How much will i lose if i only eat

Options

Replies

• BacktoSam
    Options
    If you stick to the calories that MFP tells you to eat, and use the calories on healthy foods you will lose weight. I remember being 14-15 and thinking just like you are, but I never lost all the weight I wanted. I would be able to eat the 500 calories a day for a little while and then I would end up over eating, and gain back what I lost.

Keep eating your salads, but also eat lean proteins, whole grains and dairy and drink plenty of water. The weight will come off and you will definitely get healthier!
  • hubbardmm
    hubbardmm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Guys, we need to be reporting these people who are underage and trying to starve themselves. They should not be on here getting ideas on how to starve themselves further. It's not healthy, and they need to be getting advice from professionals, not us.

Couldn't agree more! (sending you a friend request)

To the original poster: your only 14 (1) its great you want to be healthy but you NEED to eat healthy - not starve yourself! Exercise is also a key. (2) 40-50 lbs. in your picture that would make you bones, do you really want that? (3) you are starving yourself, you will end up very very sick (4) you are going to be hitting puberty soon and getting taller and from the looks of it be even smaller than what you are.
    i hit puberty when i was like 10 or 11 and my brother is 19 and hes only 3 inches taller than we my birth mom from what i know from my brother was short and we have no idea about my father or who he is for that matter the person on my birth ticket was wrong so yeah im pretty much done growing tall my doctor said i wont get much taller sadly but the only thing that will be changing for me any time soon is my bodys way to heal im a little past the in-between stage he says more more of an adult
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    If you stick to the calories that MFP tells you to eat, and use the calories on healthy foods you will lose weight. I remember being 14-15 and thinking just like you are, but I never lost all the weight I wanted. I would be able to eat the 500 calories a day for a little while and then I would end up over eating, and gain back what I lost.

Keep eating your salads, but also eat lean proteins, whole grains and dairy and drink plenty of water. The weight will come off and you will definitely get healthier!
    i eat these mini burgers ( check my food thingy )
  • BacktoSam
    Options

I can't see your diary, it may be private or only available to be seen by your friends. Are the the weight watcher's smart one's? My only concern with you always eating those is that the sodium in them is really high. You are much better off making your own burgers, or doing grilled chicken in your salad and a whole wheat roll or something on the side.
  • christalafarlette
    Options
    Yes. Or they can be lines where the pink of the nail is. That is an indication of nutrient loss. You have to give your body more nutrients...!
    Many of the boys at my school growing up went to the weight room after school and lifted with whatever coach was around--and then went home. Maybe that is an option.

Another story: my son Mitch is now 6 feet tall, 20 years old and serving in the Army as a reservist. At 14 he could be your blonde twin. You can see pictures of him on my facebook (search my user name with a space between christa and lafarlette) and see the potential. You are wonderfully made.

Right now though, get those nutrients in! I am assuming you have those white spots? Protein shakes, grilled chicken on your salad, and two snacks you can keep in your locker or backpack--think granola bar, apple, orange, banana, or something easy to munch on your 5 minutes to the next class.

You are on the site, so USE it. Find out what foods will fuel your body, not just feed it. Then move forward--okay, hit me with another question--I'm ready.

Oh, on weights: for examples you can use the exercise tutorials here. And shoot for 5 sets (times you do the exercise); 12 reps (number of exercise in each set); and a weight that will make you sweat after your second set.
  • hubbardmm
    Options

I can't see your diary, it may be private or only available to be seen by your friends. Are the the weight watcher's smart one's? My only concern with you always eating those is that the sodium in them is really high. You are much better off making your own burgers, or doing grilled chicken in your salad and a whole wheat roll or something on the side.
    yea their the weight watcher ones and really !?
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    Yes. Or they can be lines where the pink of the nail is. That is an indication of nutrient loss. You have to give your body more nutrients...!
    Many of the boys at my school growing up went to the weight room after school and lifted with whatever coach was around--and then went home. Maybe that is an option.

Another story: my son Mitch is now 6 feet tall, 20 years old and serving in the Army as a reservist. At 14 he could be your blonde twin. You can see pictures of him on my facebook (search my user name with a space between christa and lafarlette) and see the potential. You are wonderfully made.

Right now though, get those nutrients in! I am assuming you have those white spots? Protein shakes, grilled chicken on your salad, and two snacks you can keep in your locker or backpack--think granola bar, apple, orange, banana, or something easy to munch on your 5 minutes to the next class.

You are on the site, so USE it. Find out what foods will fuel your body, not just feed it. Then move forward--okay, hit me with another question--I'm ready.

Oh, on weights: for examples you can use the exercise tutorials here. And shoot for 5 sets (times you do the exercise); 12 reps (number of exercise in each set); and a weight that will make you sweat after your second set.
    i have a few of them on some ails and every one has those pink things isnt that where the nail grows out of
  • BacktoSam
    Options

yea their the weight watcher ones and really !?

Yep, the sodium is usually pretty high in all processed foods. If you want I can message you lots of food ideas. My husband is in the Air Force and recently lost a bit of weight for his fitness test (the healthy way), so I have lots of guy friendly foods :)
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you are 40-50 lbs over weight and your BMI is above the limit, your doctor should be advising you OR referring you to a nutritionist. If not, ask for one. As a lot of others have told you tonight, make healthy choices (lettuce is not a healthy choice alone). Be sure you're eating all kinds of foods (follow the rule of less than 5 ingredients - I think it's 5, the point is to keep it natural). Add more veggies, fruits and lean meats (like chicken and fish - not fish sticks, they don't count). At your age calcium is huge for your development, be sure to drink milk, eat low fat cheese or yogurt (not ice cream ;0) I would also suggest that at the very least you talk with your school guidance counselor about how you're feeling. From what you've said on MFP, I'm concerned you might need a little more guidance or some one to talk to about why you feel this way. Side note, there are some really good multi vitamins for teens on the market, I would encourage you to find a good multi to help your body recover from what you are doing at this time. I know you don't feel like you are starving, but at 800 calories, you are starving your body from what it needs, as a result, long term starvation can do serious organ damage. So, to add to my previous comment, watch the TYPES of food you eat and add some activity to your day. Maybe you have a friend, sister, mom or dad who would love to spend some extra time with you....walking or excercising is a great way to spend time together. I hope you take to heart what the members of MFP have offered you, everyone who's commented cares about your well-being and wants to you to make your journey in a healthy way. Know that you are beautiful, and smart, and that you are the world to someone. If you need someone to talk to, please check out this link Help@ConnectionHelpline.org or find a service in your area. Sending nothing but the best of wishes and prayers your way!
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    If you are 40-50 lbs over weight and your BMI is above the limit, your doctor should be advising you OR referring you to a nutritionist. If not, ask for one. As a lot of others have told you tonight, make healthy choices (lettuce is not a healthy choice alone). Be sure you're eating all kinds of foods (follow the rule of less than 5 ingredients - I think it's 5, the point is to keep it natural). Add more veggies, fruits and lean meats (like chicken and fish - not fish sticks, they don't count). At your age calcium is huge for your development, be sure to drink milk, eat low fat cheese or yogurt (not ice cream ;0) I would also suggest that at the very least you talk with your school guidance counselor about how you're feeling. From what you've said on MFP, I'm concerned you might need a little more guidance or some one to talk to about why you feel this way. Side note, there are some really good multi vitamins for teens on the market, I would encourage you to find a good multi to help your body recover from what you are doing at this time. I know you don't feel like you are starving, but at 800 calories, you are starving your body from what it needs, as a result, long term starvation can do serious organ damage. So, to add to my previous comment, watch the TYPES of food you eat and add some activity to your day. Maybe you have a friend, sister, mom or dad who would love to spend some extra time with you....walking or excercising is a great way to spend time together. I hope you take to heart what the members of MFP have offered you, everyone who's commented cares about your well-being and wants to you to make your journey in a healthy way. Know that you are beautiful, and smart, and that you are the world to someone. If you need someone to talk to, please check out this link Help@ConnectionHelpline.org or find a service in your area. Sending nothing but the best of wishes and prayers your way!
    my school has nothing to offer i told about a person not eating they didnt do ANYTHING and my doctor says nothing about my weight but the lady that checks my weigh just frowns doesnt tell me anything
  • Myschelle
    Options
    my school has nothing to offer i told about a person not eating they didnt do ANYTHING and my doctor says nothing about my weight but the lady that checks my weigh just frowns doesnt tell me anything

What about your parents? Aunts/Uncles? Sister/Brother? Friends or their parents? Just please remember to take care of yourself.
  • hubbardmm
    Options

What about your parents? Aunts/Uncles? Sister/Brother? Friends or their parents? Just please remember to take care of yourself.
    dont live any where near aunts uncles brother has anger issues so i tend away the other ones a druggy and is really really stupid i have like 2 friends and i dont talk to them much parents eh . . . but i will
  • Myschelle
    Options
    :smile:

dont live any where near aunts uncles brother has anger issues so i tend away the other ones a druggy and is really really stupid i have like 2 friends and i dont talk to them much parents eh . . . but i will

Please add me as a friend. I'd love to keep up with how you are doing. (I have three sons 18, 17, & 15 AND two step-daughters 16 & 13 - I can't stand the thought that they might feel like you...you shouldn't feel alone!)
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Per the terms of use for MFP...can be found at very bottom of every page under "Terms":

Eligible Users
    MyFitnessPal is available only to individuals eighteen years of age and older, and to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. By using MyFitnessPal, you represent and warrant that you meet these criteria and you agree to having the ability under applicable law to enter into a legally binding contract.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    First, I congratulate you on your attempts to lead a healthier life! However, you aren't supposed to be on this site since you're too young.

Having said that, I'd recommend you check out sparkteens.com. It's a site specifically designed for teens and healthy lifestyles. There's a lot of good info there about proper diet, nutrition, exercise, etc., all geared towards teens your age. No offense, but it's clear from your posts that you have a lot to learn about proper nutrition, and that site has some great tips on what to eat.

Best of luck to you!
  • Katfrench
    Options
    Don't be a doofus!
    [/qurote]
  • Katfrench
    Options
    <~~ Seriously wonders why all of you wonderful MFPers would continue to try and educate this kid....Report sent...Wish I could call his parents or put him in time out :glasses:
    [/quote

I agree. :)]
  • aguerrera
    aguerrera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you feel sick from eating "too much" which to me sounds like too little, there could be something wrong. I'd see your doctor and talk to them about this issue. Also, since you are young, it's easy to be active. I would stress totally on what you're eating. I'd run or do some type of cardio activity to burn calories. Remember though, to be active and lose weight you need ENERGY and you get ENERGY from eating. If you cut down your calories, you could lose EVEN LESS. It may not make sense to you but you're slowing down your metabolism.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    First, I congratulate you on your attempts to lead a healthier life! However, you aren't supposed to be on this site since you're too young.

Having said that, I'd recommend you check out sparkteens.com. It's a site specifically designed for teens and healthy lifestyles. There's a lot of good info there about proper diet, nutrition, exercise, etc., all geared towards teens your age. No offense, but it's clear from your posts that you have a lot to learn about proper nutrition, and that site has some great tips on what to eat.

Best of luck to you!
    [/quote

Great Answer
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You also keep refering to thse WW burgers like they make everything ok becasue they are WW. I sure teh burgers are just 1 small component of a proper WW diet.

Just cause you eat their burgerts doesn`t mean you are on a WW diet, just like wearing Air Jordans doesn`t mean you are in the NBA.

As far as I know, the WW diet gives you points for each item you eat, and your objective of the diet is to be within a certain range of points. I bet their point system is based on calorie intake. Whatever their ponts add up to is probably the equivalent of a 500 calorie deficit from their TDEE.

If you are interested in the WW diet, then by all means follow through with it.You have to read up on it first to understand what it is, you can`t just eat the burgers and think you are adhering to the diet.