Who is starting 30 day shred??? What to do it together?

Options
I started the level 1 today and it kicked my butt. Wanted to see if anyone else wants to do this together. Let me know .:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kayelkay
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few days now, but I'm still on level 1
  • kayelkay
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few days now, but I'm still on level 1
  • lilcrittert
    Options
    I plan to start March 1st. I watched it today while sitting back on the sofa relaxing :bigsmile: .....looks doable....but you know what they say, looks are deceiving!!!! I'm sure it'll kick my butt pretty hard. Can't wait!!!!
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy the dvd tommorow! Hope it kicks my butt ;)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    what is 30 day shred?
  • GettingFit45
    GettingFit45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on lvl1 day 5 (in a row...really day 7 but didn't realize I had to do it 10 days in a row so I'm day 5 in a row lol).

It is kickin my butt too. I'm realllly out of shape. I can't use 3lbs on the squat/press. I use cans instead at 1lb each.

I did notice today was better stamina wise! :smile:
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Lets all do it together.....Would be great support for eachother...Since we are all within days of starting we all will be able to see everyones results....Ill start a blog if everyone would like to add me as a friend and I will post daily my time and calories burned...You guys can add comments with your results. I get my HRM tommorrow so for right now I am just using the Circuit training general in the exercise diary. Sound good ladies?
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on march 1st :) I've had the DVD for a while, but I'm just getting around to starting it
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    what is 30 day shred?

Three well-structured aero/tone interval workouts led by “The Biggest Loser” trainer. These fast-paced exercises will keep you burning fat as you sculpt muscle. The programs build in intensity; you can start with the intermediate level and work up to the advanced program (it’s tough! — moves like plyo-lunges and traveling pushups). Each workout has three “cycles.” Each cycle starts with three minutes of multi-muscle and isolated strength training. Then it’s two minutes of non-dancy kickbox and athletic-style cardio. That’s followed by one minute of classic abwork (then — no rest — you’ll immediately start a new cycle). Like on the TV show, Jillian is both demanding and supportive. Requires 3 to 5 lb. dumbbells

Here is a link to see a preview: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-7963
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do this dvd but not daily. I've seen results with 3 days a week and cardio on other days. Good luck! It really does get your endurance, stamina and strength up.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I do this dvd but not daily. I've seen results with 3 days a week and cardio on other days. Good luck! It really does get your endurance, stamina and strength up.

Feel free to join us I have it on my blog also....
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I also think it would be a good idea to do our measurements.....
    Waist, hips, bust, left and rightbiceps, left and right triceps, left and right thighs, left and right calves., and our weight..I got mine measured and im usuing my weight in that I do weekly......again post in my blog so we can see everyones results weekly. If I havent friended you please friend me ......Hear from everyone soon!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I also think it would be a good idea to do our measurements.....
    Waist, hips, bust, left and rightbiceps, left and right triceps, left and right thighs, left and right calves., and our weight..I got mine measured and im usuing my weight in that I do weekly......again post in my blog so we can see everyones results weekly. If I havent friended you please friend me ......Hear from everyone soon!

Instead of going through my blog I got a link for everyone to put in their information. MFP blogs was not working so I went to this. Which I think its going to be easier on all of us.....Here you go guys, I already put my info in......
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoUhoBdqZkoWdEFLWnJJLWpFT0pKdWxUVmpCNFhlR0E&hl=en&authkey=CPu7qewB
    Once we get everyone in Ill put the other dates in below the names....if you have any questions or concerns please please please ask....:flowerforyou:
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did this 2 days running last week and MUST start again. I don't think I'll do it every day, but it certainly got my quads working!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Today will be day 6 for me. I took a few days off, so today will probably be harder than it should. I don't know if I've lost any yet because I dont own a scale..doh! But I can definetly see a difference in my endurance and strength. I hope you like Jumping Jacks! haha.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good Idea.

Day Two for me today-will be doing level 1 for 10 days.
    I loved the workout and got through it,but the front of my thighs are killing..it must be working
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Today i begin L1D5....ill add u so we can keep each other motivated
  • Mrbsmissis
    Options
    Today will be day 6 for me. I took a few days off, so today will probably be harder than it should. I don't know if I've lost any yet because I dont own a scale..doh! But I can definetly see a difference in my endurance and strength. I hope you like Jumping Jacks! haha.

I am also on day 6 today and have seen a massive difference in fitness, my legs are definately feeling the burn! I love this workout!
  • lscorpion269
    lscorpion269 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting on March 1. I'm going to need some major motivation. I did an, ahem, trial run if you will, the other day and thought I was going to die about 10 minutes in. This is going to be extremely hard for me.
    Should I also be doing some cardio outside of the video or should it be enough atleast to start off with? I should mention that I'm doing about 30minutes of pilates aprox 3-4days a week, should I discontinue this for a while or would it be ok to keep doing that as well?
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I'm planning on starting on March 1. I'm going to need some major motivation. I did an, ahem, trial run if you will, the other day and thought I was going to die about 10 minutes in. This is going to be extremely hard for me.
    Should I also be doing some cardio outside of the video or should it be enough atleast to start off with? I should mention that I'm doing about 30minutes of pilates aprox 3-4days a week, should I discontinue this for a while or would it be ok to keep doing that as well?
    If you feel you can do cardio on other days go ahead, Just be careful and no injuries...I have been doing cardio and it still kicked my butt...lol