A decent generic Circuit for beginner and intermediates

Options
2»

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    O.K., it worked doing that and I know exactly what you are talking about. Thanks.
  • kspedsrn
    kspedsrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this!! I have been getting bored and distracted so this should be something I can do...One question should I still do that cardio after regardless??? I also read another post of your and went to my quiet place and changed my goals and up'ed my calories..I hope these 2 things will help me get some weight off :)
    Thanks for posting!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this!! I have been getting bored and distracted so this should be something I can do...One question should I still do that cardio after regardless??? I also read another post of your and went to my quiet place and changed my goals and up'ed my calories..I hope these 2 things will help me get some weight off :)
    Thanks for posting!!!

If you can do a cardio workout after this, then more power to you. But if you work as hard as you should, any cardio you do after this workout, will probably be very short. And make sure before you do, eat something as this is very taxing and you'll need a protein infusion (and carbohydrate, and electrolyte) to keep your body from canabalizing muscle. Remember, the idea is that EVERY 1 minute work session should be as close to the maximum capacity as can be. I set it up specifically so that you're working alternate muscle groups, which will allow you to work each muscle group to failure and still have time to recover for the next exercise for that muscle. This is based on something called active recovery. I.E. recover one muscle group while working another.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Options
    Ok!! I will skip the cardio after and just do this: Thanks for getting back to I will let you know how it goes!!!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Options
    I googled dumbbell Biceps curl – triceps extension and I am not sure how you want this done... I guess bicep curl then lift and do tricep ext?? Is this right??
    Would consider doing a video demo of this circuit???
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I googled dumbbell Biceps curl – triceps extension and I am not sure how you want this done... I guess bicep curl then lift and do tricep ext?? Is this right??
    Would consider doing a video demo of this circuit???

I doubt I'd want to demo the whole thing, but I can show you the one move that you are looking for.

here is a triceps kickback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqn0J27xQ8U

to do a combo, instead of leaning all the way down, you lean down about half way and at the bottom of the kickback (when the dumbbell is closest to the floor) turn your hand so that it's palm out and do a biceps curl while still keeping your upper arm locked to your side. It takes a little practice to get it right, but it's an easy form once you get it.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Options
    Much easier than I expected..Thank you for getting back to me:wink:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Hey, don't say can't, do you KNOW you can't run? Even if it's only for 15 or 20 seconds of the minute. You want to go as hard as possible in this routine, so if you really can't run even a tiny bit, then walk as fast as you can (this is a rhetorical statement, you don't have to answer if it makes you feel uncomfortable). You can do almost anything for 20 seconds. :wink:

Totally agree with this. Don't say can't because you definitely CAN. Do what you can and repeat this is the way to build to more/longer. Trust me if I can do 30 day shred circuits at 290-300 lbs ANYONE can do this unless they have a physician telling them otherwise. It's mostly excuses and negative self talk.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well I gave this circuit training a shot on Saturday, and I made it,.... up to the point where I was supposed to run on the treadmill. Didn't quite make it to that point as been having some leg and knee issues and didn't want to push it. So, I kind of modified it to my situation and made it two rounds before I switched back to my regular routine. Hardest part for me was the planks - my whole body was shaking.
    So, I've got the info stored in my gym bag, and will try it again when I'm feeling the need for a challenge and a change... Will keep trying that running thing once my leg and knee get back to a more normal state