What do you want to wear when you reach your ideal weight?

Options
So this morning I'm going through my closet like I do every morning thinking, "I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR" and I keep seeing the same shirts I bought last year, two years ago that I have been dying to wear.. but can't because they don't fit! I've spent so much money on clothes over the past few years but can only wear about 1/3 of them. Soooooo my question is: what clothes do you have in your closet that you CAN'T WAIT to wear again once you lose that weight?

For me, it is a pink and white striped t-shirt I bought at PacSun on a whim and a green and white striped shirt from AE. Perfect summer clothes... and of course, my blue and white bikini!

Just thought this would be a fun thread to keep motivation up for those of us who want to lose weight so we can feel better about what we wear :)

Replies

• Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I really really want to be able to wear my torn white jeans from Old Navy. I only have about 20-25lbs to lose for that... but the BIGGEST deal is my Highschool Prom dress. My husband has fancy dinner things all the time and I LOVE that dress. I would like to be able to wear ANY of my dresses from highschool!!! Thats 70lbs from now! :)
  • Hizzle85
    Hizzle85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I think for me it is probably this jean mini skirt I wore in high school. Have you ever seen Crossroads with Britney Spears? Its just like the one she wears when she does I love Rock n Roll. I bought one just like it and I've always loved it. I kept it, even though I havent been able to wear it in years.
    I've always been a mini skirt girl, they make me feel hott.
    So that's what I want to wear. :)
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to fit into a size 4-6, tea length wedding dress for this August. I haven't bought it yet, but I know which one I want. I know the size is realistic because I wore a 2-4 size pants 2 years ago (bone/structure wise it's do-able).

In the meantime, my sister is getting married May 21st and I'm her maid of honor. My dress currently is hanging on my closet door...I tried it on a few weeks ago, it clipped at the top, but it would NOT ZIP!!! My alteration appointment is march 8th and I want it to fit!!! ...The one I tried on at the store fit fine, but they did warn me that when people get their dresses in, they often are tighter because a zillion peope haven't tried it on or stretched it out or warmed up the zipper....but still...
  • mogzBH
    mogzBH Posts: 50
    Options
    I have a very pretty summer dress, pale yellow with lovely pale red and orange flowers on. It's NEVER fitted but my goal is to wear it this summer, I recon I need to lose about 50lbs for that...so here goes! That's just a part time goal though, my final goal is a beautiful grey chiffon ball gown that I bought last year because it was in a sale dispite it being a million sizes too small. It is hanging up in my bedroom where I can look at it every day and be motivated to do well. Oh and it'd be nice not to look like a beached whale in a bikini!
  • kidakiwi04
    Options
    photobucket hates me...I was going to post a picture but can't seem to get it to work.

I have this halter dress its short tight and emerald green. I bought it because it was on sale with the intention of giving it to my sister for her birthday. But I love the color and its everything I have never had the guts to wear. Basically I fell in love with this dress.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My first goal is the size 22 jeans I use to wear, and after that, I don't have anything. So I want to be able to buy a short dress right off the rack...something that will show my soon to be fabulous legs!
  • kimdummermuth
    Options
    first goal is my before 3rd and 4th baby clothes.. lol that along with my old bathsuit. I don't want to wear the materiny one anymore! lol
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I do not want to wear anything from my closet they are all big clothes for the first time im a jrs small and im happy to go shopping for new!!...I want to now wear skirts and shorts because my legs are looking great!!:wink: and tops with no sleeves/short sleeves because my hams for arms I once had are gone!!:laugh: :wink:
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just want to wear my old high school t-shirts! My wife has threaten to throw them away if I don't wear them! Too many good memories!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have not worn a skirt in over 16 years.
    I hate my legs and thighs and trousers cover me up.
    I am looking forward to being confident to go out and buy a skirt and wear it out. :O)
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    not in my closet BUT I want to wear a pair of skinny jeans :)
    Ive never really worn jeans apart form big baggy boyfriend style ones but want to be slim enough to wear nice tight fitting ones.

Something in my closet is a pair of red 3/4 length trousers I love them and want the figure to wear them again!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My old favorite jeans. Loved those jeans. They were the perfect length, didn't drag the ground but they didn't show my ankles either, and they hit my hips at just the right spot so I didn't get a muffin top. I want to wear those. And I have a high-waisted black skirt that I'd love to wear again -- I don't dress up often, but that skirt is so hot. I'd wear it around the house just to look at myself. :laugh:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that were the PERFECT jeans. I always felt HOT when I wore them. Next is a bikini. I have always been a bigger person and even in high school was never comfortable in a bikini. I want to go to the beach and be the hot mom in a bikini.
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    At the post-Christmas sales I bought a really cute empire-waist tunic/dress with colourful flowers. That's my highest priority. (I currently look pregnant in it - I love empire waists to death but they do that to you if you're not super skinny, alas. And being just 20, I don't want to look pregnant just yet...)

Then I have a black blouse for choir concerts (dress code is all black, so I had to go shopping for my first concert with them) that it would be nice to wear without feeling like I have the biggest belly ever. Next concert is on March 15, so it's not that far to go - I hope I've made some progress!

I also have a denim skirt that I might possibly be able to wear if I get really skinny. I haven't been able to wear it comfortably since I was in my early teens, though, so it's possible that my hips have got too wide since then...

Lastly, old jeans! I hate shopping and I have several pairs of old beloved jeans that aren't THAT far off my current size, so it'd be nice to be able to wear those again. :)
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I want to look smokin hot in my bikini!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    To be able to get a cute baithing suit for next summer !
    To be able to wear skinny jeans !
    Cute shirts from american eagle !
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    My big goal is to be able to close my eyes and pick anything out of my closet (all new of course because I will have had to toss all my fat clothes!) ans grab anything and know it will fit perfect! Not have to worry about those show this so I have to wear that to cover it up. Or worry about clothes streaching or pinching and just being uncomfortable.

I wanna wear cute sundresses and shorts. The last few years I've been in capris to cover my thighs. I wanna be able to wear a bathing suit (it dosen't even have to be a bikini) and feel beautiful!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Short Lululemon shorts
    Heels without my feet aching after 10 minutes
    A bathing suit without feeling the need to cover up
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I want to get back into all of my size 5's !! I can still wear a few of them...but several I can't even fasten. And I have some cute fitted Tee's that I can't wear anymore because of the muffin top from my size 5's being too tight!
  • Rachray143
    Rachray143 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A bikini would be nice : )