Mostly for the ladies but men can answer to

Options

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

Before I got injured I was a UK size 8, 27" waist, 125 pounds.
    Then I ballooned to a UK size 14, 34" waist, 167 pounds.

At the moment I'm back in a size UK10/12 (depends), 30" waist, 146 pounds. Halfway there...
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 152 5'3, size 12, wearing med-large tops depending on the cut. I'm guessing I will have to slim down to the low 140s or high 130s to be a decent 6 or tight 8??
  • mksgirl83
    Options
    Agreed about the pants too big, however sometimes we wear pants that are too small b/c we dont want to say hey I wear a blank... I know that I've done... NOT THAT I AM SAYING ANYONE HERE is doing that, I am only speaking for myself!!! I hope to be a 4 but a 6 is good with me (got 30 more pounds to go) :happy:
    5'11"
    250 lbs
    Size 24 pants

I carry most of my weight in my belly, my waist measurements are almost the same as my hips. Comparing my stats to some of the other it seems like I'm wearing pants that are too big. Just makes me excited to see what I'll be wearing when I have more weight loss (30 to 40 pounds). I can't wait until I get to size 16, which is not my goal size, but at least I'll be able to buy pants without having to shop in the plus size section.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Well since you said guys can answer too let me be the first. 6' - 211 lbs. I can fit my waist into 32x32 jeans but they are way too tight on my thighs, i look like a 1980's cowboy going line dancing :-p, so i wear 34x32 jeans and xl shirts.

Not sure about my dress size though, i'll have to swing by a dress barn on the way home tonight an see what i can squeeze into. Lol :-)
  • mksgirl83
    Options
    LMBO, fabulous dont forget to report back
    Well since you said guys can answer too let me be the first. 6' - 211 lbs. I can fit my waist into 32x32 jeans but they are way too tight on my thighs, i look like a 1980's cowboy going line dancing :-p, so i wear 34x32 jeans and xl shirts.

Not sure about my dress size though, i'll have to swing by a dress barn on the way home tonight an see what i can squeeze into. Lol :-)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and was a large size 14 at 180 lbs (some of my higher riding jeans were a little too tight at the waistband). Now I'm a small size 14 at just under 163 lbs (some of my lower riding jeans are a little too big at the waistband). Last night I managed to squeeze into a pair of 12s for the first time in a lot of years. I could fasten them, but have a few more lbs to go before I wear them in public. I think I weighed around 145 lbs or so the last time I wore 10s, and don't remember ever wearing anything smaller than a 10. Not since puberty, anyway.

My figure isn't, and never has been, what you would describe as classic hourglass. I've never carried a disproportionate amount of my extra weight on my hips or butt, or bust, for that matter, so it's my relatively thick waist that I have to fit. At my highest weight I accumulated a lot of size 14s that ride below my natural waistline because the alternative was moving up to 16s. I really REALLY didn't want to do that.
  • tater8589
    Options
    5'7"
    140-146 (can't keep stable weight)
    US size- 7-9pants/dress, depending on brand
    shirts med-large depending on cut and brand

I have to add, I like to shop at Gap (outlet) cause their sizes are "big" so I can wear a 4-6/small.
    I have a belly to lose, my goal is 125, though 130 will make me happy (as long as I put on muscle)
  • tsmith6569
    Options
    this has been an awesome post and very interesting responses. Its crazy I know but I just want to be in a size 8 FOR EVERYTHING. My current weight is 146 @ 5'4" and I don't know why but size 8 seems unattainable. I am in a size 10/12 now for the most part. What does it matter anyway and WHY do we do this to ourselves????
  • Awineburg
    Options
    5'5 I carry all of my weight in my tummy area and i wear a 26/ 28 :blushing:
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 150, US size 10 bottom, medium top.

Ladies, please do not trip out over jeans. Different styles are cut differently and will fit different. Rise is a HUGE factor in this. Low rises fit hella different that mid rises and I bounce between 8 and 12 in the jeans where I work (The GAP, for reference). The wash can influence the feel of the fabric and darker jeans will tend to fit tighter than lighter jeans. Same for stretch, that's kind of a no brainer. I'm sure its the same at other stores so fret not, please! Just focus on getting the best ones for your booty :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

When you swing by DressBarn, make sure you get some pictures to post!:laugh:
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    5'3.25" size 8, about 145-146... I gained weight after losing so my size 8s are a tad tight in places, but i'm losing again so it's good! :)
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't want tross0924 to be alone, so I'll chip in. I'm 5'10" and 158 lbs. I'm now wearing 32x29 pants. At my heaviest (267; started MFP at 250) I was wearing 40x30.

I don't know about dresses but did wear tights to a theme wedding. Fortunately, I can't find the pictures.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    wow! I just saw your weight loss, thats incredible!!!
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight as of Jan 29th: 227lbs
    Size: 16

• amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I'm 128ish pounds and 5'6''. I wear a US women's 4 or 6 (depending on the brand) or a Juniors 5, 7 or 9 (depending on the brand).

I keep most of my weight in my thighs/ legs, definitely a pear shape!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 159lbs and cant get into anything smaller than a size 12!! and i wore a size 12 at 179lbs...i really wonder if i will ever drop a dress size!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7" 216 and wear a size 12/14 jeans and a L/XL shirt, I'm also hourglass shaped.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm 5"4 currently 142 lbs and wear a Australian Size 10/12 in pants and Med to small tops.

Most of my weight now is sitting on my butt and thighs. lol
  • calvarado
    Options
    ugh, well first off, I'm an hour glass shape.. I'm fairly muscular and medium in build. I am 5'4" , currently weighing 178-180 lbs and 14's are too big, some 12's are perfect, some are still a little tight. I don't really have a magic # in my head size wise or weight wise even... I know when I do say my size or weight, people are often surprised. When I restarted MFP last month ( jan 4, 2011) my 14's were tight... hoping for 10's in a few more weeks!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Height 59"/4' 11"
    Weight 132.2lbs
    Size 10 Jeans/Pants
    Size Large Tops