    :sad: :laugh:
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    AH motivation, thats what I need today, if I didnt have a two year old waking me up at 5 something this morning I think I would of slept all day. So this challenge comes at a good time, to motivate and encourage another I need to be in the right place. So adjusting my attitude and starting the day a little groggy but determined.

Just think how good you will feel after those endorphins kick in after you excercise!!! woohoo!!! AND its Friday...(lil motivation and inspiration) :flowerforyou: