Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    between 300 and 500
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I usually try to go no less than 300. This week I haven't had such a great week. On a good week I try to get at least 500/day for at least 3 days
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    3800 so far m-f so I guess about

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    MAJOR variance for me. I've had days as low as 300 and days (like today) when I get close to 1300. It depends what I'm doing. Most days though, it's around 500-700.
  • miabrown66
    Options
    4-500 calories 6-7 days per week. Losing around 3-4 pounds per week. You need to be sure you are actually working off what you think you are. MFP drastically overstates what is being burned. Even my exercise bike was overstating what I was burning. If you want to know what you are REALLY burning off, need a heart rate monitor. My bike was off by about 75 calories per workout and MFP was off by hundreds of calories. The HRM is most accurrate. Good luck!
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    it depends on my cardio. If its eliptical its 200+, running 300+, walking, 150+ or around there. It depends on if its a day for me to do a hard workout or not. (I alternate)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I run every day and am around 1400 cals burned a day. When I eat the cals burned back I lose 2 pounds a week.
  • foreverstarstrukk
    Options
    Wow!! I didn't expect to get so many responses in such a short amount of time! Thank you everyone, & goodluck to you all as well! I read all your posts and you are all very inspiring!

One thing I'm a little confused about still is...say you burn 100 calories through exercise.

This allows you to be able to eat 100 calories more in the day than without the exercise aka your 'Net' (correct me if I am wrong).

So are you actually supposed to eat 100 more calories or should you consider the 100 calories burned to count towards your weight loss...?

Basically I don't understand how you are supposed to lose weight if you are replacing all the calories that you burn. Can anyone explain this concept, lol?

Thanks!

s t a r s t r u k k
  • ian191
    ian191 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Usually around 100-200. With school its hard for me to do much exercising, after a day of school I tend to be mentally drained, and I just don't feel like exercising. When I don't exercise I am extra sure to be at or a little below my calorie goal.

I would exercise much more often if I had an elliptical, but I don't, so yeah.

I did order some cheap weights so I can start some weight training.

My problem is I just don't want to be exercising outside and then be like "I am done." Sure, I still have to walk home, but I just don't want to deal with it.
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    250-600 depending on what I do and how long
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight, if you set you goals to lose weight and accurately set you daily activity level correctly. And then stick to it with proper food nutrition. Think of exercising as it is intended for. To build muscle and cardiovascular system. And you must replenish the system go keep it strong, so eat to make up for the expenditure during exercise.
  • foreverstarstrukk
    Options
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight, if you set you goals to lose weight and accurately set you daily activity level correctly. And then stick to it with proper food nutrition. Think of exercising as it is intended for. To build muscle and cardiovascular system. And you must replenish the system go keep it strong, so eat to make up for the expenditure during exercise.

Thank you, that helped! (:
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Read these posts to better understand how things work on MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Thank you, that helped! (:

This is true, however, as someone ready pointed out the "calories burned" that MFP alots for different exercise may not be accurate for you. Age, sex, height, weight, etc all gave an affect onhow many calories you are going to burn doing different activities. These are not accounted for as this type of site is designed to be generic and accessible to a large range of people. Again, if you want an accurate number of calories you can eat back without going into you deficit calories, you should get a heart rate monitor.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM I burn between 400-750 calories a day after subtracting my BMR calories from the totals.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    450 to 550 usually but that is based on this site's calculator. No HRM yet.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well, now I feel a little freaky :( Between 600-800 during the week, easily 900 on the weekends (long run).
  • amandamarie91
    Options
    i try to get at least 600 a day. usually it depends on what i do and can be anywhere from 600 to 1200.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    400-500 if I do weights followed by 30-45 minutes on a cardio machine.
    Close to 600 when I shake it like Shakira in Zumba. :-)
  • DTelleen
    Options
    Depends on the day, weather, work, etc.....at least 1000, though usually in the 1200-1800 range per day.