C-SECTION MAMAS HOW WILL 'WE' DO THIS???

Options
1235»

Replies

• cheechersmom
    Options
    NO MORE SIT UPS!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to see my doctor today, who seemed impressed with my progress so far. This meant alot to me since my doctor is one of the fittest people I know and he's not fond of FAT people :o( I have lost a total of 31lbs lost since December 2010, which he compared to losing a BABY SEAL! lol. He suggested I up my calorie intake to 1400 though. That means a slightly slower paced weight loss, but, I think I'll take the advice of a guy who's done a ton of marathons and competed in an Iron-man competition!
    As far as my baby/ cesarean belly, which is a big concern of mine, he said I could do sit ups till I'm blue in the face and it won't solve the problem.
    His solution was, every other day, add 15 mins of muscle work after cardio. Forget the arms and abs, he said to concentrate on below the waist line. Targeting Thighs and Buttocks which are the two largest muscles in the body. An increase in musle in these areas will eventually help shrink and tone the bum belly/ apron of flab.

Good luck Mamas!

Kellie

P.S Down from size 20 in Dec 2010 to size 14 now!
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    hey, check out my post near the bottom of the page, I got some good advice from the doctor today - no sit ups and no tummy tuck, just 15 minutes of post workout muscle building in thighs and butt! Good Luck :o)
  • lilmommy
    Options
    Wow awesome thread!! I've had c-sections with both pregnancies. After my second I did lose the weight very fast but the extra tummy skin although I didn't have a lot of it drove me crazy!! I think I might save up for a tummy tuck after I lose the weight I packed on thanks to the desk job I had for a year.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs and now have less pouch but a ton of loose skin. :sick:

This makes me laugh. My daughter (who just turned 5) was cuddling with me the other day and asked me “why do you have this?” as she pulled on my pouch (fun right?) I said “because I love you” she said “What? Why?” I said “my tummy got stretched out when you were growing in my tummy, then even more when your little brother was growing inside me” she looked at it long and hard for a few long seconds then said “I think we should say it is daddy’s fault”

I agree! Lets blame Daddy!

I told Daddy about this and he told me she always sells me out and wants to blame me while talking to him, lol. One smart cookie!

OMG!! I spit food out laughing at this!! LMAO!!!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've lost some serious weight so far!

I've had two Csections, the last in April of last year. I have no big secrets except I have focused on core exercises and changed them upon a regular basis. I proudly showed off my tummy in a bikini last month.

Just keep doing what your doing, you are already a success!!
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    OMG, that is hilarious! My son just starting walking last Fall, and when I am laying on my side on the floor with him, he will come to sit on my pouch like its a chair. (*_*)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I still have about 90 lbs to go before worrying about my pooch. :(
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    :)