Fast Food that won't kill your diet.

Options
2»

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Not really a fast food person anymore but Chili's soups are pretty good. A little high in sodium for the entire bowl but the sweet corn soup is delish!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Less Than 500 Calories at Burger King

Whopper Jr. without Mayo
    with Garden Salad and 10-oz Minute Maid Orange Juice
    445 calories
    12 g fat (4.5 g saturated fat)
    520 mg sodium

Save 9 grams of fat by opting for barbecue sauce instead of mayo. At 80 calories a packet BK's mayo is one of the worst in the fast food world. Still feeling hungry after the last bite? Order a second Garden Salad. You'll still take in fewer calories than if you had consumed a small order of fries.

Less than 500 Calories at Quiznos

Small Honey Bourbon Chicken
    with a Cup of Chili (no crackers), and bottle of water
    460 calories
    11.5 g fat (2.5 g saturated fat)
    1,540 mg sodium

Opt for the honey bourbon mustard sauce over mayo or creamy dressings to add flavor without guilt.

Less Than 500 Calories at Arby’s

Chicken Fillet Sandwich - Roast
    with Applesauce, and a 20-oz Diet Peach FruiTea
    470 calories
    16 g fat (3 g saturated fat)
    934 mg sodium

Replacing some of your daily carbohydrates with protein can lower blood pressure. Always choose a roasted or grilled chicken over "crispy" (read: fried) to save on calories.

Less Than 500 Calories at Carl’s Jr.

Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich
    with Side Salad with Low Fat Balsamic Dressing, and Medium Iced Tea
    445 calories
    8.5 g fat (2.5 g saturated fat)
    1,690 mg sodium

Barbecue sauce and a mound of fresh produce keep this meal in the safe zone.

Add me :)
  • shells9973
    Options
    Panera

OMG! Their new Thai chicken chopped salad w/a cup of low fat chicken noodle soup.... AWESOME pick two!!!
  • jlmelton0509
    jlmelton0509 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My choice has been to ask my friends go to healthier places to eat. That has solved my problem. Of course this might not be possible where you live. In the Pacific Northwest there are LOTS of healthy, low cost alternatives to fast food. (Like Qdoba and Taco del Mar).

Yeah, the problem is that I live in NC and my husband, and all of our friends, are military. They pretty much eat/drink whatever they want. Their wives tend to be skinny too. In the city we live in, we don't have a Qdoba or Taco del Mar. We do have Salsaritas though.
  • jlmelton0509
    jlmelton0509 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info ya'll!!! :happy:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I typically get chicken of some sort.. If I know Im gonna eat out, I just eat light the rest of the day so it doesn't kill my calories. For example, on Friday's we go to Taco bell with my mom and step father. I eat a light breakfast and lunch so I don't go over at dinner.
  • danyelpink
    danyelpink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    At Sonic, the Grilled Chicken Wrap is 391 calories & very tasty & filling.
    At McDonalds, I usually get a Cheeseburger (300 calories) and a large diet coke.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    chick fil a wrap or salads are good.

taco bell fresca tacos are my favorite.
  • jen4health
    jen4health Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chipotle or Qdoba are good if you get the bowl (no tortilla) and none of the sour cream, etc. Stick to the meat, rice, beans and veggies and it's good on calories and fat. It is about half your day's sodium intake for one bowl but I think this is a problem with any eating out choices.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    -Subway egg white english muffin
    -Starbucks oatmeal

Lunch:
    -McDonalds Salad with Grilled Chicken
    -Subway salad with grilled chicken
    -Snack wrap (minus cheese and sauce) from McDonalds or Wendys
    -Taco bell drive thru diet (anything!)

Dinner:
    -Plain kids hamburger with ketchup
    -Apple fries/dippers at subway, burger king and mcdonalds
    -Subway sandwich on wheat bread without cheese or dressing
    -Almost any soup at olive garden
    -Chipotle chicken, black beans, salsa on a salad without dressing

Snacks:
    -McDonalds smoothie
    -Starbucks marshmallow treat
    -Starbucks plain cappuccino with skim milk
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I go to the gym after work and get out late I stop at Taco Time......seems almost embarrassing to go to it because it is LITERALLY right next to the gym. lol
    But, with that said....I get the Light Meal (Crisp light chicken taco and a cup of chili) I skip the drink because I'm not a pop drinker and don't like to drink my calories. I would much rather eat them! = )
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I usually do Wendy's chilli and a side salad. I would eat a big salad but they got rid of the one I liked and now they put something on each one that I won't eat.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I go to Arby's and get a medium roast beef with no bun. It cuts the calories over 200 calories(450 with the bun, 240 without) and is high in protein (but unfortunately sodium too). I also go to Jimmy John's and get their "unwiches"...you can get any sandwich without the bread and wrapped in a large lettuce leaf. I get it with no mayo, mustard only. A club sandwich with dijon mustard only has 239 calories. With the bun and mayo and cheese it is 768 calories!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle...the burrito bowls with no rice or beans...or I get 2 hard tacos (the shells are only 60 cals each!) with the fajita veggies, chicken and corn salsa and lettuce...very filling and YUM!!!
  • ktbug1186
    Options
    at Chickfila a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad is good!
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    Starbucks Egg White, Spinach, Feta wrap is the best for breakfast!

This is definitely a 'go-to' breakfast for me! Super yummy=)
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    chicken fajaitas w/o the tortillas is only about 250 cal.. and YUMMY! most places have em! good luck! eat with a side salad if you want.
    That's a great tip! I love fajaitas. I'm glad I looked at this because I have the same question a lot.
    I usually log on before we go out, pull up the food tab and click on "database." You can then bring up anything that is in the database and look at the calories that you would be eating if you ordered that food. Hope that helps. :happy: