You know you're an MFP addict when....

Options

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ...when you drunk update your status...

I did this last night!!!!

My other addiction is talking to everyone I know about MFP. At a party last night I kept grabbing drink mixers and showing everyone how I could log the calories by scanning. May have gotten a few converts too!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    - You check MFP in the morning, before any other website.
    - Your friends on facebook are wondering where you've been.
    - You avoid eating something because you think it will be too complicated to log.
    - You work out extra hard just so your "____ burned ____ calories" post will be impressive.
    - You do a happy dance when your friends lose weight (or gain, depending on goals).
    - You roll your eyes when you see a "should I eat my exercise calories" post appear in recent activity (which is to say, several times a day)
    - You weigh yourself before and after daily activities, such as shaving, just to see if there was a difference.
    - During sex you find yourself wishing you wore your HRM.

I am ALL OVER all of these! LOL - I have totally searched the exercise database for "sex".
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My name is Mimi, and I am an MFP addict!! Thanks for sharing your story!!! Glad to know we are not alone!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    GUILTY!!!! So so so so true!!
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just joined a couple of weeks ago and my husband is always asking me " are you on facebook again" I can proudly say nope!! I am on my new favorite web site MFP rocks!!!:love:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    With my husband, make that about 25, lol.

:laugh: (I love genuine "LOL's" and that was one! Thanks)
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    All of these are so true. Love it
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You know you're an MFP addict when ....

You talk to your significant other about your MFP buddies more than you do about your co-workers or real life friends.
    Everytime you run an errand and park your car in the furthest spot or run up the stairs in whatever building, you think "should I add this?"
    On a (very rare) slow day at work and when the boss is out, all your co-workers are playing "words with friends" and you are on MFP, congratulating your MFP buddies on their weight loss or exercise for the day or just offering encouragement and support in general.
    You do add your MFP buddies to Facebook and they post more comments about your day than people that actually do know you!

LOVE this thread ;-)
  • Lisamarie1226
    Options
    You know you're an MFP addict when ....

You talk to your significant other about your MFP buddies more than you do about your co-workers or real life friends.
    Everytime you run an errand and park your car in the furthest spot or run up the stairs in whatever building, you think "should I add this?"
    On a (very rare) slow day at work and when the boss is out, all your co-workers are playing "words with friends" and you are on MFP, congratulating your MFP buddies on their weight loss or exercise for the day or just offering encouragement and support in general.
    You do add your MFP buddies to Facebook and they post more comments about your day than people that actually do know you!
    You get asked out to dinner with friends or family and you want to know exactly WHERE you are going ---like SOLID plans-- so you can look at the menu online, check the calorie contents, AND log it so you can see where you'll be after that meal.

LOVE this thread ;-)
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I just joined a couple of weeks ago and my husband is always asking me " are you on facebook again" I can proudly say nope!! I am on my new favorite web site MFP rocks!!!:love:

mine just asked, "are you on facebook? oh, no, you're on that fitness site. like you *need* another social network." lol
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a long time...this is my home away from home. My friends on here are actually closer to me than some in the real world, lol.
    I love my group and they love me for me...no games, no lies, not playing around.

And I am on here for at least 2 hours a day, lol.
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    I'm guilty. :blushing:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Options
    Oh dear! Major MFP mistake. I meant to "edit" my post and it seems I quoted myself....URGH!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Yes! Yes! I am an addict!!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY ..... I am definitely an MFP addict!!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm hooked!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great post, My name is Barb and I am an MFP addict. I have been addicted since 12/28/10 and I do not see it letting up.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    omg all of the above!!
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    Rotfl!!!!(wonder if i can log those calories burnt) hmmm.....lol! Thx for the laugh!!!!
  • lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i amazed people with my calorie estimating abilities!