202 Pounds Down... About 130 or So To Go (with Pics)...

Options

Replies

• cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    That is so fabulous - thank you for sharing! Congratulations!
  • nikkiWIP
    nikkiWIP Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ur story and ur pics!! Ur definitely an inspiration for me to keep pushing!!! Congrats on ur journey and keep ur motivation high and strong
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    you look great. You can see a difference and I hope that someday you will see it too. Thank you for posting because it is so inpirational for me to see transformations. Congratulations
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WOW girl this is amazing and you should be incredibly proud of yourself! I have about 100 lbs left to lose and seeing your pics just inspired me! I have been doing really well but seeing you and your story just motivated me even more! THANK YOU for sharing your story and your pictures! I know it is hard to show them but all of us that need motivation really appreciate it!!!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!! Can't wait to see your pics when you are to your goal weight!!!!! You can do it!!!!
  • barberella
    Options
    You are inspiring. You keep up your great attitude towards how you look at your goal. Stop calling yourself a big fat blob. I don't see that at all. I see someone who is determined to do something about themselves, and did not do it the easy way. Keep up the fight; you are definitely winning!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You are a beautiful woman, beautiful at your highest (it shows in your smile), and wow it just got so much brighter on those 180 pounds plus lost pics. Don't give up! You have come so far and you are inspiring so many people! I am more than grateful I am a part of seeing your transformation. I know it has got to feel amazing. You are such a lovely lady CONGRATULATIONS! WAY TO GO!
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I am so amazed and proud of you! Keep it up!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I definitely have down days, but I've learned to take it one day at a time. If I mess up today... there's tomorrow. Before, I'd get into this cycle where I would mess up, hate myself for doing it, and then eat and eat to make myself feel better about it. I'm cutting the middle man out of that... it's one day...

The biggest keys to my success:

- One day at a time... forever and ever and ever. In my years of dieting I would get overwhelmed always thinking about the end goal. Wow... I have over 300 pounds to lose... how the heck am I going to do that? It's impossible! I might as well just quit right now. That thinking obviously only made me fatter. So, now... I focus on today...

- ALL things in moderation... What got me to my highest weight in the first place was the dieter's way of restricting certain foods. I'd start a diet and vow I'd never, ever eat sugar or french fries for the rest of my life. The next day I'd be in the drive through of the Burger King buying 2 king size fries and a whopper. I had to change my thinking. I tell myself I can eat what I want as long as I can fit it into my daily calories. That way, I can still eat the things I love and won't freak out and binge later... and guess what... I still lose weight!

- Get moving! I don't have a gym membership. I've never liked gyms... people staring at me, whispering behind my back, laughing at me, etc. I didn't like to go out in public back in the huge-mongous days because of all the stares I'd get... so I used my resources at home. Most of my weight I walked off... walking... all it requires is a good pair of tennis shoes and the skills you learned when you were a toddler. I get up a playlist on my iPOD and head outdoors in the summer/spring/fall... in the winter, I've resorted to a recumbent bike. I got plantar fasciitis really bad in my foot a few months back, so I've been biking a lot more than walking.

I'm not looking for perfection... just persistence! Believe me... if I can do it... ANYONE can do it!

I love love love this. So many people do the same, but not very many have the courage to make the mindset changes you did. It's not about starving yourself or eating diet food. The perspective you put on this is honestly what holds most people back. 50 or 300, you just can't get anywhere without that attitude of yours. It rubs off, too! So everyone on here is benefitting from you as a role model, encouragment wise you are off the chart!

But the pictures. Your face is defined now, and healthy is shining out of it. There was a whole 'nuther person in there! Beautiful! It's still you, and it's only going to get easier to get out and not have that track playing in your head about people looking at you. 'Cause they will look at you, but be thinking how fab you look! That is going to feel awkward, but remember it's GOOD things they are
    thinking! I have to imagine it will take a while to catch up to your new self!

Off the couch! Such an amazing soul stuck on the couch is a waste. We loose. I look for your comments and posts every day because you are pretty fantastic, no matter if there is a fat suit or skinny suit on, you are still inside there. So it's you people will love, and you are pretty loveable! We are the loosers that did without you back then, when you were on the couch.

Anyways, I'll bet your body is thanking you for hanging in there. This has got to have changed how your hips, knees, feet, and body is going to be when you get older for the better! Looking forward to the next 100lbs off picture!

I like to drown myself in food when I feel bad, or good, or whatever. Same thing. Here's to eating because it feels and tastes good!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You look great and an inspiration to us all. You have my sympathy for the foot problem, i know how painful it can be.

Keep up the good work - you are amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Holy cheek bones girl!!!! You look amazing!

I love your method too, moderation moderation moderation. Cravings and binge eating are the biggest stumbling blocks and allowing treats in moderation just makes sense.

Always glad to see you on my news feed
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Whitney! I'm so proud of you for posting this. It's very hard to face ourselves, especially when we have so much shame about our bodies. You obviously are very strong and are recognizing that you are beautiful. I'd kill for those cheek bones girl!

*hugs*
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    What an incredible accomplishment. You really are truly an inspiration. Wtg for keeping at it, you look gorgeous!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Add me to the chorus of folks saying you look great!! :bigsmile: Fabulous! I love how your cheekbones are so defined now. Congratulations for a job well done! :flowerforyou:
  • cross533
    cross533 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an achievement. You look great!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You've done great!
  • Mrsbonno
    Mrsbonno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are such an ispiration!! You can definitely tell the difference! Even though you don't feel comfortable posting full body shots, you can see a huge difference in your face.
  • Buffy2point0
    Buffy2point0 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is awesome! You are truly an inspiration to us all! Have a wonderful journey to your goal.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Spectacular! Congratulations!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!
    You are such an inspiration for the rest of us... what changes did you make (like diet, exercise) I would love to know what works.

And BTW I have to tell yousomething -- you are beautiful. You were at your heavier weight and beautiful now as well. Do not ever forget that!

I am sooo proud of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!