Health or Vanity?

2»

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Usually, I'd be 100% vanity, but since we might be trying for a baby in 6 months or so, now I've moved to 50% heath and 50% vanity (not wanting to be a "giant" pregnant lady!) ;o)
  • I'm on probably 98% vanity at the moment. I think I'm pretty healthy to be honest, and my extra weight hasn't caused me any problems at all thus far. 2% for just making sure I'm light enough to keep my knees happy (I used to have issues with them)? I'm a terrible person, basically.
  • mt_nest
    mt_nest Posts: 37 Member
    I love this question because it's the same conversation I have with myself every morning when I'm trying to get motivated to put everything I have into my exercise routine. Thing is, I'm focusing on being more modest and sprititual these days, so my motivation to look good in a bikini or low rise jeans shouldn't be my main motivation. However, I'm still struggling with that. I don't know how to get motivated if that's not my main goal.
  • Neither.

Pedalling a bike up hill is a whole lot easier if one isn't carrying enough stored energy to pedal from here to Tierra Del Fuego.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    6 months ago I would have said 100% health.
    (and not so much even about right now but I see what my parent and their friend have gone thru I don't want to be in that state when I'm 80)

But now that I've surpassed the amount of weight my doctor wanted me to lose I wonder If maybe I could lose another, 5 10, 15 pounds? 50 is not too old to be hot is it?

Okay, now I'll say 80% health 20% vanity
This discussion has been closed.