If you're plateauing, try this - *WARNING* TMI POST!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I swear by psyllium husks. I found out about them when I was on a VLCD a couple of years ago & they were a life saver! I now take Maxicol which is basically psyllium husks with added pro & prebiotics.
    Never have a problem.:wink:
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't know what everyone's exercise regimen is, but when I walk for at least 30 minutes at least every other day, I find this type of problem really takes care of itself. Also, in the past I tried drinking high protein drinks (like SlimFast) and they really caused constipation, so if you're working on a high protein diet, be sure to add in a lot of fiber for balance. And WALK! :flowerforyou:
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    All Bran is grrrreat! Their 'Buds' cereal has even _more_ fiber + loads of Psyllium!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sharing, but I am laughing. Thanks for that! LOL!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    So glad someone else was courageous enough to start this thread. I've noticed my healthier eating has coincided with more frequent need for having the plunger on hand, if you know what I mean. I am fairly sure it's extra "stuff" clearing out.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Since I've been eating so much healthier, I've noticed I have to go a lot more...

Here's some serious TMI for you:

"normal" for me has always been what my family has called 4 days on 4 days off. I'd have 4 days of non-stop pooping, then 4 days of absolutely no pooping. But it was always exactly 4 days. And those 4 days weren't like constipation, I just didn't poop, and didn't feel like I had to. Now that I've been eating healthier, I poop at least once a day, in the morning, and sometimes another time! It's awesome!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Now friends, this is EXACTLY the kind of thread we need here at MFP - Honest discussion about ALL issues related to our healthier lifestyles!

You know there's GOTTA be some kind of build-up "in there" after all the crap we've eaten, right? So when you force it down and through and OUT with some kind of fabulous fiber, it should definitely show up on the scale!

I can't tell you how much I've loved this thread! Does that make me warped? Or just frank, honest, and realistic? Whatever, I love it!

I might even start a thread later on today about how I can't do jumping jacks on my 30 Day Shred video because of my "leaking" problem... always thought that might be TMI but after reading this thread I think I'm safe!

Thanx for your honesty, all of you!

Ice :smile:
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings are my weigh-in days. And, as Larry the Cable Guy might say, I won't weigh before my morning constitution.
  • KelliesCupcake
    Options
    Ive noticed this too. i really struggle with regular movements yet everyday i at least meet my fibre goal if not go over quite alot. I'm also getting quite alot of stomach aches and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that might help? Thank you
  • jjjuuunnniiieee
    Options
    That's why I try to drop a deuce in the morning before I clock in on the scale. Or, for comparative reasons, I'll check before and after. Very good ones are at least 2 pounds. Haha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA This reply killed me!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is why I have a Fiber One bar everynight before bed,
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I lost 3+ lbs with a good pee before!!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I tried psyllium husks today, yes I have gone....and it hasn't been too bad but I don't feel "cleaned out" or anything.....
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    CRAZY! I just told my husband I lost four pounds after "giving birth to his twin sister". He thinks I'm totally gross. But good heavens we all poo!!
    I like when I do..i weigh less:)