*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Weigh-In #8 2/18/11

Options

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Hi Flakies!
    I am SOOOO happy about this weeks weigh in. Down 4.2lbs!!! I have been really killing myself (in a good way) at the gym. I am only able to go about 4 days a week; It is 2 1/2 hours, 4 days a week away from my baby and husband, who rarely see as it is (because I work 50 hrs a week). So it HAS to COUNT! I'm a little proud of myself today :blushing:
    Hope everyone has a great weigh in day!! XOXOXOXO

WOW! That is awesome especially bouncing being mommy, wife, and working...I know how hard that can be I do it too! And it is exhausting! LOL
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning Snowflakes!
    Finally I saw a loss on the scale that I am really happy with considering two weeks ago I lost .3 and last week a .5 loss. And this week... down 1.8 lbs! I guess being consistent does get rewarded!

Congratulations everyone on your losses. For those that stayed the same and had gains you can do this, I have faith in you. Here is to another great week!

Nice! See what happens when you stick with it!? Great job girl!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    up 0.4 lbs. Wavered between last week's 168.6 and 169 all week, even with staying in calories almost every day and working out about normal. Maybe it's an adjustment week. It isn't a real gain, so I'm not too worried, I just hate not to stay on track for the 40 lbs.

Congrats to all those with losses! Some of you are making huge strides, and it's nice to see some who were stuck finding their way to losses again. And to those who held or gained, we'll get back on track this week!

Don't worry about staying on track for the 40....as long as everyone loses more than would have alone...that is really my goal. You may not get to 40 but heck you may lose 10 inches..and that means just as much or more! I will look at your food diary, if you like, and see if I can see anything that could be tweaked.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, don't I like these sudden 1+ pound drops RIGHT on weigh-in day? Well, it'll make it harder to continue with 2 lbs/week in the future, but hey, I'll take it. I now have scales that measure more fine-grained, but to keep with the rounding to the nearest half pound, I'm offering 184.5. That's 2 pounds down.

I'm getting settled in my new home, but still haven't gone back to regular workouts and think that for this reason my weight loss rhythm is closer to 1lb/week in reality. Which is fine. I'm watching calories, though I am not eating the same stuff (and more carbs). I do move around outside but the Alaskan winter limits this a bit.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    172 last week

167.5 this week. goodbye TOM and I hope to never be in the 170s again (as that was my highest weight ever).

Girl you rocked it this week! Great job!

aww thanks! your positivity is so inspiring!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    +2 lbs this week. Boo
  • Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Last week - 186.4lbs
    This week - 184.2lbs
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well crap! I had a small gain this week 0.6. I'm not sure why...I've been busting my butt working out and I've been eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I do have a vitamin D deficiency so I wonder if that might be contributing? I am taking my vitamins though and hopefully I will see a loss next week. I started back at Curves today and the ankle did fine so I will be doing that Mon, Wed, and Fri now, which is also the day I walk 2 miles with a friend of mine. On Tue, Thurs and Sat I will do my Couch to 5K on my treadmill. Hopefully this will help!

Congratulations to everyone that has lost! I see that some people have made some real progress this week.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    172 last week

167.5 this week. goodbye TOM and I hope to never be in the 170s again (as that was my highest weight ever).

Thats great!!!! Congrats on being out of the 170's :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    172 last week

Thats great!!!! Congrats on being out of the 170's :)

thanks! I had never been into the 170s until December so it feels super good to get back out.
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    I am down 3 pounds :) 190 last week & 187 this week.. I am soooooo happy to be out of the 190's :happy:

Great job everyone!!!

way to go getting out of the 190s! you're doing fantastic!
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I cried during my workout this morning because I gained 2 lbs. I am only 3 lbs. from where I started on this challenge. I feel like such a failure, I am so angry with myself and quite frankly, I want to just give up. But I ask myself, and then what? Just be miserable with yourself forever? I had to try to make it up for myself so I took my measurements today and I've lost an 1" in my neck and a 1/2" in my waist. Since January 1st. Seven weeks into the New Year and that's it. I am so happy for everyone else who is seeing losses and getting to their goals that I feel like the wet blanket who has needed a pep talk every other day....

I have to be messing up somewhere. Probably with my intake. I work out 45-60 minutes 5 days a week. I have been doing that consistently for the last two weeks and gaining weight. I am probably underestimating my calories, serving sizes...something. Or maybe I am still retaining water. I can't see a way around that. I am seriously considering making my diary open to friends and also keep the measuring cups a bit more handy. I've been looking at other people's diaries and I just feel like I am eating an enormous amount of food in comparison, even if the calories are the same (mine is about 1790 at the moment). I am incredibly anxious to do this because I know the first thing everyone will notice is the amount of sugar/cream I drink in my coffee. Believe me, I'm working it a little bit everyday. I am not making excuses, but this is a lot less coffee, creamer and sugar I was drinking a year ago.

I just need some help, some prayer, some productive energy my way...Some something, otherwise I am not going to get there...

Hang in there girl! I saw a gain this week too and sometimes it feels like I am working so hard for nothing. Then one day you realize that your pants are looser in the waist and you don't have to lie down on the bed to zip them up. I have lost a total of 6 pounds since the middle of December when I started this journey. I watch other people loosing 2 to 3 pounds a week and I'm happy if I lose .5. It doesn't seem fair. The first thing you should probably do is check your intake by measuring. Then if your comfortable make your food journal public to friends only. I have done that and realized thanks to a friend that I was consuming too much sodium. Sometimes your friend will see something that you missed. If you want a buddy for journal checks I am willing. Again, hang in there! Together we can become healthier, stronger, more confident women and lose some extra baggage!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    154 today!!!!!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    Had a hectic morning and completely forgot to weigh in til now, so I will do it first thing in the morning!
  • psychojenn
    Options
    i am down 2.6 from last week :]
    i did have a 1 lb gain last week so down 1.6 without the gain.
    2/4 - 184.6
    2/11 - 185.6
    2/18 - 183.0
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Some amazing losses this week! Congrats, Snowflakers!

TOM this week for me, so I'm expecting a bigger loss next week... I am down .6 pounds this week.

328.8 to 328.2
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think that we are all doing great no matter if we gain a little or lose a little!

I hope that we all keep pushing ourselves to do our best :smile: We didnt gain this weight overnight and it wont come off overnight so keep pushing through all the ups & down and we will all get there together!!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    bump -- forgot to weigh this morning :blushing:
  • teijei
    Options
    A 3 lb loss!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    A 3 lb loss!

Nice job!