Back To basic

Options
Hey everyone I am ready to get back to basics, now that the hoildays are over.. I will try each week to have a challange and we weigh in on fridays..If you weigh in a different day then just let me know, I will put up a chart by Sunday after everyone sends me there weights and goals.. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join this challange.. But when you do please stat your name so we can become familiar with you by name just not by screen name.. We like to get chatty.. When someone is down we boost them up, when we are down we post to get boosted up. I have been on this website a little over 2 years and have lost all my weight now I am maintaince,but doesnt mean it doesnt take the same hard work.

Ok my name is Tamara I am 31 years old married to a wonderul man of almost 10 years with 2 children 13 yr old and 6 yr old.. I work with my husband in our own heating and air business and I am looking for a full time job which I can benefit from.. I love working with my husband but that also means weare together ALOT.. ok so here is a little about me.. My starting weight here is 135.. I wanna be no lower then 130..

So what about you?? Who is in??

Our first chllange will be drinking 64 oz of water daily.. That is the best thing you can do for you body..

Everyone have an awesome day and come join me in this healthy lifestyle!!

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hey tamara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im Jessica SAHM of two. Starting weight is 152 and goal is 135 (first goal). Would love to be lower since healthy weight for my hieght is 98-115!
  • MitziHickey
    Options
    I'm in!!

Mitzi, married mother of 3, stay at home GRANDMA! :happy:
    Just joined MFP 1-1-2011
    Starting weight: 276
    Goal weight: (Longterm) 150
    (90 day goal): 250
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Hi Tamara! I am in too.

My name is Bobbie. I am 28 and a stay at home wife. My husband is in the Navy. I moved to CT the end of November to be with him. I have not started looking for a job yet, but plan to do so soon. I was 289 when I started my journey. I weighed this morning after taking a week off for the holidays and was at 189. My official weigh in is on Friday. I would love to get down to 160. I have drank all of my water already today and I also got in a 30 minute workout. I have maintained around the same weight since November and I am ready to start losing again.

Good luck everyone. Have a great day!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I slacked off during Christmas break and need to get my butt back in gear!

I'm Karen. I'm 42 (43 at the end of this month). I am married and have two kids - 13 & 9. I have three step-kids and two granddaughters too. I work as a 4th grade teacher. Today was my first day back. As much as I love being home I eat better during the work week.

I am going to be facing a serious lack of time for working out for the next couple of months. We're in the middle of several home improvement projects. Since I work full time, I have to work on them after work. WIth two kids, it's kind of hard to take 30 - 45 minutes on top of the projects. I will be VERY happy when they are finished. Working out makes me feel good, so I'm going to fit it in when I can.

I'm not sure of my current weight. I'm sure I gained over Christmas (we were out of town visiting family), but I'm not weighing myself until Friday.
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Bump! :)

See you tomorrow... My Name is Deneen - I'll fill in the rest tomorrow. Am REALLY looking forward to being BACK! I need to get back to basics... ;)
    Thanks Tamara, Bobbie, et al...
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I hope everyone had a good monday and got all your water in for the day..If its difficult to get it in,drink smaller galss throughout the day,in between bites.

So far we have
    Tamara
    Bobbie
    Mitzi
    Deneen
    Jessica
    Karen

Please also let me know wht do you will be weighing in on..

I hope everyone has a great day and make the most of you, because you choose what kind of day you will have!!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I did not get all my water in yesterday. I only got in 50 oz. I have to figure out a way to bring more water with me to work. The water out of the tap tastes funky in this area.

It was wonderful to be back on track and feeling good yesterday.

The contractor we're using for our home improvement projects is coming back today so hopefully his work will be done soon. We have to put in new floor trim (doing it ourselves) and I have to paint the den so we can put everything back where it belongs. I hate when my house is in disarray! I've tended to be a stress eater so all this disruption and mess is not good for the old diet.

ETA: I weigh myself on Fridays.
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Hi everyone. I did so good yesterday and it felt great. I was under calories and I got a workout in. I woke up this morning and did another workout. I have a love hate relationship with Jillian Michaels. I hate her when I am working out, but love the results later. I have done great on eating so far. I went to the store today and stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies. Tonight we are having healthy tacos with lots of veggies. My husband is eating healthy with me. We are a total healthy household again. it feels great too. I am already looking forward to Friday's weigh in. I hope everyone is doing great today.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I know I am a day late but can I still join the group?!? My name is Nicole and I am 26 and married to a great man! I don't have any children but want to some day and need to feel fit and healthy. And honestly a bikini would be great. I currently weigh 170 but I haven't weighed in since coming home from vegas and a snowboarding trip (where I ate and drank more than I boarded). Does anyone have a preferred date for weigh in, I am trying to decide when I should. My goal is to be down to about 125 which I was about 8 years ago. Thanks
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hi I know I am a day late but can I still join the group?!? My name is Nicole and I am 26 and married to a great man! I don't have any children but want to some day and need to feel fit and healthy. And honestly a bikini would be great. I currently weigh 170 but I haven't weighed in since coming home from vegas and a snowboarding trip (where I ate and drank more than I boarded). Does anyone have a preferred date for weigh in, I am trying to decide when I should. My goal is to be down to about 125 which I was about 8 years ago. Thanks

Welcome Nicole you are always welcome on this team..We each choose when we will weigh in, So farI think we have all said Fridays..But you choose what fits best for you.. Welcome to this team and our challange for this week is to drink 64 oz of water a day, next week we will add something else to do in additon to making sure you drink your water..

Welcome to the team, post often and daily we like to keep up with everyone..

Tamara
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tamara. Sounds good I will also weigh in on Fridays! I love the water challenge. It is definitely making my drink less tea. I find alternating one cup of tea and then 24 oz of water helps make drinking 64 oz easier!!
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Rupi....I hope its not too late to join.

I am 26 years old, and a law student - the long days and nights at uni and work (i work part-time as well) are really killing my healthy lifestyle. I used to work for a weight loss company, and my clients used to be my motivation to keep the weight off...since coming back to school, and being surrrounded by stress all the time, its getting hard to focus. HELP! I'm looking for a group of motivators...you motivate me...i'm here for you :)

Without being aware of this challenge, my self-challenge for the week was to increase water intake :) yay!

Current weight: 147
    Goal Weight is 125.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    HI! My name is Rupi....I hope its not too late to join.

I am 26 years old, and a law student - the long days and nights at uni and work (i work part-time as well) are really killing my healthy lifestyle. I used to work for a weight loss company, and my clients used to be my motivation to keep the weight off...since coming back to school, and being surrrounded by stress all the time, its getting hard to focus. HELP! I'm looking for a group of motivators...you motivate me...i'm here for you :)

Without being aware of this challenge, my self-challenge for the week was to increase water intake :) yay!

Current weight: 147
    Goal Weight is 125.

Rupi welcome to the team, we like to motivate one another so jump in and lets help each other!!
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in =D
  • Risa1955
    Options
    Hi I'm Risa I have 4 kids and 2 grand kids been divorced for years.I am 55 years old. I never get in my water don't like drinking it so this will be a challenge for me.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Risa1955
    Options
    Oh by the way my weigh in is on Saturday
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm Theresa (Tree for short), 35 year-old Mom to three boys and full-time government employee.
    My goals revolve around fitness in general, energy gain and TONING UP! I'm 5,4 and would like to weigh around 120 (126 now), but the weight's secondary to overall fitness and well-being to me.
    The challenge of drinking the 8 cups is a tough one for me...I just can't seem to get more than 7 cups a day, and that's with a lot of effort...but I'm up for the challenge!
    Nice to meet you all...let's go!
    Tree
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello Tamara! I'm definitely in. So ready to get back into the swing of things and back to basics as you stated.

My name is Marcie. I'm 45 years old, married. Mother of four and grandmother of 2 adorable baby girls. I started MFP back in August and it took me a long time just to lose 10 lbs only to be hit by the holidays. Last time I weighed on Dec 3rd I was 145.5. I will weigh in on Friday and adjust my ticker accordingly. I'm sure I have probably gained all the 10 lbs. So ready to start tracking food and excercise again!

Bobbie...thanks for letting me know about this post. Looking forward to meeting alot of new people....to get motivated and motivate others when I can.

Water challenge is good for me. Yay...so happy to get 2011 started on a good note!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Welcome eveeyone we are pleased to have you all
    ..we are gonna have a blast so let's get it rolling..
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome to all the new comers. I am glad to see so many people on here. If we get back to basics and do what we all know how, then we can do this. We are all here for a reason and we will be each others' support system. I have lost over 100 pounds and I know it can be done. I will keep this weight off and I will lose more. I have gotten off to a great start this week and I will continue it tomorrow. Take it one day at a time. Oh and I got all my water in today and then some. For dinner tonight we had healthy tacos. I used lean ground sirloin and then I also addded black beans and onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. They were so good. I was very pleased with how they turned out. My biggest problem is getting in fruits and veggies. So I bought a ton of them when I went to the store today. I love fresh fruits and veggies. I just get tired of the slicing and peeling and all the prep work that goes into them.

Marcie - I am so glad that you are hanging in with us. Thanks for joining the new post. This is the year lady. You can do this. We are still here for you.

Deneen - We are still waiting for you to post on here lady.

Tamara - Thanks for starting a new post for the new year. We got this my friend. Tell Jade and Justin that I said hello and I miss them. Has Amber joined our post?

Have a good night ladies. The hubby is playing a video game and I think I might read for a bit.