Kids Say The Darnest Things..

Options
Yesterday I took my nephew to my best friends house. Her VERY pregnant sister was there as well. My nephew being the curious little being that he is asked "Why your belly so big?" We explained that there was a baby in there and that in a couple of days the baby will come out. He didn't ask anymore questions and went off to watch Toy Story 3 for the billionth time.

Anyway, this morning my nephew comes bouncing into my room at 6 am wanting oatmeal. I mentioned to my mom that My friend was probably going to have the baby by Sunday. Nephew immediately lifted up his shirt in and said with a mouthful of oatmeal "I have a baby in my belly! And its gotta come out from my belly button!" Don't ask me how he figured babies come from belly buttons, But he looked so adorable that I just had to laugh.

I know everyone always thinks their kids are the smartest brightest most wonderful beings on the planets. But what are some of the funniest things you have ever heard a kid say?

Replies

• tammydspice
    Options
    My 5 year old son is in curling. So we leave curling Saturday morning and he looks at me and says..."Mom, I had to try really hard at curling today, we had to put our brooms on the side this time...I may have to rethink the Olympics."

Kids are too cute!!
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    Ironically, I just posted this for my MFP friends to read:
    I got a good laugh from my son (2 1/2) this morning..My husband, Matt, is in the military and walked down the stairs in his camouflage.. he doesn't have to wear them often anymore so Emerson isn't used to it...Anyways, Emerson looked at Matt, laughed, and said "Daddy! You're going to work in your pajamas?!" Emerson has some camouflage pj's so I think that's where the connection was made. LOL
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old daughter ran into the kitchen Sunday:

"Momma! Please feel my head! HURRY!.."

Me: "Ok..you're fine...Why?"

"I think I have Bieber fever."
  • kidakiwi04
    Options

I'm still giggling as I write this. Too funny!!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I was living with my aunt and our dog had died suddenly. My cousin who was about 3 at the time was always at the house and so he got used to the dog being there. When he came over and asked where Wally (dog) was my aunt told him in a way for a kid to understand that he had died. My cousin looked at her and said....

'That's okay. He was a bad egg. Sometimes these things just don't work out'
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    My three year old daughter, while we were driving, said this:
    "The sun is IN MY EYES!!! Daddy you need to move the sun from my eyes ok? I don't like it in my face so please REMOVE IT!"
    lol
    Yes, my husband and I are definitely going to laugh at whoever proposes to her :)

LOL@ Beiber fever haha...

My daughter is going through middle child sydrome this past year :( lol. She also says these kind of things
    "Mama can you -please- make my baby brother stop crying because it's annoying me"
    "My butt is bigger than his butt RIGHT!" <--she is very impressed by this fact and thinks it makes her 'outrank' her seven month old brother lol :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    "The sun is IN MY EYES!!! Daddy you need to move the sun from my eyes ok? I don't like it in my face so please REMOVE IT!"
    lol
    Yes, my husband and I are definitely going to laugh at whoever proposes to her :)

My daughter is going through middle child sydrome this past year :( lol. She also says these kind of things
    "Mama can you -please- make my baby brother stop crying because it's annoying me"
    "My butt is bigger than his butt RIGHT!" <--she is very impressed by this fact and thinks it makes her 'outrank' her seven month old brother lol :)

I am very glad my kids have a 11 year age diffrence so I dont have to deal with the whole sibling jelousy thing.
    Me and my daughter were at the library yesterday and some lady said hi to her and she started barking and growling at her lol it was pretty funny.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I can't wait until my nephew starts talking. I bet he'll have some real good one liners.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    lol

I am very glad my kids have a 11 year age diffrence so I dont have to deal with the whole sibling jelousy thing.
    Me and my daughter were at the library yesterday and some lady said hi to her and she started barking and growling at her lol it was pretty funny.

@ Jeaneatte..
    I thought there would be enough of an age difference between my first two..6.5 years..I was wrong. Very Wrong. LOL
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    my boys recently came up with this one on a clear day when they could see the moon

The moon can't be made of cheese cause it's a circle and cheese is a square

haha it's amazing how their little brains work.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My husband and step children are Welsh but not welsh speakers, I am English, whilst driving home from a day trip one afternoon the kids were talking about the fact that they are Welsh but I am English and my step son who was 5 at the time piped up "Nicky do we need to learn to speak English to talk to you then?"
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

This is too funny. lol
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    My 7 yr old told me yesterday and I quote

" Daddy how did Jesus make something so perfectly beautiful as Megan Fox in Transformers "

I just looked at him laughing and said AMEN!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    One time, my neice (who was about 5 at the time) was being scolded by her Mom and her Mom ended the scolding with "Why don't you kids ever listen?" My neice replied with a sigh "We're kids. We don't always listen!"
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

" Daddy how did Jesus make something so perfectly beautiful as Megan Fox in Transformers "

Nice!!! haha!

I was at the beach the other day with my 5 year old daughter and as we were standing on the shoreline about 4 surfers walked past us carrying their surf boards. She just stood there slack jawed watching them. Then she says, "mommy I like those surf boys...they're like rock stars". GREEEEEAT! :noway:

She mentioned them again a few times later in the day.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Awesome!

My 7 year old daughter has a thing for Ryan Reynolds...but that's my fault, lol.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I asked my 2 year old son who the President is, and he said "um....how about Santa Claus?"

I died laughing hahah! :) (and he pronounces "Obama" as "ObMomma")
  • jcholliday
    Options
    i was giving a lesson in church on how important families are in Gods plan for us....and my 8 year old raises her hand and says, "yeah and some times when the family has to many kids they put one up for adoption". I was dumbfounded, I completely forgot what I was talking about or how to answer her. The rest of the leaders and adults in the room started looking at me like...hummm Judy do you have something to tell us....!! LOL