Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    MON – Strength Training Minutes: 18 ~ Under Fat: Y/N? Yes
    TUE - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: Y/N? Yes
    WED - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: Y/N? No
    THU - Strength Training Minutes: 30 ~ Under Fat: Y/N? Yes
    FRI - Strength Training Minutes: ## ~ Under Fat: Y/N?
    SAT - Strength Training Minutes: ## ~ Under Fat: Y/N?
    SUN - Strength Training Minutes: ## ~ Under Fat: Y/N?

Total Strength Training Minutes: 48/45
    Days Under Fat Goal: 3/7
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options

loveme... Thanks for the inspirational BOOST!! :flowerforyou:

I think lilmissgenius200 and caitlinlws need a shout-out for yesterday! :drinker:

We're such a cute little group... Did we lose some people from last challenge? :laugh:

If it helps, I'll share my motivation...I'm leaving for spring break in 9 days...so while staying under my fat won't work like the usual crash diet I would go for, I figure that it certainly can't hurt!!!:laugh:
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump! I'll be back on Monday!
  • loveme445
    Options
    A fitness goal and a nutrition goal were what I used to set for myself every week, it really helps keep me in check. I am definitely benefiting from having a crew to do it with!
    Loveme....i would like to know a bit more about you. :) how long has your journey been, how much weight and how did you lose it? Also, what have you learned about yourself and about your weight over that time? Not being nosey. Just curious.:)

Ive been doing "crash diets" for years and after the diet is over, I gain the weight back plus more.

It took me a year to lose 20 lbs (Oct 09-Oct 10). I joined MFP in Oct 10 and so far, I've lost 32 lbs. So that's a total of 52lbs lost since Oct 09.

I do a variety of exercises so I wont get bored. I do DVDs, Run, Walk, Workout Classes, Wii, etc. My goal is to do cardio 5xs a week for at least 1 hour, 2 days of Strength Training, 2 days of Running (I started the Couch to 5k program at the end of November and finished in January. I discovered that I enjoy running!) and 1 day of Yoga (not my fav so I dont do it every week like I should)

My biggest obstacle is my eating habits. I used to be an all or nothing person. Either I eat clean or I eat bad. No gray area allowed. I thought that you couldn't lose weight if you were dieting and had something"bad" every once in awhile. I've learned that its ok to eat some things in moderation as long as the majority of the time you are making healthy choices and exercising.

Have a Healthy Day! :flowerforyou:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    A fitness goal and a nutrition goal were what I used to set for myself every week, it really helps keep me in check. I am definitely benefiting from having a crew to do it with!
    Loveme....i would like to know a bit more about you. :) how long has your journey been, how much weight and how did you lose it? Also, what have you learned about yourself and about your weight over that time? Not being nosey. Just curious.:)

Ive been doing "crash diets" for years and after the diet is over, I gain the weight back plus more.

It took me a year to lose 20 lbs (Oct 09-Oct 10). I joined MFP in Oct 10 and so far, I've lost 32 lbs. So that's a total of 52lbs lost since Oct 09.

I do a variety of exercises so I wont get bored. I do DVDs, Run, Walk, Workout Classes, Wii, etc. My goal is to do cardio 5xs a week for at least 1 hour, 2 days of Strength Training, 2 days of Running (I started the Couch to 5k program at the end of November and finished in January. I discovered that I enjoy running!) and 1 day of Yoga (not my fav so I dont do it every week like I should)

My biggest obstacle is my eating habits. I used to be an all or nothing person. Either I eat clean or I eat bad. No gray area allowed. I thought that you couldn't lose weight if you were dieting and had something"bad" every once in awhile. I've learned that its ok to eat some things in moderation as long as the majority of the time you are making healthy choices and exercising.

Have a Healthy Day! :flowerforyou:
    It sounds like you have learned a lot! And it all all the same I have learned in the last few years! :-D I enjoy my treats now and then! Definitely! :-D GET THIS!!!! I haven't attempted to distance run in MONTHS and even when I would attempt my longest time would be around 5 min. I have splenty of running intervals and spinning to get my intense cardio in. Well apparently that paid off! Today, just for the heck of it, I ran to just run and I as able to run 8 min solid without stopping! Then I did intervals of 3 min run 2 min walk for 3 times through and an additional 2 min run at the end. It was pretty great to see that I might actually be able to run one day!
    That's my share for the day ahhahaha I will check in for the challenge as soon as I have submitted my diary for the day. :-D
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It looks like we all had our fair share of Fat on Weds (except lilmissgenius, Congrats!). So, ladies let's get back to it and stay away from those fatty foods. Good Luck! We Can Do this!
    loveme... Thanks for the inspirational BOOST!! :flowerforyou:

I think lilmissgenius200 and caitlinlws need a shout-out for yesterday! :drinker:

We're such a cute little group... Did we lose some people from last challenge? :laugh:
    [/quote]

Thanks all :) Keep up the great work!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    No strength today but I ran like an animal!! ;) Friday and Saturday are my other 2 circuit days....
    MON – Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: YUP!
    TUE - Strength Training Minutes: 25ish ~ Under Fat: YUP!
    WED - Strength Training Minutes: 25ish~ Under Fat: nope
    THU - Strength Training Minutes: 00~ Under Fat: Yes!!

Total Strength Training Minutes: 50/45
  • jady121584
    jady121584 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Jady-Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Thanks- Good luck In the challenge!
  • jady121584
    Options
    We're in the Homestretch!!

MON – Strength Training Minutes: 11.5 ~ Under Fat: Yes
    TUE - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: Yes
    WED - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: No
    THU - Strength Training Minutes: 10 ~ Under Fat: Yes

FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

Total Strength Training Minutes: 21.5/45
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    For yesterday:

MON – Strength Training Minutes: 9 ~ Under Fat: Yes!
    TUE - Strength Training Minutes: 12 ~ Under Fat: Yes!
    WED - Strength Training Minutes: 11 ~ Under Fat: Not at all!
    THU - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: No. (Dang second breakfast!)

Total Strength Training Minutes: 32/45
    Days Under Fat Goal: 2/7
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I'll share my motivation...I'm leaving for spring break in 9 days...so while staying under my fat won't work like the usual crash diet I would go for, I figure that it certainly can't hurt!!!:laugh:
    Great motivation!
    I discovered that I enjoy running!) and 1 day of Yoga (not my fav so I dont do it every week like I should)
    Great job running! I enjoy it too. I wish the weather was nice, with no ice! Don't really like yoga either. Only this specific one: http://namasteinc.com/ Other than that, I do Pilates. Have you tried that?
    My biggest obstacle is my eating habits. I used to be an all or nothing person. Either I eat clean or I eat bad. No gray area allowed.
    I can relate to that. Congrats! You've come a long way!
    GET THIS!!!! I haven't attempted to distance run in MONTHS and even when I would attempt my longest time would be around 5 min. I have splenty of running intervals and spinning to get my intense cardio in. Well apparently that paid off! Today, just for the heck of it, I ran to just run and I as able to run 8 min solid without stopping!
    That's really awesome! I can't run for more than 3 minutes if it's on pavement! :angry: That's why I want to start running with the C25K program. I know it will take me more than 9 weeks.
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a challenge, and saw this was open to join at any time! I am so excited! I am VERY new to MFP, so if you wouldn't mind helping me out with a couple things?
    How long is this challenge?
    I am having trouble knowing when someone replies to one of my topics...Is there a notification somewhere? Or do I just have to keep checking it?
    Thank you!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    bump.
  • MarybethAltizer
    Options
    Im not familiar with the lingo yet... what does "bump" mean? lol :) Oh yeah, and is there anything special I need to do to join a challenge or just start posting? I know, alot of questions!
  • jady121584
    Options
    TGIF, Y'all!!

MON – Strength Training Minutes: 11.5 ~ Under Fat: Yes
    TUE - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: Yes
    WED - Strength Training Minutes: 0 ~ Under Fat: No
    THU - Strength Training Minutes: 10 ~ Under Fat: Yes
    FRI - Strength Training Minutes: 10 ~ Under Fat: Yes

SAT -
    SUN -

Total Strength Training Minutes: 31.5/45
    Days Under Fat Goal: 4/7
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a challenge, and saw this was open to join at any time! I am so excited! I am VERY new to MFP, so if you wouldn't mind helping me out with a couple things?
    How long is this challenge?
    I am having trouble knowing when someone replies to one of my topics...Is there a notification somewhere? Or do I just have to keep checking it?
    Thank you!

This challenge is a week...it goes Mon-Sun and every Sunday we start a new one...the link to the new one gets posted in this topic.

I'm not sure about someone replying, I actually need to know that also!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Mikaylarae-Sounds Good! Have a Great Weekend!

Steph-Thanks! You should do the C25K program, it’s great! It’s ok if you have to do some days over, as long as you don’t give up.

Marybeth-Welcome! :flowerforyou: The challenges are weekly, Mon-Sun. If you go to the My Topics tab, there will be a list of all the topics you commented on. There are no notifications so you have to keep checking to see if someone else commented on the post. Bump is a way to put a topic in you’re My Topics section and/or move it up to the top of your list. Hope this helps. Have a Nice Day!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Im not familiar with the lingo yet... what does "bump" mean? lol :) Oh yeah, and is there anything special I need to do to join a challenge or just start posting? I know, alot of questions!
    Bump means they have bumped it to the top of their "my topics" link which is where you will find if someone has posted on it. We are a chatty group and would love more members! Loveme wil post a new challenge link within this one each sunday. On monday you start by entering your current weight and any loss from the prior week. Great to have you!!!
  • MarybethAltizer
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I am going to buy a scale tonight...my birthday present! (Birthday was last Tuesday) I will try the bump thing that could be helpful. I just did a KILLER workout! 25 min of cardio and 25 strength, it....was....AWESOME!!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    The ww scales are very accurate. :) digital is always better.