Eat kleenex and you will loose weight

Options
bzmom
bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
Sorry this is ridiculous!!

Janet Jackson talked at length about her constant struggle with self-esteem and body image. The interview, which aired on Tuesday evening, is a revealing look into Janet's past and coincides with the release of her new book True You — part memoir, part advice book on dealing with the pressures surrounding body image.

Besides describing her own struggles with weight and body image, Janet gave a revealing look into the extreme lengths that celebrities endure to maintain their weight: "Some of the stories I hear . . . I'm not going to name names (but) this is the worst. Eating tissue, Kleenex, so it fills the stomach. So you're full. So you don't want another bite to eat and so that's what you eat."

Janet admits to only hearing the stories secondhand, but the idea of anyone eating tissue for weight loss is both shocking and sad. It's also a reminder of the unnecessary lengths many individuals put themselves through to look a certain way.

http://www.fitsugar.com/Janet-Jackson-Says-Celebrities-Eat-Kleenex-Lose-Weight-14212226

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yes some people with eating disorders will do that.
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! I saw an episode of "My Strange Addiction" where someone did that with toilet paper. It wasn't to lose weight, but I can't believe that someone would do it for that reason. And I thought I had weight issues. Sad!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    How many calories does a tissue have??? :laugh:

Sorry, somebody had to do it. It might as well be me! :bigsmile:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I read a story that fashion models will soak cotton balls in juice and then swallow them to give them a "full" feeling. Yuck!!!!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is horrible! Just imagine what that does to your insides...Wow...Kleenex...that is quite sad....
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I think it depends on if it's a new one or used. :wink:

• SyreetaJayne1
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing ROFL!!!
  • bzmom
    Options
    :laugh: LOL!!

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd rather be fat. :huh:
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

LOL.. funny.. haha but wow i cant believe people will actually put them selfs thought that.. wow crazy
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow. I got a severe case of cottonmouth just reading this!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That reminded me of an episode I watched (can't remember the programme name) where a girl suffered from Rapunzel Syndrome - eating one's own hair!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I knew a girl who ate cotton... I was anorexic in high school but never did I eat anything that wasn't eatible!
  • Dmonique85
    Options
    My brother was telling me about a friend whose mother ate couch/mattress cushion & carried it around in a ziploc bag. I think the strangest I have heard of is craving laundry detergent. I don't think I would ever eat tissue, that just seems wrong. I can understand desperation to lose weight...but that's doing a lot.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl who ate cotton... I was anorexic in high school but never did I eat anything that wasn't eatible!

Same here. Although I was ana/mia not just ana. I've recovered as best as you can in that situation...still struggle at times...but I never ate anything that wasn't food. And by the way...when a person does eat items that are not food it is classified as Pica. And it's not uncommon.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I don't know, but carpet fuzz is in the food database.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A young woman in my office eats Splenda spread on ice chips in order to stay full-feeling so she won't have to eat actual food. I suppose this would be different if I had ever in two years seen her eat ANY food. People do crazy stuff to lose weight. I wouldn't be surprised at all that people eat kleenex.

--Carter
  • bzmom
    Options
    now you know I had to look....

YOU LIED!!! :sad:

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the pressures on models, actors, etc. to be thin is ridiculous and horrific. God forbid a designer learn how to make clothes for normal women. But no, they "look better" on anorexic super models. And how about we get some healthy looking actresses in movies and on tv? Apparently they look too fat because "the camera adds 10 pounds". It makes me angry. I saw an article about how Gwyneth Paltrow had to gain about 20 pounds for the movie Country Strong. They showed before and after pics and she still looked awfully skinny with the "extra" 20 pounds. I wish people could place the importance on health instead being or looking skinny.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Check under Casey's General Store Floor Fuzz or just Floor Fuzz.
    now you know I had to look....

YOU LIED!!! :sad: