Back To basic

Options

Replies

• dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOOOD Tuesday morning Team. just checking in and was suprized to see that there was only one post since my last post yesterday. Our girl Tamamra! you Rock woman.

I have like 4 or 5 more days left on my Cardio kick start on the Active 2 and I can restart it on Medium or hard or move to a 9 week program or even make my own routine, I have not decided what I want to to do yet. Today is my long day at work so I make this my off day. I really need to start bringing some snack stuff for during the day so I can have something every two or three hours to keep burning fuel and not slow down. any suggestions?
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

Welcome Katie!!

I have not been online since thursday. no internet at home yet:sad:

congrats everyone that lossed lbs!!!

If you didnt lose lbs keep going strong and it will come off :happy:

I didnt exercise this weekend so I have to push myself more this week:frown:

did anyone lose inches instead of pounds??

I am gonna do some squats at work today but I am not sure what food to try:huh:

Have a healthy day everyone!!!
    We got this!!! :bigsmile:
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have realized that long weekends or weekends in general are not good for me. Everything was fine until I went to the bday party Saturday afternoon and then it has been all downhill from there. I like my routine better when I am at work! So here I go again....another do over for me! :explode:

Sickness has also hit our household...my daughter went to school with a bad sore throat and I can guarantee they will call me to pick her up! My poor baby!

Ok...so a while back I said that I made a promise to my son that is in Afghanistan that when he came back, he would have a new momma....well he is due back in 5 months and all I have is an 8lb loss to show for it. I really need to get down to business. This losing weight stuff is just plain hard... :angry:

Tamara....so happy for you that you got the job! They hit the jackpot when they hired you!

Bobbie...how is our little momma doing today? I hope the weather clears for you there...I know it makes me feel depressed when the sun is not shining!

Don...you are doing great...keep up the good work.

Amber...I can just tell how bad you want this weight loss....you go girl!

Oops...can't finish this right now...I hear boss calling me.

TTFN!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Good morning my wonderful team,
    I am having a hit of an issue and would like to get everyone's thought on this. Ok so every week I weigh in on friday and usually see a 2 lb loss. When I wake up on sat I see at least a 1-2 lb gain and it sticks with me all week. I even weighed this morning and I am still up that same damn lb. Then out of nowhere hursday night I end up losing it and my 2 lbs. Any ideas why my body is holding the weight till the last second or why I gain a lb back every week? I am eating right and def working out. Not sure why this is happening but to be honest it is starting to wear on my nerves and frusterate me. Any thoughts or suggestions would be wonderful.
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good afternoone everyone and happy Tuesday. I agree with marcie about the long weekends. We were going to get out and do something, but snow hit and then a windchill of 2 and that has kept us inside. When the weather is bad, we are bad. We order unhealthy take out and just make ourselves sick. We were bad all weekend. I told my husband that he has to be my good sailor and follow orders and that means cutting down on out to eat and that we have to make better decisions. I need to eat nurtitious foods for myself and the baby and not junk. I told him we can have one splurge a week. This week it will be on Saturday. He has a couple of buddies coming over and I am going to cook and bake for us. I know the guys on base get so sick of the gross food in the galley. These are his good buddies so I try to feed them every few weeks. So Saturday is our splurge day and that is that.

Marcie - 5 months is still a lot of time to make your soon proud and to keep your promise. Slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there and I hope you get some walks in at work today.

Don - You just keep hanging in there man. keep it up. You could try taking fruits and veggies for snack, a peanut bitter sandwich, or maybe some nuts for good protien. Just watch your portion sizes.

Tamara - Good job on changing up your calories and giving yourself back to God. He has a plan for you and he will keep you on the right path. Love ya girlie.

Jessica - Did the MIL come and get you yesterday? How are you doing getting the exercise in with the DH home?

Deneen - Where did you go? Get your butt back here now!

Jena - You have been quiet. Is everythign okay?

Kerry, Karen, Rupi and anyone else - Please come back to us soon.

I am being a good girl today. I am getting my calories in and getting in a workout. Have a good day everyone.
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Just as I thought...I had to go pick up daughter from school and took her home. I fed her, medicated her and put her to bed. And since it cut into my walking time at work....I plugged in the JM 30 day DVD and did my work out. :happy: Once she was settled in I came back to work and dad will be home soon to take over.

I will go walking here for my afternoon break, so I'm pretty happy I worked in my excercise!

Bobbie...5 months may be a long time, but I also know that I have been doing this since last August which is 6 months and I only have an 8lbs loss. :ohwell: I guess it should give me an extra push since I am running out of time.
    I just need to stay focused and do it! Glad you are putting your foot down on the bad food and only doing it once a week!

I will be back later if I can....I need to catch up since I had to leave for a couple of hours. Gosh good thing I live close to my job!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Good For You Marci! :drinker:
  • katieg2289
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope you all are having a lovely and healthy day thus far! Sorry I haven't been on posting more often, I spent basically the entire weekend cleaning my room & tried to spend any spare time with my babies (dogs and cats hehe).

So let's see... I feel that things have been going really well, and considering I have lost 1.4lbs since Sat (I am doing a challenge that means weighing in Tuesday, otherwise I wouldn't do so twice a week) I must be doing something right! I have found that I can do 25 minutes now on the elliptical without too much physical distress, and so I am aiming for 30 minutes each day now. I went in and got a fitness Wii game yesterday, also, as I thought it would be fun. I didn't know what to buy, but the guy said Zumba is really popular, so I got that and will try it out today!! I'm also hoping to get JM 30 Day Shred if our Wal Mart has it.

Non exercise/health wise, our area is supposed to be getting snow either today or tomorrow, which I am not too happy about! We didn't really get any snow all winter, and now that Spring should be coming it decides to visit! At least I have the game here so I can exercise even if I can't get to the gym!

Well now that I have rambled, I think that's about it! Have a great day everyone!!! :happy:
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm sorry I haven't been around. After I started to feel better, both of my kids got the flu. Followed soon after by my dh - who was probably the biggest baby of all. Doesn't that figure.

I've been in the same boat as Marcie. I'm just not in a good place. After being super motivated for months, life caught up. Work, illness, the house. I felt like Debbie Downer whenever I came on here, and I did not like it.

Work is extremely stressful. My school has undergone a big change in the number of economically disadvantaged kids (we're at 76% now) and our scores have dropped. The district is seriously concerned and is intervening a bit - with the possibility that it will intervene more and more. Plus, fourth grade has a standardized test coming up next week, so things are tense over that. I've been working long days and it's wearing on me. My motivation has suffered. I am a stress eater so it's a struggle.

I'm certainly NOT giving up. I have decided to not pressure myself too much. Or beat myself up over the choices I make. My goal is to maintain for the next little while.

Between now and next Tuesday (our first standardized test) I don't think I'll have much time to post to the thread - especially during the day. My hope is to be back for real on Wednesday.

I hope you all are doing fabulously!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bobbi- nope she ended up being sick all day so we went after my Daughters dr appointment today.gosh the pizza there is sooooo stinking good. HAvent gotten any exercise in but todays my 50 minute tuesday during biggest loser so I will today and the rest of the week should be normal boring and going no where so I should be able to get some in
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    After talking myself out of going to the gym I called Bobbie who made me feel good about any decision I had made for the day so off to the gym I went. I only did 30 min instead of an hour but I don't feel to guilty since I almost didn't go at all. I am off to eat now. I could use a few people to look through my food hournals and make some suggestions if anyone has a min.

Bobbie - Thanks for listening and not making me feel bad for any decision I made. I went to the gym and feel ok about it. Now that it is over I am glad that I went.
  • dhiggins8
    Options
    HeY all quick question does any one know how many calories do you think you burn jumping on a trampoline? We have one in the back yard 14 foot in diameter. Just thinking out loud. I hope everyone had a great day.mine was long after I got home I was called back to work 2hours after I left for 1 and 1 half hours which makes it seem much longer. I'm he now fixing to go to bed. Oh I tracked the milage from work to home and it is 4.5 miles I am think about either walking or biking to work to help cut down on expenses plus it will give me more excersize to get in. Gas here in Arlington Tx is $3.00
    Well good night all I have a feeling that I will be called in to work in the middle of the night.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey team..Busy day yesterday..I really think my body is loving 2000 calories..Yesterday I logged right under 2000, but I didnt log th one tagalong I ate so all in all over 2000 calories..I am truely loving giving up the computer and focusing more on the kids and hubby.. We all sit at the table and eat dinner together we talk we turn off tv, we see how everyone day went.. Hubs and I stayed pretty busy yesterday which is good, trying to get all his cleaning caught up before I start my job on March 21.. I am trying to get into a habit now, so it wont be that hard when I do start..Last night about 9 pm someone knocked on our door, we dont ever have vistors especailly that late...It was our neighbor his house was broken into and they stole his tv.. The cops said she probably knows who did it, its a women and 2 black men..They have been doing a rush of break in lately and they chased them over to by our house and then lost them, she said she was probably hiding in his house..Scary stuff.. So our front door has a rectangle window on it I told my husband put some foil over it, becasue if you look right in the window you see everyone..every system and we have every game system known to man.. and the flat screen tv hanging on the wall.. Then I was like I leave early for the gym and soon for work and if they are watching me leave, thats scary, I wil be on the prowl this morning to make sure no one is around which I usually am, but even more so now..

Bobbie- Get back on the wagon girl like I said yesterday I got my eye on you.

Amber- Glad you made it to the gym super proud of you.

Don- I like to go to website healthstatus.com..they have an calorie burner calculator

Jessica-I do like chuck e cheese pizza, but love me the salad bar.

Karen-Get through your testing, sending you a hug

Jena- You are being quite whats going on in that little head of your.

Amy- Glad to see you posting

Katie- Good job on the loss

Marice- You have this take a deep breath and run with it..

Well ya'll trying to catch up, I hope I got everyone and if I forgot someone I truely am sorry, I wll catch you later.. Have an awesome hump day.. Today is double workout, I promise mykids we can go on wednesday evening this is her bounce factory time, they put it up and let all the kids bounce so this is her fun day.. Bye!!
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!! How are you doing today? I have been bad for 3 days no exercise and not logging any foods i ate. I work so hard eating right and exercising during the week when I am working but every weekend I mess it up:angry: Today I am gonna eat only vegies and a protein bar. I am going to ride my bike for a hour and try to walk 30 mins. I will get back on track and stay here:smile:

what is everyone doing to lose weight?
    how much exercise a day is good?

I hope you all have a healthy day!!!!:bigsmile:
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    tamara- I think Ive only gotten the salad bar once there . I would go overboard with the pizza and the salad bar if I got it though lol

Don- gas here is 3.15 :(
  • dhiggins8
    Options
    tamara- I think Ive only gotten the salad bar once there . I would go overboard with the pizza and the salad bar if I got it though lol

Don- gas here is 3.15 :(

Jess where is here? I do not know where you live. gas is just out of control!
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Mornin all!

My daughter is home sick today, but her dad is taking her to the doctor today at 10am. This mess is just going around so bad. I am trying hard not to catch it!

I think Amy asked what we are doing to lose weight. This is what I started doing when I was in a bad place...we all remember that! :tongue:

I started eating small meals every 2-3 hours and I cut down considerably on sugar. So my day goes something like this

4:45 am - Coffee with fat free creamer
    6:45 am - out the door drop son off at school
    7:20am - Coffee with fat free creamer
    8:00-8:30am - Thomas light english muffin(toasted) with sugar free all fruit
    10:00am- 15 minute walk in the building and up and down stairs, if weather is good I go outside and walk the sidewalks.
    10:30am- Oatmeal with banana
    11:30-12:30pm - 30 minute walk (same routine as 10am) If I have errands to run and can't do my 30 minute walk then I will do the JM 30day shred after work. After daylight savings time I will take a 45 min - 1hr walk after work.
    12:30-1:00pm - Weight Watchers entree and Fiber one bar
    2:30-3:00pm - Any fruit
    3:00-3:30pm - 15 minute walk (same routine as 10am)
    4:00-4:30 or so - fat free/light yogurt
    Go home and have dinner...usually some type of grilled meat and veggies/salad or pasta (we are starting to try the whole wheat pastas) and I also love to make ground turkey taco salads.
    And of course I drink all of my water during the day and dinner. Don't get me wrong there are times where I sneak in a Girl Scout cookie, a couple of Hershey's kisses(these little suckers are 22 calories each) Weekends it is hard for me to stick to this, so I don't know what I have to do to stick with it then.

Anyway hope this helps someone! Will check back later.
  • napanda69
    Options
    Hi Tamara! My name is Amanda. I am 49 and weigh 176. I am trying also to get back to basics. I am doing this the old fashioned way...watch what I eat, get in some consistant exercise and follow through with my committment to do this. I have given up on any weight loss plan that costs money...not willing to pay for what I can do for free. I want to get down to 150..but most importantly, I want to be healthy. I have some thyroid issues and have had a hysterectomy, but I haven't read anywhere that this means that I cannot lose weight. It just means that I will have to work a little harder.
    I want to join the challenge!!
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Hi Tamara! My name is Amanda. I am 49 and weigh 176. I am trying also to get back to basics. I am doing this the old fashioned way...watch what I eat, get in some consistant exercise and follow through with my committment to do this. I have given up on any weight loss plan that costs money...not willing to pay for what I can do for free. I want to get down to 150..but most importantly, I want to be healthy. I have some thyroid issues and have had a hysterectomy, but I haven't read anywhere that this means that I cannot lose weight. It just means that I will have to work a little harder.
    I want to join the challenge!!

Welcome Amanda!
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Rats! My daughter has the flu! She can't go back to school until Monday. My poor child! This is the first day she has missed in the last 2 years! I just hope and pray we all don't start coming down with it!