How often you do weigh in?

Options

Replies

• elischanicole13
    Options
    I usually end up weighing everyday but I do an official weigh-in every week.

Same here:)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    well I have done it all, weighed everyday, sometimes everytime I walked by the scale, but THIS WEEK, I am on my once a week weigh in, Friday mornings are the best day for me. I have even had to give my scale to my teenage son to Hide , so I dont weigh so often, But TODAY, I am proud to say, my scale sits in my bathroom and I dont even want to step on it unless its Friday morning.

Whatever it takes, I say. Weigh when you want, I think weighing daily has its advantage when you are trying to figure out what effects your body, Sodium, wine, ect, but once you have it all figured out, once a week should be your goal.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I weigh almost daily. I usually log mine on Monday or Wednesday, depends on if I've eaten breakfast before weighing on Mondays, which I occasionally do. If that happens I just make sure that I weigh in before eating on Wednesday, so I get my loss in. Occasionally I will log more than once a week, mainly for personal motivation.
  • Ineedtorun
    Options
    well I have done it all, weighed everyday, sometimes everytime I walked by the scale, but THIS WEEK, I am on my once a week weigh in, Friday mornings are the best day for me. I have even had to give my scale to my teenage son to Hide , so I dont weigh so often, But TODAY, I am proud to say, my scale sits in my bathroom and I dont even want to step on it unless its Friday morning.

Whatever it takes, I say. Weigh when you want, I think weighing daily has its advantage when you are trying to figure out what effects your body, Sodium, wine, ect, but once you have it all figured out, once a week should be your goal.

WOW look at you!!!!

WELL DONE!!!
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, unless its my 'time'. then I skip tat week since I am more likely to retain water during that time.
  • staarz21
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. I know some people say to do it one a week but the scale is in the bathroom just begging me to step on it!!
  • maliciouspenguin
    maliciouspenguin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning; it's when the weekly calories start again, so it seemed just right!

I keep the scales under the stairs, so they're out of sight, out of mind....!
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    I weigh pretty much daily because it keeps me on track, but I only log my weight on Wednesdays :)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Personally I try to stick to once a week (first thing in the moring, naked and after a wee!!! TMI - sorry)

There is nothing more demotivating than seeing the constant fluctuations of your weight!!!
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I only count it Saturday morning.
  • emmaloveslife89
    emmaloveslife89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings but I'm thinking about changing to monthly because the up and down constantly drives me nuts!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. My husband prefers to weigh in daily to keep better track of how certain foods or exercises affect his body, however his Friday weigh in is the one he goes by for logging on here :smile:
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, but only log when it goes down. I've noticed that my weight cycles over a 2-4 day period (of weighing in at about the same time every day) but as long as it is trending downwards, I'm happy! I'm set to lose 1.5lb/week and I show a loss generally every 5-8 days of 1lb on my old scale. I'll be using my new scale from now on, though... it has decimals!
  • ontheheap
    ontheheap Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times throughout the day. I usually do it when I wake up (before using the bathroom), after using the bathroom, mid-day, in the evening before dinner, after dinner, after exercise, and right before bed. I like to get an idea of how my weight fluctuates over the course of a day, and how my various choices during the day affect my weight. I only use my morning, post-bathroom weight as my "official" weight, and I only log when it is consistent for a couple of days.
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    I weigh in everyday... but don't officially document it until my official weigh in day-which is Saturdays.
  • Dahsman
    Options
    Hi I am new in the last week as well, I weigh in once a week, not sure how often anyone else does.
  • samkaca
    samkaca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Personally, I usually weigh myself every day (ish) but I only input on Sundays. It's interesting to see the daily fluctuations, but in the end after a week, I can see the actual progress I have made.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale everyday but I only record my official weight once a week. It benefits me to see where I am, especially as I continue to lose weight- once I'm out a ceratin range I want to stay out of that range. It's really a personal preference
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am a scale junkie. I weigh every day and several times. (not sure why I do that, I realize it's stupid) lol...I only track once a week though
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I first started I weighed in every few days coz I was loosing a lot due to drastic change in my diet.

I now weigh in once a week - I see better results that way. And I weigh on a friday coz I normally have bad weekends and have the week to sort it out. Although weighing once a week drives me crazy - I realy want to know if i'm on track but I'm determined to stick to once a week