I failed and drank....

2»

Replies

• neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    I also meant to say... you're right that an ED or any type of extreme diet/habits do not work in the long run. As fast as it is to take the weight off is how fast it will come back. You should try to look at the small picture instead of the big picture. "Nothing good comes easily." (or quickly). :smile: It's all about lifestyle choices, and if you are doing your best to stay healthy, then you will be healthy. As you know, an ED is not about a healthy lifestyle and can't bring you a fit body or a happy life.
  • I just don't ever think I will succeed. I honestly think I am addicted to food now. Is that possible? lol
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    It sounds to me like you have a pretty negative attitude. In order to successed at this you need to turn that around. Quite feeling sorry for your self for being over weight and accept that you are and that you need to do some thing about it. Then realize it's going to take time and work. There are people on here who have lost over a hundred pounds and beleave me they had to work their buts off. If they can work that hard you should beable to work hard enough to lose 30. You are young and it's a heck of a lot easier to do when your 21 than 30.

Just keep your chin up and get to work. Yesterday was yesterday and there is always a new tomorrow. And that's what we're living for. Tomorrow.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I didn't read all the posts, just your original one so sorry if I am repeating anything.

1. You are GORGEOUS. seriously, your eyes and hair are amazing in that photo!
    2. 30 pounds might sound like a ton but it's not as bad as you think. I started out with 60 pounds to lose and now i'm almost there! try splitting your goal into mini goals (like 5 pounds) and when you reach each goal, do something nice for yourself (like a manicure, or a new outfit)
    3. cheating is normal, we all do it. Just try not to do it everyday. When it happens you just need to accept it and move on because dwelling on it will just make you want to give up.
    4. your beautiful baby deserves a mom that is healthy and loves herself. And you can be that person, and we are all here to help! :flowerforyou:
  • I have a question for you, and I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but it's something to think about. Are you wanting to get back to the weight you were WHILE you had an ED? If so, that probably isn't a healthy weight for you. You most likely put on a lot of weight quickly after becoming pregnant because you body knew where it needed to be to do what it had to do. If not, I would second the nutritionist idea. Your metabolism and hormones, etc. are probably all messed up from the combination of being in starvation mode and them jumping into pregnancy.

And, remember that your body might not ever be exactly the same as it was. Giving birth is a huge thing that does change the way your body works. And if you never get all the way back, don't fell bad about it. Realize how AMAZING your body is, look at the wonderful life you were able to create with your body and love yourself for it, even if you're a few pounds heavier than you were before. Think of everything that has changed as little reminders of what you've accomplished :)

You asked if you could be addicted to food. If you were anorexic before, you may have an addictive personality, especially towards food. Talking to a therapist that specialized in ED might help. You can also try and have fun by doing things that don't center around food. Instead of going to a restaurant, try bowling or mini-golf or a movie.

And remember as everyone has said, everyone has bad days, you just can't dwell on them. Just accept them and try to make the next day better!