February Walking Challenge

Replies

• another 3.25 miles this morning. Have to put on the push to make my goal. 5 days left so will have to see if I can do it. Damn those short months. Am doing a walk on Sat for the Rape Crisis Center so that will be extra. may have to go to the gym on sunday. Usually sunday is my day off and Sat too if I don't have a walk to do. Trying to get as much walking outside on weekends as I can before the heat arrives because then I will be hibernating till cool weather comes back.
  • Thanks!
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    I had a horrible headache all day long, however, I did walk a little over two miles this morning on my dreadmill. I also went to work. Now, I just want to go to bed! I hope you're all doing well.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    only 1 mile today :) Keep it up- we're in the home stretch!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    I had a horrible headache all day long, however, I did walk a little over two miles this morning on my dreadmill. I also went to work. Now, I just want to go to bed! I hope you're all doing well.

I hope you're feeling better!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Did 3 miles with Leslie Sansone and also 2 miles as part of my Couch to 5K training yesterday and have just walked into town and back today = 1.5miles. Planning on doing another 3-4 miles (Leslie Sansone dvd) today.

Updating my ticker!

LouiseXXX

Updated and I only have 2 miles to do!!!!!! Okay, most of mine has been using walking dvds but the weather here in the UK is not the best. I've really enjoyed this challenge. Hope we do another one in March???
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    I can add on about 2 more miles from the day before, walking to work and another 3 miles for work tonight. :)
  • CricketKate
    Got 2500 steps in today while waiting for my daughter at speech therapy.:happy:
  • 4 miles in today. If I can keep that up for the rest of the month I should be real close to my goal.
  • looby1968
    Whoohoo!!! I've hit my goal!!! Thank you so much for this challenge, it has given me the incentive to do some kind of walk EVERYDAY.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I missed the last few days, but I did that 5 mile walk and then I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred the next day...I was beat! lol

I started a new thread for March, so if your up for it here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/180991-march-walking-challenge-join-in

Hope to see you all there :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    I got 3.5 miles in yesterday. I'm cutting it close but I will do it. I'll see you all in the March challenge! :) Happy Friday!
  • Whoohoo!!! I've hit my goal!!! Thank you so much for this challenge, it has given me the incentive to do some kind of walk EVERYDAY.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

LouiseXXX

Awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • sassyshelley
    sassyshelley Posts: 90 Member
    I so did not come close to my goal!
  • Did 4 miles again today. Probably more with all the walking I did while doing errands. I don't count those though. Plan to do 3 miles in a 5K walk for the Rape Crisis Center. If I get to the gym on Sunday I should make my goal this month. It's like cramming for a test to get all my miles in for my goal. I'll be in on the March one irregardless if I make my goals or not.
  • looby1968
    Did a muddy, puddly walk with my brother and sis-in-law. 4.5 miles, took us 90 mins (with a stop halfway at a pub for a hot drink!). A beautiful sunny day. Looking forward to Spring now!!!

LouiseXXX
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Yeah!! I made my goal this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Virgo, for this challenge. I have never been able to sustain a consistant exercise program. I will be 60 this year so you would think that I would have mastered it before now! However, your challenge has kept me going and while my goal was small (only 28 miles), it is a biggie to me that I made it. I'll see you all in the March challenge! :happy:
  • CricketKate
    Yeah!! I made my goal this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Virgo, for this challenge. I have never been able to sustain a consistant exercise program. I will be 60 this year so you would think that I would have mastered it before now! However, your challenge has kept me going and while my goal was small (only 28 miles), it is a biggie to me that I made it. I'll see you all in the March challenge! :happy:

Fantastic job making your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Way to go, Everyone who has made their goals this month. I didn't come anywhere close to mine. I did get 15 minutes around the island today. We were racing cats.:laugh:
  • CricketKate
    I got 3 miles in today!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.