30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    D1 L2 (day 11) yesterday. I found it takes up a lot of room, and I despise it! :mad: :laugh: My back is sooo sore today, which is REALLY bad. I will be back to L1 again tomorrow. I feel it in the glutes, but I can do additional moves to get that kind of workout, without injuring my back. Today I'm taking the day off.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    D1 L2 (day 11) yesterday. I found it takes up a lot of room, and I despise it! :mad: :laugh: My back is sooo sore today, which is REALLY bad. I will be back to L1 again tomorrow. I feel it in the glutes, but I can do additional moves to get that kind of workout, without injuring my back. Today I'm taking the day off.
    Sorry to hear that your back hurts. Good idea to rest it. I'm up early to exercise but just don't have the energy. Might leave it till this afternoon after work. Why is is that travel makes you tired. It was a 4 hour car journey home. I didn't push the car I didn't even have to drive, but we were all ehausted when we got in.:ohwell:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Well I sat in my chair thinking I'm too tired to do exercise this morning. Then got worried, after work I need to pick up groceries, then there is a few loads of washing todo. There is a good chance I will run out of time, so up I got. I've done the stupid exercise. DAY 14 one more day and I'm half way. This better be worth it. :yawn:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Very nice commitment Jen!! Be proud! You did great!
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    hello,
    so i did the shred about 6 months ago and didnt keep up with it. i started it back up again yesterday . so the issue i have is that i hate level one, but i love level 2 and 3. do you think its okay to just do levels 2 and 3? i dont know why but level 3 seems the best for me, i just cant stand the exericises in level 1.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    hello,
    so i did the shred about 6 months ago and didnt keep up with it. i started it back up again yesterday . so the issue i have is that i hate level one, but i love level 2 and 3. do you think its okay to just do levels 2 and 3? i dont know why but level 3 seems the best for me, i just cant stand the exericises in level 1.
    :laugh: I :heart: L1!! I think it's totally fine and acceptable for you to do L2 and/or L3 only. Do which one works for you! Do what challenges you, or the one you like best, or it will be harder (in my experience) to stick with it! You shouldn't have to dread working out everyday. Make it fun! Congrats on your first completion 6 months ago! :drinker:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Good Morning All. Day 15 for me. After doing 14 days straight of level 1, I decided to be brave and at least give level 2 a go. I surprised myself. Yes it was hard , very hard, but thats what we want to get results, right. I am pleased to say I gave all the exercises a good attempt and will keep trying and it. Of course depending on how sore I am tomorrow. Have a great week-end everyone.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, I started level 2 on Feb. 5th and did it every day except 3 days until this past Thursday. Yesterday I didn't do it again because I felt a little bit bored and a little frustrated with stalled weight loss and inches lost. I did a Tae Bo DVD that I have and think I got a pretty good work out doing it. I might try level 3 today to keep at the 30 Day Shred, but I think I'm a little intimidated to try it.

Awesome job jellyfishjen keeping at it. Glad you tried level 2 and hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.

How has everyone else been doing?
  • ruth1104
    ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have just bought the 30 day shred, and I have a bit of a weird question.. I want to start tomorrow, but I'm in the attic room of a house with very thin walls, is it a lot of jumping? Am I going to disturb my family downstairs? Seriously, I can hear my father in law snoring at night! I have a few Davina dvds and they're great but im always very aware that I'm thumping around a lot!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Yes there is a bit of jumping, but let the family know its, only for a couple of minutes at a time. And the whole program only lasts 20 minutes, so it will soon be over. It's not like snoring all night long. :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D2 L2 done (12/30). I don't think I checked in yet. It's so confusing because I check here in the mornings before I shred, and then don't remember if I said anything about how I did. :tongue: It was really good for me today! Hope my back stays good, so I can do it again tomorrow!!

Great job going to L2 Jen!!! :drinker:

Brit... Maybe you can shake it up by doing a different level for one day, and then go back to the one you are trying to get through. Good job still getting a great workout in!

Ruth... Give it a try. I think my jumping is very quiet, plus, I try not to disturb the downstairs neighbour... :wink:
  • brit1329
    Options
    Today I tried D1L3 for something different, and to just see how it went. It kicked my butt. It was definitely hard, but I surprised myself and finished it. I wasn't sure I would by the time I got to the second circuit cardio, but I just told myself it was already more than half way over. We'll see if I feel up to doing Level 3 again tomorrow.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    Still at it...today will be D6 on L2, I had never even watched L3 until yesterday and I am feeling like that is going to be impossible! I will try it when my 10 days is up on L2 but if I feel like it is too much, I will go back to L2 and extend my 30 days out to incorporate all levels! So far, I definately feeling stronger, and still sweat buckets, not losing pounds though. My belly is not changing but my hips and arms are, I am working on sodim intake now because I really think it is causing some crazy inflamation. Glad to have stuck through it, I am at a point now where I will not miss a day, huge success for me!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Did D3 L2 (13/30) today! I finally realized what move in L2 was making my glutes so sore... It's the pendulum lunges!! HELLO SORENESS!! Today was pretty fun though. Yesterday felt a lot harder than today.
    So far, I definately feeling stronger, and still sweat buckets, not losing pounds though. My belly is not changing but my hips and arms are,
    :laugh: Same boat here! Stick with it!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Hi, Day 2 level 2. Day 16 of 30. YaY!!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi, Day 2 level 2. Day 16 of 30. YaY!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so great! Keep up the good work! I'm still babying a sore ankle:sad:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I did level 3 for the first time... YOWZA! That's tough. Anyone else on level 3? Do your wrists hurt? My do something terrible!! I think it's from all those plank pose moves. I took a day off today and just did JM's Cardio Kickbox instead. That was a great workout. I think I'll alternate as I needed to rest my wrists.

Good luck to you all!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    jellyfishjen... Awesome progress!
    I did level 3 for the first time... YOWZA! That's tough. Anyone else on level 3? Do your wrists hurt? My do something terrible!! I think it's from all those plank pose moves. I took a day off today and just did JM's Cardio Kickbox instead. That was a great workout. I think I'll alternate as I needed to rest my wrists.
    Yeah, the wrists are killer! (I'm on L2)
  • brit1329
    Options

Good luck to you all!

I tried level 3 yesterday for the first time. I agree it was really tough. I think I'm going to try it again tonight. I'm not feeling too bad today, except I can feel some soreness in my abs.