Adding friends on MFP, does it help you?

Options
13»

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I don't spend much time on the message boards - mainly because I use my phone for MFP mostly and it doesn't make it easy.

I get all my inspiration and motivation from a small group of MFP friends.

So, yes, it does help me :-)
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like having friends here because I don't want them to see that I'm slacking so it helps to stick to it more! I don't have anyone with me physically to do this with but I do have online buddies and to me that's the next best thing! :)
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes it does! What helps me the most is logging on and seeing all the calories my friends are burning and it pushes me to work out as well!
  • outersoul
    Options
    Without a doubt it helps. I want to say it's been scientifically proven that if you have a partner doing it with you, you lose more weight. It personally helps me. When I don't feel like working out, I post. Someone usually responds pretty quickly and kicks me in the *kitten* to get me going. I even found local people that started on the same day I did and we go back and forth with the motivation.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    :bigsmile: Having friends on here is really what helps me. We are all striving for the same goal and we can encourage each other the whole way!!! Its always nice to have people who understand what ur going through and be there to lift ya up when ur down or answer questions u have or just to tell u ur doing great!!
  • Mrsbonno
    Mrsbonno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I LOVE having friends on here, anyone can add me, i love the enthusiasm we all have for eachother, and the GO GET THEM attitudes we can KEEP with group support... i made my food diary so my friends can see it, so if i cheat, everyone knows!
  • crys30
    crys30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I definately think it helps. :)

I need to make more friends so feel free to add me if you decide that you need some of us here.
  • jenh1101
    Options
    Definitely!!
    You can add me if you like.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes it helps alot to get that positive feedback from other people.
    You may add me if you wish. We motivate each other. :flowerforyou:
  • shunke
    shunke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today and decided to do so because I have been going it alone for years. I need a little extra help getting back on the wagon this time, so thought I'd try this. It's kinda neat having a sounding board and others in similar situations. YOu can see how they overcame issues and in return offer advice to those who are where you have been.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You should add friends. That's what makes MFP so special! I have wonderful MFP friends all over the English speaking world. If I'm awake at 3AM or whatever time and need some support, there is usually a great MFP bud on-line to help. I have amazing MFP friends and I haven't met any of them yet. Some members have their spouses, children, siblings, co-workers as friends as well. You can add me, if you'd like! Good luck in reaching your goals!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My friends are so funny i must burn atleast 200 hundred calories a day reading some of the crazy things they say! I LOVE IT!!!:happy:
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It totally helps I kind of look at it like facebook but for ppl who are trying to stay or get fit and healthy. Its good to have support from ppl who are trying to do the same thing you are :)
  • kimeister
    Options
    It's wonderful. I also thought I could go it alone and wasn't sure about adding friends changed my mind. The first time you post that you've completed your exercise for the day or you've lost even a small bit of weight or that you're having a bad day, and you receive responses from your friends encouraging you to keep going, you'll understand.

I love having friends. Feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!