Back To basic

Options

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    ok so 1st post holiday weigh in up 1.5 lbs from my lowest weight so no too bad. I will be going back to work monday, at the same weight I left so thats cool, I maintained through less exercise and all the cookies, candys, cheesecake ok ok ok STOP See ya next holiday season, you delicious little devils!
    Next friday I have my annual physical so I will post my weigh in after that. NOT going to say I am looking forward to going back to work:noway: but I am looking forward to getting my routine back together. (I have been off work for 3 weeks now)

Thought I would share an idea with you all... one of my mfp friends said she scheduled all her workouts for herself for the next month or so. Which in itself is a great idea, I told her she should charge herself $20 (well whatever amount) for any missed "appointments" then at the end of the year what ever $ she has in the "bank" take it to a personal trainer. What do you think? I think it is only natural to be extra ambitious after new years and we want to work out more days than not in a week, for us moms sticking to a workout schedule can bne VERY hard but I still like the idea that she has to schedule her workouts and I like my idea too. Anyone else "scheduling" their workouts? I know I MUST start getting my *kitten* to the gym so I would love to sit here and say I am going to the gym 3 days a week but I KNOW it won't happen, at least not yet, so I am going to plan on for now starting next week, to make it there RIGHT after work 1 day a week and go from there. fyi for those of you who don't "know" me yet I have an elliptical at home so don't worry i still workout many days a week but I need to start using weights which I don't have at home yet so off to the gym I go. I pay them every month and never go!:grumble: Big changes little steps! :tongue:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Monring team have a fun day planned, spending time with family which matters most.. Have food packed have my scale packed, I am drinking my coffee now... Fixin to head out gott stop at store to get a few extra thing that I ran outta for the week.

Had a fun night last night ate cicis pizza with family then was suppost to have menchies ( which is frozewn yogurt that they have like 40 different topping like cany bars cookies, you name it, after eating pizza I passed on menchies) super proud of that becasue thats my favorite.. The last few friday have been an allout ogrge day due to hoildays, nope not yesterday I was in control and will be all week.. So I am pretty proud of that.. Then Amber and her family came over we played kinetic dance and fitness game, talk about fun oh yeah we also played killer bunnines, yeah thats a whole new game..

Everyone make sure you send me your weights plan on getting a board up tomorrow and starting new challange on monday.. will give ya'individual shout outs later I am running behind right now..

Gotta go have an awesome day because we choose what weput in our mouth we choose how are day is gonna go.. Be postiive
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I woke up to 6 inches of beautiful snow on the ground this morning. It is so peaceful and serene outside. I had a good Friday. I was in control all day and Friday I usually have a little splurge. I think I am going to have a little splurge today. I made french toast and bacon for breakfast this morning. I used spray butter and sugar free blueberry syrup. It was so yummy and only 415 calories. I have some errands to do today. The hubby and I both need a haircut. I have to take my wedding ring to get fixed. The diamonds in my band are loose and I need to get them fixed. I am sad that I will be without my ring for 2 weeks, but I need to get it fixed to keep it under warranty. Then the hubby and I are going to do lunch at Applebee's. They have a couple new items on the under 550 calories menu and they look yummy. Tonight for dinner it will be grilled fish and veggies. It is going to be another great day. Oh and I have 16 more ounces of water to drink and then I have gotten my intake for the day.

I am glad to see all the positivity on this post. We can do this everyone.

Marcie - You have to push through the soreness. No pain no gain. Jillian's dvd will give you fantastic results. Your muscles will also get stronger the more you do it. I am so proud that you are hanging in with us and have a positive attitude about the gain. Now it is time to stay positive and get that right back off.

Tamara - I am so proud of you for passing on menchies. I know how much you love it. You are so in control. Keep up the great work my bestest.

Jena - I think that is a great idea about scheduling the workouts. If you are on time restraints and need a schedule to stick to then do it. I also think you could put the money you have at the end of the year towards smaller clothes! =) Keep working that eliptical. If you can't get to the gym, then get some 3 or 5 pound hand weights. I use them when I do my Jillian videos and I love it. I also have 2 pound hand weights that I use when I do the Leslie walk at home videos.

Jessica - I am glad that you can get back to routine this week. Dust off that bike and show us a loss next week. I know you can do it.

Risa - If you don't like the water taste then add some crystal light. Do one bottle of regular water and then do a bottle with crystal light. That way you have some flavor and it will not be so gross for you.

Nicole - I wish that I has some tips for running outside. I prefer running outside instead of inside, but my chest and lungs cannot handle the cold air. If you find out some good tips, then please let me know.

I hope that everyone has a great day. I know I am going to. I think a snow ball fight needs to be in my plan today too. =)
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    All I can say is its pretty sad when you call a take out place and they know your name and address before you even tell them ...that pretty much sums up my day :( but tomorrow is a new day :laugh: .... I hate January; possibly the second most stressful month of the year for me after june...two words sum it up: a) essays, b) exams!

Looking forward to january 17th when I will be free of both of them (until february :))!!!!!

Have a great week everyone; knowing the time constraints for this week, I may not be able to catch up with you all until friday.

xoxoxoox

rupi
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Busy day my friends but oh so fun, will poat more later way to tired and have friends over playing games!!
  • Risa1955
    Options
    Ok getting my last glass of water in for today . I lost 1 lb I weighed in this morning. I'm happy with one lb down for a stsrt. I hope everyone else is doing good with their water and weight loss. Have a good night:smile:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Will check back later have a busy and exciting day planned will try to get weight loss chart up this afternoon after gym time..
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Another busy day for me. We went to an Army All American game earlier. My son's middle school band was playing for one of the teams. I don't know much about football, so I was kind of dreading it. But it turned out to be fun.

Now we're going to work on putting the den back together. We had a new floor put in, so we painted the walls and replaced the floor trim. Soooo not looking forward to working all day again tomorrow. I need some time to just relax. My dh is super focused on getting this done. I think I need to rein him in a bit before the stress totally gets to me.

I hope everyone has a good day today!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hello Back to Basic Team as I said after gym time I would try to get something up..If I have no report from you, you personally didnt email, Its hard for me to keep up lost weights on the chat board because there is so many post..So please send me one when you do next friday by email.. I hope ya'll had a great week..If we showed a gain I am not gonna post it, I will just post starting weight =SW. As we all know it was from New Years, but now that we are all on board and ready to this train, we become loser from here on out... If we have an occasional gain, its ok everyone does.. So I will try to keep this plain and simple..Let me know if everyone can read it.. Thanks

SW= Starting Weights
    CW= Current weight

Familygirl37167=Tamara........................................CW 135.2.................................GW 130.0....
    Kincar=Karen............................................................. No report
    tcox69=Tanya.............................................................CW 274......................................GW 170
    Mitzi= Mitzi....................................................................CW 278......................................GW 150
    Strybrt=Amber..............................................................Loss of 6 pounds
    RIsa=Risa....................................................................Loss of 1 pound
    Cudybug=Jessica......................................................No Report
    Rupi=Rupi...................................................................CW 147.........................................GW 125..........loss of 1.5 pounds
    MNLopez=Marice.......................................................CW 150.5.......................................GW 125
    DHiggins=Don...........................................................No Report
    Mrs.Barnes=Jena......................................................No Report
    Brashear24_20........................................................CW 183..............................................GW 165-160 ......loss of 5 pounds
    Addiograsso=Deneen.............................................No Report
    NicoleL83=Nicole.....................................................169.2..................................................GW???/..............loss of .8
    Sayurin1=???.............................................................No Report
    Treekins=Teresa.......................................................No Report

Ok I hope this is good for everyone..Good Job to all our loser!!! Everyone on this team is awesome and we know how to do this and if we dont know how to do something ask, thats what we are here for.. To support each other.. I hope all of ya'll enjoyed the water challange this week, I hope you keep it up on your own, we are gonna have an exercise challange starting tomorrow.. We just need to move our bodys a little, every little bit helps.. Ya;ll stay strongs and like I said were awesome and with great mind power we can control what our minds want and do.. Have an awesome sunday ya'll!! I know I will

I got 70 minutes of cardio in this after noon and lifted for an hour with personal trainer.. So I am pretty excited.. I have decided to let my body work for me.. I am gonna tone down the gym a little twice a day is a bit much and it takes to much time away from what the most important...my family!!!

Have an awesome day!!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hello Back to Basic Team as I said after gym time I would try to get something up..If I have no report from you, you personally didnt email, Its hard for me to keep up lost weights on the chat board because there is so many post..So please send me one when you do next friday by email.. I hope ya'll had a great week..If we showed a gain I am not gonna post it, I will just post starting weight =SW. As we all know it was from New Years, but now that we are all on board and ready to this train, we become loser from here on out... If we have an occasional gain, its ok everyone does.. So I will try to keep this plain and simple..Let me know if everyone can read it.. Thanks

SW= Starting Weights
    CW= Current weight

Familygirl37167=Tamara........................................CW 135.2.................................GW 130.0....
    Kincar=Karen............................................................. No report
    tcox69=Tanya.............................................................CW 274......................................GW 170
    Mitzi= Mitzi....................................................................CW 278......................................GW 150
    Strybrt=Amber..............................................................Loss of 6 pounds
    RIsa=Risa....................................................................Loss of 1 pound
    Cudybug=Jessica......................................................No Report
    Rupi=Rupi...................................................................CW 147.........................................GW 125..........loss of 1.5 pounds
    MNLopez=Marice.......................................................CW 150.5.......................................GW 125
    DHiggins=Don...........................................................No Report
    Mrs.Barnes=Jena......................................................No Report
    Brashear24_20........................................................CW 183..............................................GW 165-160 ......loss of 5 pounds
    Addiograsso=Deneen.............................................No Report
    NicoleL83=Nicole.....................................................169.2..................................................GW???/..............loss of .8
    Sayurin1=???.............................................................No Report
    Treekins=Teresa.......................................................No Report

Ok I hope this is good for everyone..Good Job to all our loser!!! Everyone on this team is awesome and we know how to do this and if we dont know how to do something ask, thats what we are here for.. To support each other.. I hope all of ya'll enjoyed the water challange this week, I hope you keep it up on your own, we are gonna have an exercise challange starting tomorrow.. We just need to move our bodys a little, every little bit helps.. Ya;ll stay strongs and like I said were awesome and with great mind power we can control what our minds want and do.. Have an awesome sunday ya'll!! I know I will

I got 70 minutes of cardio in this after noon and lifted for an hour with personal trainer.. So I am pretty excited.. I have decided to let my body work for me.. I am gonna tone down the gym a little twice a day is a bit much and it takes to much time away from what the most important...my family!!!

Have an awesome day!!!
    awwww I sent you a PM friday afternoon, I'll send another just so you have my stats. :flowerforyou:
    Well my 23 days of fantasy housewife is coming to an end :sad: In fact I should have went to bed hours ago! So I may be pretty busy tomorrow, I work at a community college in the admissions office so I know it is going to be pretty hectic as we are now in "registration" for spring semester. On the upside though my walking buddy who was gone the last 6 weeks of the year will be back! I usually get anywhere from 30-60 mins of walking in while I am at work and we are incorportaing stairs now too. The parking garage that we walk right past to go for a walk is 4 floors and a killer if you are trying to hurry on up and down so I am happy:ohwell: to torture myself throughout the day! :tongue:
    have a great week!! :flowerforyou:
    Jena
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I was a busy bee this weekend and did not have time to log on to MFP. My 10 year old crossed over into Boy Scouting and we had a ceremony on Saturday. Sunday was just busy catching up with house cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry. Oh an going to church of course.

I got no cardio in this weekend, which I was not happy about. My legs were extremely sore, but they are better today. I plan on getting back to it today. Hopefully I will see a loss on Friday.

TTFN! Got to run!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I got some cardio in shoveling snow so thats a plus. Not to bad eating. Im feeling better about getting back on track. Im hoping to dust off my bike today after lunch. I WILL have a loss this friday darn it!
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Did I miss it? What is our challenge for this week?
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    No Marcie I am just now posting sorry snow threw me behind..

Our challange this week is an exericse challange..

30 sit ups a day.. In addition to drinking your water and what ever exercise you have incorpated for that day, these are extra..

Sorry Kids are outta school, gym didnt open until 8 instead of 5 so I am running a few hours behind, now I gotta get kids into cleaning and then out to have a snow ball fight..wish is luck..

I ran 6.1 miles today on treadmil in 63 minutes plus did 10 ,minutes of crossramp trainer to warm up then lifted and stretched with personal trainer, so so far today I am off to an awesome start, fixin to get in and start cleaning house..

Have an awesome day!!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning everyone. The chart looks great Tamara. Great job.

We had a great weekend. We both told our parents that we are trying to have a baby. So they all know and it feels good that they know, but I hope it doesn't put any stress on us. I had a check-up with the gyno on Friday and all looks good. Saturday we went shopping and I bought some stuff from Fredrick's. The husband is in heaven. lol Sunday we played in the snow and we built a snowman and had a snow fight. It was so much fun.

I got up and cleaned the house and then I got a workout in. Now I am waiting for the husband to come home for lunch. After that, I am treating myself to a mani/pedi that I need so badly. I am also going to run to the store. I am trying to figure out what I want to make for dinner tonight.

Tamara - Great job on the workouts girl.

Marcie - It sounds like you were busy. Get back to the workouts this week. I am glad your legs are feeling better. Sometimes your body needs a little bit of rest.

Jessica - You better dust off the bike. Your scale has not moved in way too long. We need to get it moving again.

Jena - I am sorry that you have to go back to work. I am enjoying being a house wife. The hubby said he would work two jobs if he has to so that I can stay home. I am going to start looking for a job soon. I just need it to stop snowing. Neither one of our cars are 4X4 and I don't want to start a job on the wrong foot. I am going to start looking by the end of the month...I think.

I hope everyone is off to a great start this week. I have gotten all my water in. Now I just need to do my sit-ups. have a great day everyone.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! You are all such an inspiration! My name is Kerry and I'd like to lose about 50 pounds...maybe more but I'll see when I get there. I am 223 now and have set a goal for 175, however for my height it says I need to be 159 at the max. I just wanted to set a smaller goal so it didn't seem so overwhelming.

My weigh in day is on Monday...hope it's not too late to join!

Thanks for a great thread!:smile:
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge this week!!!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kerry!

Tamara - Doing sit ups is a good challenge for me. I hate doing them, so this will push me. Way to go on those workouts!

Jena - Sorry you have to go back to work. Being home sure is nice!

Bobbie - How exciting that you guys are trying for a baby! Good luck on your job hunt.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! You are all such an inspiration! My name is Kerry and I'd like to lose about 50 pounds...maybe more but I'll see when I get there. I am 223 now and have set a goal for 175, however for my height it says I need to be 159 at the max. I just wanted to set a smaller goal so it didn't seem so overwhelming.

My weigh in day is on Monday...hope it's not too late to join!

Thanks for a great thread!:smile:

Kerry welcome to the team, make sure that you add us as your friends and then on friday send me a personally message how how much you lost of gained and if you made your goals this week..Our challange last week was to drink 64 oz of water and this week along with drinking are water we are doing 30 sit up, in additon to what you are already doing, if your currently not doing anything..do something move...park further away from the store doors take the stairs instead of the elevator.. This is your challange make the most outta it to get result..Welcome to the team again..When you are having a bad day we are here to help you up and when we are having a day day we post here to be lifted up.. thats what this team is all about!!! Ready set go!!!

Oh yeah most of the team weighs in on friday but choose what day is best for you and as long as your have your loss/gain to me by sat I put the charts up usually by sunday afternoon.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome everyone. I did weigh in today but I think I'm going to change my weigh in day to Friday so I can be on the same page as everyone else. Looking forward to this journey.