Back To basic

Options

Replies

• brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Happy Friday. I had a good weigh in today. I was down 3.5 pounds. Yippee! The scale is my friend again...finally.

Tamara - I am sending tons of love to you today. You will get through today. Stick to the plan and text or call me if you need. i am here for you. Great job on the weigh in today. I knew you would get it to show a loss. We definitely have control.

Amber - Thank you for giving Tamara a hug from me. i am really proud of you for sticking with us and having another great loss. That is so awesome. i miss you too my friend. You will get to the 100 pound mark. I know that you can do it.

Kerry - I hope you feel better. I am sure once you are able to get moving again that you will have a loss next Friday.

I am excited to see how everyone did this week. Good lukc with the weigh ins today!

I am up and at it this morning. I need to clean up the kitchen and then do the bills and check book. After that, I need to get my workout in. Tonight the hubby is taking me to my first hockey game. A couple of his shipmates are going too. I think we are going to try Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight. It is different in the north vs the south. We have not had it since we moved up here and I hope it is yummy. I am really excited about tonight. I have gotten to experience so many new things since moving to the north. Life is amazing right now.

Have a fantastic day everyone. I cannot wait to see how everyone did on thier weigh-ins. Good luck all.
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all,

Sorry I have been MIA from the post the last couple of days. I lost 1.5 lbs this week. Truly amazing seeing how I did not get much cardio in this week! Jillian has kicked my butt!! I did hte DVD 3 days and then was so sore, I stopped and I haven't done it again. I know this is probably so foolish because when I do go back I will be sore all over again!! :angry:

I have really not been good this week with drinking my water or even doing the sit ups. Eating has been good but I did not log much this week!! I don't know how many times I have to hit the RESET button...but here I go again!!

Tamara....I can honestly say I know what you are feeling today. I have been without my dad for the last 13 years and I still think about him everyday and holiday's and especially Father's Day is still hard for me. His b-day is on New Years day, so that is always hard. I do know one thing though anytime I am going thru trials and tribulations I talk to him because I feel he is so close to God and I know he always intercedes for me and somehow things always turn around for him. I also hang on to the hope that we will see him in heaven one day. You hang in there girl!!

DENEEN!!!!!!!!!!!It is so good to see you back!!!!!!!!! I missed you lots! I love reading your post. You hang in there girlie...I know it is tough righ now, but there will be sunny days ahead.

Bobbie....Thank you for just being you...you are a great inspiration and friend! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Jessica....I am sorry to hear of your daughter's diagnosis, but with you in her corner...there is nothing she can't conquer. You stay strong and just keep being the good mommy you are! Glad to see you are on the bike again!

Jena....love your words of wisdom...I also love your new pic....have fun in Vegas!

Amber...there is no doubt in my mind that with Tamara and Bobbie on your side you will reach your weight loss goal...you just hang in there with them and all of us. We are here for each other!

Karen....Hope your renovation project ends soon. You seem to be doing well with your weight loss...hang in there!!

Welcome to all the newcomers!!!

I know I missed a whole bunch of you, but I will learn everyone's name sooner or later. I will look thru the post and send out friend request to all the newbies.

Talk to you all later!!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    thanx for the words marcie you made me smile

Apparently Ive gained 2 lbs somwhere :*( might be from TOM but o well. Gonna kick it into high gear now! My net was off yesterday so got alot of school work to catch my daughter up on and get ready to go shopping when DH gets home so Im not sure about a work out. Maybe tonight while watching super nanny. I just see better results working out during the day then night but nighttime is better then nothing right? I just want the stupid snow to stop so we can go back to walking. Im ready to get back to walking to story time and the playground. Im actually really nervous about story time. We havent gone in a while and Now that my daughters tics are extremely noticeable Im worried about the kids noticing and saying something about it. I wonder if we should break down and talk to her about it. Also super stoked about getting taxes done soon so we can get back to doing swim lessons with the kids and all that. I hate winter lol
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Tamara - I'm sorry for your loss. 5 years ago last Nov. we lost my dad unexpectedly. The first year was extremely tough. It's better now, but I still think of him and miss him every day. I'll be thinking about you today.

Jessica - Kids are often understanding about differences in other kids. I had a Kindergarten student who had a non-Tourette's tic disorder. He had physical twitches that included flailing his arms and rocking. The rest of the class had no reaction - they just took it as normal for that child. I understand your fear, but I hope you are pleasantly surprised at story time. My almost 14 y.o. niece has Tourette's. She's gotten quite good at disguising her tics so they are not as noticeable. I know how hard it is to have a child who faces extra challenges. My daughter has Selective Mutism. Basically, she is extremely shy with adults outside of the family. It's hard to deal with the fact that we can't fix everything for them, as much as we may want to.

I lost 1 lb so I'm back where I was before Christmas. That's a bit discouraging, but I'm not going to let it get to me.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    karen- I really hope the kids dont say anything. Ive been reading alot about teens being able to disguise the tics which is awsome. Right now my daghter (shes 5) has no clue shes doing it. Of course Ill have to let the story time teacher know because her tics can be vocal. Just a small hum and click sound but enough for a non-knowing grown up to ask her to stop. Dr said to ignore it so for now we havent talked to her about it or anything since she doesnt seem to know its there. Your right its hard and as a mom we just wanna fix the problem so they dont have to struggle and thats going to be my biggest challenge, letting her face her problems and dealing wtih it on her own.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    OK I should totally not be sitting here right now with sooooo much to do!! :ohwell: Ok So looks like I lost about a 1/2 lb but it doesn't feel like a true weight:explode: It is so unfair how we women only get about half the month to really see our true weight with TOM lurking arounf the corner I am just not sure, no matter eventually the scale will NOT be able to deny me the truth!! :laugh:
    For me a few days after my cycle starts there is that one morning that I don't feel the water retention and see my true weight Also I have an old school scale which is pretty accurate but I really want another digital scale bad! My almost 3 yr old poured water all over my digital scale a few months ago and it has never worked right since :grumble:

So anywhooo let me wrap this up laundry is calling!

Jessica- You are a great mommy!! :heart:

Tami- I am sorry about your dad :frown: But ya know he wouldn't want you to do anything today that would make you feel bad later so don't over indulge today, Have a beautiful, productive day in HIS Memory!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Marci- PUSH PLAY :tongue:

Deneen- We will need to see you once a day please :tongue: :heart:

Tree- whered ya go?

Hello Traci, Jeanne, Anita, Amber, Jackie, Rupi, Karen and any others I have missed
    This is turning out to be a STRONG group Woo HOO! :laugh:

I have not wanted to say this but it looks like I have to accept I may have hit some sort of plateu already :explode: which tells me I have to shake it up looks like some classes at the gym are in my future. I really do like working out in a class setting but I am still the fat girl in the room and that sucks since I know I am strong under it all, even if the rest of the people there don't know it. Just have to suck it up and go!! They better ask somebody!! :devil:
    Ok Must . Stop. Typing. Laundry. Now.
    Have a great weekend!! I should be in Vegas around 9pm tonight. Hope it's nice there tomorrow!!
    Jena
  • CudyBug
    Options
    jena- I hit a plateau about that time in my weight loss too. It sucked. I think thats when I started to work on during the day instead of at night. and thanx :D
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Ok good morning to everyone. I am glad to say that I have decided that friday would be my splurge day. After I got on the scale yesterday morning and saw that I lost 7lbs, I thought noooo way am I messing that up. I did allow myslef subway last night which I did not know had so many carbs in it. I also went over in my sodium but I also dramk 18 glasses of water. Anyways I really hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Stay focused and eat well.
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. First I want to say congrats to all the losers this week. I am so proud of all of us for taking this journey. We can do this, but we have to stay strong.

Last night I went to my first northern Cracker Barrel and it was yummy. I had one piece of grilled catfish, carrots, green beans, 1 piece of corn bread, and a half order of fries. Then we went to the hockey game. I am not a big sports fan, but I love the concession stands. So bad I know, but what can you do. I actually had fun at the game. We saw a good fight too. We were in the second roww from the ice and it was so nice. The husband had a blast. Anyways I tried not to go over board. I split a bag of cotton candy with the hubby and then we also split a doughball (it is kind of like a funnel cake), and then I had a medium hot cocoa. I got on the scale this morning and I was up 2 pounds. I know that half of that is retention from sodium. I also know that I take my true weight on Friday. I could have done so much worse so I am not worrying about it. I went to my first hockey game and I enjoyed the night with my husband and his buddies. It was a good time.

Now today is a new day. The husband and I got up and we made pancakes together. They were yummy. I couldn't even finish them all. Later I am going to get an hour workout in while the DH practices. I love having 2 floors. He goes upstairss and I take over the living room. I think I am going to let Jillian kick my butt today. I would go to the gym on base, but they are working on the floors. So for now I will do what I can at home. I will be glad when it warms up and I can go for a run outside. I miss my runs so much. I really miss my runs with Tamara and our talk time. Anyways I think we are going to get out and about today. The base shows movies that are out at the theater for free a lot. they get special privileges and it is nice. They are playing the third Narnia movie. I am in the process of reading the books right now. I want to see the movie before I finish the book. The book usually is better and then the movie tends to be a disappointment. I also think that we are going to do a boat tour today. They have a brand new submarine on base and I can go see it with the hubby. I think it is going to be a good day.

Marcie - Thank you so very much. Good job on the 1.5 pound loss. It is a start back in the right direction. Have you heard from Deneen? She keeps coming and going. Get back to doing Jillian. Try to do her every other day. She makes you sore, but she is so worth it.

Jena - A loss is a loss. I hate TOM. I feel like my wieght is off for 3 weeks out of the month. I want to eat everything when I am ovulating and then when I am on my period. Then the week in between I feel so bloated. It is no fun. Have fun visiting your friend in Vegas.

Amber - WTG checking in again today. I am so proud of you. Good for you for seeing results and not letting yourself splurge. You got this my friend.

Tamara - I hope you enjoyed yesterday and got to sleep in this morning. I hope game night was fun too. I have not texted you because I did not want to wake you up. Have a great day girlie. BTW I miss our runs like crazy. I am so ready to run outside again. I enjoy it so much more than inside. I think you need to take a trip up here in the spring and come explore and go running with me. Just saying!

Karen - How are you doing this morning? Are you getting your water in?

Jessica - Great job on doing the bike again. You will see the scale moving again soon. I hope that story time goes well when you take your kids to the library. I agree with you on the warm weather. I am ready to get outside and do some kind of workout. I want to run again. Right now the sidewalks are still covered in snow and we are suppose to gget more tonight and then again on Tuesday. Oh and it is like 14 degrees outside. So frustrating.

Sorry to those that I missed. I hope you all have a great day! I need to get off here and get my day going.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    bobbie- winter here sucks. It snows till april most winters and we get lots of snow. Suppose to get more ugh but I hate it. I need to move somewhere warm!!!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey team, hope all is well just checking in..feeling pretty down today..Told the kids I feel a grumpy day coming on that I was headed back to bed. We shall see... I was fine until about 15 minutes ago, dont know..Today is the actually day a year ago I had to identify my dads body dont know if that has anything to do with it.. But I will check back in later..

Hope everyone else is having a good day.. I should h ave a chart posted tomorrow...send me your weights if you havent already
  • CudyBug
    Options
    Hugs tamara- feel better soon. We all have those poop days sometimes.

Ok ladies I need some advice. My inlaws want everyone to get together at Hometown Buffet for dinner tomorow to welcome back home my BIL (anyone who knows the story knows Im not too thrilled but whatever). So of course Ive tried everything to get outa us all going BUT nothing is working so it looks like Ill have to suck it up and go. I know they really don't want me and my children there but don't wanna look back so they guilt triped my husband by saying his grandma wants to see my kids (she has never shown any interest in them before). Anyways I have no idea what to get. We used to go there ALOT and honestly I dont remember the food being that great and remember running home to the bathroom afterwards and feeling icky so Im trying to stay away from it but I dont wanna not eat and Ill need to eat dinner anyways. So any suggestions on a course of action plan lol. I do plan on keeping breakfast and lunch tomorow super light to save up calories incase I end up splurging alittle.
  • Risa1955
    Options
    Tamara I hope you are feeling better.It is probably your Dads memories I know every time I pass by where my brother passed away I get a sick feeling in my stomach.
    I lost .6 of a lb this week not bad when I layed around all week because of a sprang ankle. Going to start slow but going to try and get in a little walking this week, ankle is still sore
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Tamara I hope that today is a better day. I am sorry you had to go through that believe me I know how bad it really hurts. I wish you would have told me what the problem really was when we were talking. You need to talk about it more, and I do not mind listening. I love you my friend.

Cudybug- Ok I have to admit I do not know the story with the bil and the family but I say don't let anybody guilt you into eating or involving you or your children in anythin you are not comfortable with. I say screw them and take care of yourself babe. Honestly not trying ot sound ugly I have just been in the guilt circle myself and remember how unhappy I was letting people make me. Don't wanna see you go through that.
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Good morning everyone, just wanted to check in and see how everyone was today. Hope you are all having a good weekend!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good Morning Team..I am feeeling much better today after the much needed sleep I got yesterday,,I did finally snap outta my funk..Still dont know what the real issue was, but oh so glad its gone.. I already ate my oatmeal and apple and peanut butter, that is my favorite...Gonna make more whole wheat orange cranberry muffins ina few minutes, then make the rest of my eggrolls for everyone today..

I will get a chart up after I get back from the gym..I gotta get my baking done before hand.. So everyone have an awesome sunday.. Will post our new challange tomorrow, bright and early at 330 am.. Have a blessed day..
  • CudyBug
    Options
    everyone siad they couldnt do dinner so no going yay lol I wasnt so much guilted into it but DH, though I think part of him wants to believe that his gma really wants to see the kids. Im not so fooled by those people but Ig uess its easier to see through people when they aren't your own family. Sucks but it is what it is right. YAY I dont have to go but DH has to go to his dads house for a dinner though. 3 years ago after my son was born we made the discission that his dad was not aloud in our kids lives so yay I dont gotta go hehe
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am having a rough weekend. All i have wanted to do is eat eat eat and I have been giving in. Last night we went to a sushi place and they have an all you can eat sushi menu. The DH and I love sushi! It was so good. We both have been craving it and when I am pregnant we won't be ale to have it very often and then I will have to be super careful about the rolls that I have. So I had bad food Friday and I had bad food yesterday. I am probably going to have bad food again today. I think we are ordering pizza. I even had a dream about cupcakes last night and woke up wanting cupcakes. Cupcakes are my favorite, but there are no bakeries around here. I could make some from scratch, but I don't want them that bad. But seriously who dreams about cupcakes? This girl does. God what is my problem! All I want to do is eat eat eat and I am giving in. I have a headache today. I am bundled up and still freezing cold. I keep getting a nasueas feeling, but when I eat it goes away. I think that might be why I am wanting to eat. I am just screwing myself all up this weekend. Oh and my knee is popping in and out of place so there will be no workout for me today. Plus my body is exhausted and needs a day off. Fingers crossed that this crummy feeling passes and that I start feeling better soon.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I will check back in later or tomorrow. It all depends on my mood.
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am having a rough weekend. All i have wanted to do is eat eat eat and I have been giving in. Last night we went to a sushi place and they have an all you can eat sushi menu. The DH and I love sushi! It was so good. We both have been craving it and when I am pregnant we won't be ale to have it very often and then I will have to be super careful about the rolls that I have. So I had bad food Friday and I had bad food yesterday. I am probably going to have bad food again today. I think we are ordering pizza. I even had a dream about cupcakes last night and woke up wanting cupcakes. Cupcakes are my favorite, but there are no bakeries around here. I could make some from scratch, but I don't want them that bad. But seriously who dreams about cupcakes? This girl does. God what is my problem! All I want to do is eat eat eat and I am giving in. I have a headache today. I am bundled up and still freezing cold. I keep getting a nasueas feeling, but when I eat it goes away. I think that might be why I am wanting to eat. I am just screwing myself all up this weekend. Oh and my knee is popping in and out of place so there will be no workout for me today. Plus my body is exhausted and needs a day off. Fingers crossed that this crummy feeling passes and that I start feeling better soon.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I will check back in later or tomorrow. It all depends on my mood.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hey everyone having fun baking with amber promise will have chart up in the morning or by mid afternoon.. On tomorrow morning I promise I will post our new challange..

I am having an awesome day I know I have enjoyed today!!