What's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am not huge on breakfast food so I either eat cheerios or 1 minute quick oats.

Lately I've been having Quaker Multigrain hot cereal and I like it a lot. It has a better texture than just plain oats. Add a mashed up super ripe banana and it's naturally sweetened and still pretty low on calories.

I'm at 1280 calories/day so I try to stay under 200 for breakfast. When I'm in maintenance mode I'm not sure if I'll really go any higher because I like to have late snacks.
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of cereal with milk and V8 Fusion juice. I tend to keep it small.
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you're in the mood for!!! I have food allergies and my doctor told my many years ago to eat anything I want for breakfast and never limit myself to the traditional breakfast foods. I took his advice!!!!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i like making egg sandwiches for breakfast w/ egg whites and either canadian bacon and soy meat substitute and swiss cheese.

or

my new found love, oatmeal!! ha ha
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Generally I eat 1 cup cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 slices of Sara Lee's 45 Calories & Delightful bread w/ 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and a glass of water. Sometimes I'll have a slice or two of American Cheese instead of the peanut butter, but usually it's the peanut butter as the cheese is ridiculously high in fat & calories.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    This morning was 2 poached egg whites and three slices of center cut low sodium bacon. I have that a lot of mornings because it cooks it self while I'm dressing. I use an egg poacher and flat griddle.
  • HappyWith_3
    HappyWith_3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    2 egg white omelet w/ half slice of weight watchers cheese, spinach and mushrooms
    2 slices turkey bacon (35 calories)
    Slice of weight watchers bread, toasted w/ spray butter
    12 Grapes (2 ounces)
    Vitamins

Eat this daily, cooks easy fast...
    Yum!
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I tend to have Alpen Original every morning, used to be toast but had to give that up to stop the bloated belly!
  • jmcniel
    Options
    In the winter it is usually Brown Sugar Oatmeal or a bagel, summer is usually Honey Nut Cheerios.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I normally have one of two meals for breakfast. Either an egg white omelet with peppers, onions and chicken sausage and fruit or Toast with almond butter/Huckleberry sauce, chicken sausage and fruit.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person unless it's for dinner. Lol.

But when I do have it, it's usually a slim fast or today it was one of the new morning star egg, sausage and cheese biscuits. So good.
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I make a home made granola which lasts me almost a month. Each morning I have 1/4 cup of granola mixed with either honey or blueberry Oikos Greek yogurt. The crunch and chew makes it satisfying, the protein makes it filling.

On the weekend, when I have more time to cook and clean up a mess, I might have a couple scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and veggies (mushrooms, green peppers usually). Sometimes I have toast with that, sometimes not.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person unless it's for dinner. Lol.

Breakfast for dinner is bomb.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like the active lifetsyle oatmeal or vanilla almond cereal, or kashi cereal with 1/2 c. 1% milk.
    I also eat the Thomas thin bagels (whole wheat) with 1 tbsp of polaners all fruit spread, or egg beaters and turkey bacon
    and can add red onion, tomato, spinach, mushrooms, etc to the egg beaters.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh how I dislike breakfast so very much!

I've been trying to force myself to eat these steel cut oats, but each day I forced myself to eat them, the more I started to dislike them. Now just the mere thought of getting up tomorrow morning and having them for breakfast makes me want to hurl.

When I get up, I cannot consume anything except coffee. I do kind of like something like a biscotti to go with my coffee. I'm not big on sweets, but something like a little piece of gingerbread does me just fine first thing in the A.M. Otherwise, I just wait until around lunch.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I work 7a-4p at a desk job so I used to eat toast or a bagel early in the morning and found that doesn't work for me..so I eat dry cereal at about 8ish when I am fully awake, and then I eat one packet of oatmeal at my 10:00 break... On weekends though, it's typically eggs and toast :)
  • nukehiker
    Options
    my regular breakfast consists of the following

3 egg whites
    1/2 egg yolk
    2 slices of tomato
    small amount of sliced orange bell pepper
    1 cup of spinach

1 slice whole grain toast with peanut butter

8 0z of v8 fusion fruit and vegetable and green tea pomegranate

total is about 325 calories,
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I take my breakfast with me and eat in the office. I have one packet of Ralphs organic oatmeal (110 calories), 1/4 cup of blueberries, and a piece of fresh fruit.
  • nichola_watters
    Options
    I have 30g of special k which is 114kcal and I have no more than 100ml of skimmed milk which is 35kcal. Sometimes I have a cup of normal tea, sometimes I have green tea or fennel tea.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I love to have: 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked in 2/3 cup of milk. Slice in a banana and throw in a palmful of walnuts. Delicious and nutritious!

Or.....2 pieces of toast with peanut butter (no sugar added), plus a few egg whites on the side.

Or, a protein shake: 1 cup of skim milk, one scoop of vanilla protein powder, one cup of strawberries, and half a banana......blend and drink. (or use the whole banana to make it thicker).

Feel free to check my diary, it's public.