Back To basic

Options

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!

Marcie - I'll be adjusting my ticker on Friday too. Not looking forward to it. I'm hoping it's not too bad.

I had another really good day today, and I feel great! I got my water in too!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hey Tamara as you already know my name is Amber. I am trying this weight lose journey once again. I know what needs to be done and I am ready to do it. I would love to be apart of your back to basics since that is pretty much sums it up for me. I am starting over but that is okay at least I am back in the game. I know I can do the water thing since I really do love water. I am sure that I will talk to you tomorrow. I am looking forward to meeting new people on here and finding support but also to be supportive as well. Can't wait to see what you have planned for us next week
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning our back to basic little team,, I am excited that everyone is here and ready to to this for them , for the right reason, putting themselves first.. Welcome all the new ones.. If everyone will please send me there weight (if they want ) or how much they lost and one goal a piece they wanna work on for the following week then I will keep a tracker and have a log posted by Sunday evening..

Get to moving, I am not saying you have to be part of a gym or anything but park further away from your car at the store, take the stairs instead of elevator, small steps my friends and the most water you drink the more you will flush the tozxians out of your body..

I am off to eat my oatmeal, hope everyone has a blessed day and keep your head up this is a long hard journey with bumps in the road but one oh so worth taking..
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I swear I am late to everything!! :noway: I definately need to get back to basics!! I am still on vacation until the 10th. I love being home I am a total homebody but for the purpose of weight loss I need the structure of work hours but I am in no way rushing father time!! :tongue:

So Hi Tami Marcie DENEEN Bobbie and the rest of you hello nice to meet you! My name is Jena (pronounced Gina) I am fast approaching 39 so 2011 is it!! I Will Be Fit By Forty Damnit!! :bigsmile: I have 3 daughters ages 15, 10 and almost 3. Also 2 -12 yr old step-sons. We live in Southern Cali., I work full time and am a cali commuter.
    My weapon of choice is the Elliptical! I used to avoid that thing for years I said I can't do THAT! Well I CAN! I can easily knock out 90 mins IF I am left alone but uh yeah did I mention I have kids!? :ohwell: my cousin gave me one so it is in the living room and I am a late night exerciser, you know after they are all asleep ahhhh.... I also have a hubby who is all fit and muscular and stuff and I just want to match him!! We are already VERY different in appearece you may have noticed, but I dont care about that I don't want to be the lady who people say why is HE with HER? I mean besides the fact that I am witty and funny and highly intelligent:tongue::wink: Well I am sure you get what I mean....
    I have decided to stick with Fridays for weigh in day as well. I was UP 4 lbs from the blasted holidays but its all good I am working on it now. I am ready to do this THIS YEAR!! :drinker:
    Jena
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

First day back was so-so...too close for comfort. Felt good this morning thou knowing that I am back on track. Today I will make it a better one!! Need to go grab my water now...getting a late start on it this morning, but no doubt will reach my water drinking goal today!!

Will check in later. TTFN!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Hey everyone. Bobbie here. I had a great day yesterday and I am having another one today. I got an hour workout in today and I have logged all my calories for today. I have already drank all my water too. I usually drink more than enough water every day. Tonight for dinner I am making a grilled chicken salad with lots of fresh veggies. I am using fresh mushrooms, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, celery, tomatoes, green peppers, and chicken. I am also adding fresh pineapples, apples, and raisins. I am excited about it. I love shopping at the commissary on the base. They have fresh produce and it is so good and cheap. I got a fresh pineapple for a buck. I love it.

Tamara - My starting weight was 289. I am weighing on Friday and will give you my current weight. My new goal weight is 160 - 165. My workout goal is a minimum of 4 workouts a week.

Jena - Better late than never. I am glad to see that you joined the post.

Marcie - It will get easier every day as you get back to it. Hang in there my friend.

I hope everyone else is still doing well and having a great day. TTYL
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Still having a good day so far!! Went out at lunch to buy my son who is in Afghanistan some Under Armour items he requested and guess what?????????? I swear this was put right in my face for me to get!!! I saw the Jillian Michaels 30 days shred DVD and I just had to buy it!! After hearing some of the ladies here talk about this DVD....I decided I was going to try it. So hopefully, fingers crossed, starting tomorrow morning between 5am-6am I am going to start it up! You all wish me luck, it is really hard for me to workout that early in the morning...I would much rather curl up under a blanket on the couch, watch the news and drink my coffee. Butttttttttttt.....this is a new year....I need to do this for MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :happy:

Oh and I also got a 35 minute walk in after I got back! The weather is really nice here today...about 72 degrees...so I was able to go outside.

Talk to you all later!!
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today is going pretty well. My method alternating a cup of tea with 3 cups of water seems to be helping. I love this challenge because I am meeting it!! Its is always nice to start a new goal and succeed the first week. I am having trouble be motivated to work out. I want to start running again but I am restricted to until about 3 weeks ago I had a broken ankle and currently have an arm injury (nothing serious just can't put my full weight on it). But on the plus side I am very excited for my supper tonight. I am trying for the first time spaghetti squash!! Hopefully it goes well. I am going to try and do some sit ups and arm work while the squash is roasting.
    Does anyone have opinions about working out while watching TV?
    Have a great Wednesday everyone
  • tcox69
    tcox69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If I am able to, I would like to joing as well. I am 41 and have been married for 11 years. I have a step son who is 15 and son who will be 8 soon. I go up and down in my weight. I have lived in CT for 20 years. I currently weigh 274 and want to go down to 170. I will weigh in on Fridays as well.

Thanks
    Tanya
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Marcie - Good for you on getting up early to exercise! That would be the best time for me right now, but I don't know if I can get myself up out of bed earlier to work out. I'm soooo not a morning person.

Jena and Tanay - Welcome!

Food wise, my day is going great. I forgot my bottle of water at home, though. Bummer! I'll have a lot of water to drink when I get home.

Last week, when I was enjoying too much good food and relaxing on vacation, I wasn't 100% confident my motivation would come back. But now it's day 3 and I feel awesome. What a relief!
  • Risa1955
    Options
    Have been drinking water all day so I will get in my 64 oz of water. I feel like a fish I have drank so much. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    hey Im just lurking cuz I have nothing exciting to report hehe. I am alittle mad cuz MFP reset my days in a row logged in for some reason. I didnt miss any days so maybe its the new year?
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Got in all my water today....but was running back and forth from the washroom hahahah :)
    And, recently started teaching myself belly dancing so I worked out with a dvd for about 30 mins!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing pretty awesome with there water.. Get it in when you can and run faster to the restroom when you can..

I love this site..

welcome tanya I will have to get a list in order by friday if everyone can please send me a private mesage with your weight loss and goals met so I can get the list corrrect..

My son and I just got back from spin class.. I love me so spin..

Ok well you know by bedtime is right around the corner in bed by 7-730 a sleep usually by 8 up always at 3 am.. so goodnight my fine fellows
  • MNLopez
    Options
    Couldn't wait til tomorrow morning to start the 30 day shred dvd, so I did my first day of level 1 tonight. I surprisingly made it thru the whole thing....almost was giving up at the end, but made it! I am sure I will be sore in the morning, but I will see if I can go for it again!!

Water challenge met for today, under calorie goal and full of cardio....I feel good right now!!

Good night ladies. Welcome to all the newcomers! Jump right in! Can't wait to start celebrating our accomplishments!!
  • rupi123
    Options
  • rupi123
    Options
    Couldn't wait til tomorrow morning to start the 30 day shred dvd, so I did my first day of level 1 tonight. I surprisingly made it thru the whole thing....almost was giving up at the end, but made it! I am sure I will be sore in the morning, but I will see if I can go for it again!!

Water challenge met for today, under calorie goal and full of cardio....I feel good right now!!

Good night ladies. Welcome to all the newcomers! Jump right in! Can't wait to start celebrating our accomplishments!!

I've been reading so much about this DVD, so I ordered it today :)
    How are you finding it so far??? How long is it exactly?? The workouts, I mean
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ok drank all my water today plus some and I am doing pretty good on this plan so far
  • Jena_72
    Options

great job Marcie maybe I will dust her(jillian m.) off tommorow!! :tongue:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    30 day shred is a great workout anytime you need a quick workout. Even if you don't do it 30 days in a row it is definately worth having in your collection of all things exercise! :happy: