202 Pounds Down... About 130 or So To Go (with Pics)...

Options

Replies

• mercymercyme
    mercymercyme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I could tell the difference straight away!! Fantastic job. And your intro nearly made me cry( I know, I'm a big softie). VERY INSPIRING!!!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    great job!!!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments and well wishes... MFP people are the sweetest! I have definitely been motivated by this site and the people on it... so pat yourselves on the back for helping this former couch potatoe with major food issues!
    What kept you motivated if you felt down once and a while? How did you first start out? I would love to hear your story. It's probably amazing!

I definitely have down days, but I've learned to take it one day at a time. If I mess up today... there's tomorrow. Before, I'd get into this cycle where I would mess up, hate myself for doing it, and then eat and eat to make myself feel better about it. I'm cutting the middle man out of that... it's one day...

The biggest keys to my success:

- One day at a time... forever and ever and ever. In my years of dieting I would get overwhelmed always thinking about the end goal. Wow... I have over 300 pounds to lose... how the heck am I going to do that? It's impossible! I might as well just quit right now. That thinking obviously only made me fatter. So, now... I focus on today...

- ALL things in moderation... What got me to my highest weight in the first place was the dieter's way of restricting certain foods. I'd start a diet and vow I'd never, ever eat sugar or french fries for the rest of my life. The next day I'd be in the drive through of the Burger King buying 2 king size fries and a whopper. I had to change my thinking. I tell myself I can eat what I want as long as I can fit it into my daily calories. That way, I can still eat the things I love and won't freak out and binge later... and guess what... I still lose weight!

- Get moving! I don't have a gym membership. I've never liked gyms... people staring at me, whispering behind my back, laughing at me, etc. I didn't like to go out in public back in the huge-mongous days because of all the stares I'd get... so I used my resources at home. Most of my weight I walked off... walking... all it requires is a good pair of tennis shoes and the skills you learned when you were a toddler. I get up a playlist on my iPOD and head outdoors in the summer/spring/fall... in the winter, I've resorted to a recumbent bike. I got plantar fasciitis really bad in my foot a few months back, so I've been biking a lot more than walking.

I'm not looking for perfection... just persistence! Believe me... if I can do it... ANYONE can do it!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am so thankful you shared :) Awesome job!!!
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    Your story is truly inspiring. This is going to sound cheezy, but I really feel so proud of someone when I see that they were able to do this on their own. It has a lot to do with how I grew up. You should look in that mirror everyday and just tell yourself how truly awesome you are, because YOU ARE!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures with us!!
  • mercymercyme
    mercymercyme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok tears again....
    sniff sniff
  • Rebeccamoore
    Rebeccamoore Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look like a different person! You look younger! You should be soooo proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. I can definitely see the results and you will be able to soon, I'm sure! You are over half way so well done you!!!! I can't wait to see the end pictures!!! You have inspired me to stay on track, thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Whitney, you are amazing person and such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story. One day at a time is such an important message and I needed to hear that tonight. I wish you all the success you deserve.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Thank you for posting these. People need to know that it can be done. Great work!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im floored....you are amazing way to go girl!!!!keep up the good work!:heart:
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You are doing AMAZING!!!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Wow so much to celebrate! Keep up the amazing work!
  • blaair
    Options
    Woow, that is truly inspirational! Congratulations, you look wonderful!
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You have beautiful cheekbones......Wow, What a wonderful difference. Your heart and lungs must thank you too..... You look fabulous.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Seriously AMAZING!
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OMG, this is a complete inspiration to me!! I trying to lose over 100lbs and sometimes it feels overwhelming! I too am just taking it one day at a time and just accepting my new lifestyle and trying to embrace life!!! Congrats. You are just fabulous :o)
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a strong woman you are! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I love your "now" pictures. We can really see "you"! Keep up the fantastic progress.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your pics! You are so inspirational and beautiful!

What kept you motivated if you felt down once and a while? How did you first start out? I would love to hear your story. It's probably amazing!

:flowerforyou:

I would love to hear your whole story too. With 100 pounds still to go, i am so inspired by your dedication and perseverance.

Go, girl, go!
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How can you not see the difference! You look AWESOME and I am proud of your hard work. You may still be way offf from your goal, but you have done amazing work nand you shoukd feel more confident about that. Have you tried looking for more flirtier clothes or tried activities you were not able to do before? Doing more things for yourself will help you love yourself alot more. You are such an inspiration and I wish you all the best!:flowerforyou:
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!