90 Day Challenge-Challenge 7

Options

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION!!

Hey ladies, need some imput here.. We have a couple of suggestions for the next challenge and yes this is a challenge so as you all know anything worth having is worth fighting for RIght????

What we are planning if a full hour of cardio 6-7 days of week.. If you need to have one day off, take it. I do since I work a 24 hour shift on wednesdays which I get more than 4 miles of walking in using a pedometer, I take thursdays off just to let my body recover from sometimes yes being awake for 28 hours.

Can everyone commit to an hour of cardio plus additional strength exercise at least 3-4 days per week. If you want results you are going to have to work for them. This week will include arms, abs, obliques, booty lower body? But done in a circuit like so there is not break in between, Start at the top and work you way down and finish with your cardio, the next day you start at the bottom and work your way up finish with the cardio. Cardio should be completed last (not a requirement) but you get the longest burn if it is. For quicker results..

How does everyone feel about it? Could use some feed back this is your challenge, what do you want?

Let either myself
    Chickadee
    Mirna know

Thanks in advance we should have somthing put together by Saturday :) Looks like we have 16 members still in the challenge and 5 weeks left, are you getting close to your goals? I say we push harder, who is with me?

I'm not sure I'll be able to get a full hours cardio in - I could do two half hour slots, I usually walk the dogs on a morning, for about 45 mins I'll try and get up earlier and take them for a full hour that would be a start. Lunchtimes I have an hour but need to back dead on time so my colleague can go to lunch.

Can anyone help with ideas to get a good workout? I usually walk or jog for about 40 mins at lunchtime to give me time to get back. Anything else I could do?

I'll definitely do my best though with whatever challenges are decided for week 8 - need to step it up a bit to shift these stubborn pounds!

Wizzy

PS Thanks for the tip about the straw, I'll give it a go
  • Winnie45
    Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    #34 Winnie

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 5/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 2/4
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 2/3
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 2/2
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 2/3

I usually don't check in until the week is done, but I'm having a time keeping up with what I've done and what is left. Posted like this, it looks better than I thought.

I have a water pitcher that holds 64 oz so as long as I drink at least one pitcher full, I know I'm okay. Most days, I drink far more. I have two cups before the coffee is even done. Once you get used to lots of water, you really get thirsty if you aren't hydrated. Also, I only drink water, tea, and coffee during the day so that helps.

Angela, I agree with you about the wall squats, but I amaze myself how much longer I can hold each time. It's a challenge!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help with ideas to get a good workout? I usually walk or jog for about 40 mins at lunchtime to give me time to get back. Anything else I could do?
    Make sure you take the stairs instead of the elevator. That would be a little more cardio.
  • chickadee2010
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 5/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 4/4
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 1/3
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 400/600
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    120-Mirna
    2/1511

1) 4/7 Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week
    2). 0/4 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week.
    3). 0/3 Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can.
    4). 2/2 Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week
    5.) 1/3 Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week.

I need to work on my pushups and squats. I think I might have pulled something on my right leg. Hurting really bad. Going to see my magic man who helps me with my back and hope he can help me with this because I can't stand to not work out.
  • kspedsrn
    kspedsrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would also like to continue on with this challenge that Allison started. Had some computer problems earlier in the week, hope I can still join in.
  • chickadee2010
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 6/7
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 2/3
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 500/600
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    check in 2/17/11

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 5/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 5/7
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 3/7
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 5/7
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 3/7

Got a plan together next week challenge.. when I post it please don't feel over whelmed, it looks like a lot but it is only about 12-15 minutes total including a warm up and stretch. I will post it saturday morning, I would like you to do this at a minumum of 4 days a week preferably 6-7 days a week. It is all to be completed together it incorporates the entire body shoulders chest arms., core, and legs and bootay.. we only have 4 weeks left after this week. I put alot of thought into this for a full body workout and I hope you find it to be benifical to our plan.. It is a solids full body quick workout done in a circuit no rest between reps and right into the next exercise spartan style.
  • Winnie45
    Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    #34 Winnie

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 6/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 3/4
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 3/3
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 3/3
  • chickadee2010
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 7/7
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 3/3
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 600/600

I finished the whole challenge this week. And I've been eating better. I'm expecting a weight loss this time. :happy:
  • bluemagic33
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 7/7
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 600/600

I finished the whole challenge this week. And I've been eating better. I'm expecting a weight loss this time. :happy:

Very proud of you... I am sure the scale will show your hard work tomarrow :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Very proud of you... I am sure the scale will show your hard work tomarrow :)
    Aw, thanks. :) I sure hope it shows.
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    2/18/11

1 )Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 7/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 6/7
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week.
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 5/7
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 4/7

ok ladies,
    I did the routine today it was approx 20 min as I first had it down, I revamed alittle and I think it should be down in 15 now.... But let me tell you, you will work up a sweat in those minutes.. Felt pretty good, defianlty working the legs , hip and thighs next week.. No weight or any special equipment needed. Hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow I will post new challenge in the morning. Let's finish this thing :)
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    # 102 Angela
    checking in for 2/18

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 7/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 3/4
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 1/3
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 1/2
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 1/3

Did a lot better than I thought I would, and lost 3.6 inches this week again. I'm very happy, let's see how I weigh in tomorrow...
  • dayh1ker
    dayh1ker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry, ladies, but I was the biggest loser last week! :) I was so sick that I hardly got anything accomplished, much less working out, so it feels like I'm starting over. I finally got back to life on Thursday and managed to get my second cardio finished, but as far as the rest of the workouts, it was pretty much a bust. I did manage to get my floors mopped yesterday, though, and that felt great! I did lose a tiny bit of weight so at least I have that!

I'm looking forward to jumping back in this week because I have SO MUCH catching up to do. You guys are leaving me in your dust! Today is my birthday and I wanted to be 15 pounds lighter as my gift to me but, alas, I'm shy 3 pounds...they just aren't dropping like I wanted, but I've come to accept that, at my age, it's much more difficult to shed than it was 20 years ago. So, as long as I lose instead of gain every week, I'll consider that a victory. I'm hoping you girls will keep me motivated and on track because I find that, for me, it's very hard to do alone.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us and, if I neglected to say it earlier, thanks for taking over this challenge for the rest of us. I really appreciate it! :heart:

#67 Viki

Weight 2/19: 165.8

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 7/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 1/7
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 1/7
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 2/7
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 1/7
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    weigh in
    150.8 - 1.2 this week,

Going to post the new challenge now..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/177068-90-day-challenge-week-8
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    #81 weighing in at 147.0 I lost 3.4 pounds! I'm very happy. :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Today is my birthday
    Happy Birthday!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    Options
    120-Mirna
    2/16/11

1) 5/7 Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week
    3). 0/3 Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    Options
    120-Mirna
    2/17/11

1) 5/7 Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week