"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options

Replies

• ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Anyone mind if I post extra measurements?
    I was thinking of doing.

Bust
    Under bust
    Waist(Narrowest part)
    Stomach(Belly button)
    Hips(widest part)
    Thigh.
    Arm

I used to do calf and forearm as well so might put those in too.

Doing it tonight, my boyfriend might do it with me too but he won't be measuring!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am really wanting to give 30day Shred a try! I have read so many positive posts and great results! Where did everyone pick up their copy? Just curious....does Wally World have it? Thanks yall and good luck!

I got mine at Target with a gift card I got for Christmas it was just under $10. I love it and have lost 7 inches without even doing it daily(Only 3 days a week). I'm going to do 6 days a week with this challenge. Walmart has them also.

I had two $25 gift cards from my best friend and her parents. I got Jillian's 30 Day Shred and her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism plus Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior(man is it tough even more so than 30 Day Shred I think) and 2 3 lb hand weights with the gift cards and had about $1.85 or so left.
  • shedthem
    Options
    Still have to go buy one. I think I am also going to do Shred with weights. Can't fine the weights for sale any where but on-line. Anybody know where they have them??? (kettlebells)
  • ShrinkinMel
    Options
    Still have to go buy one. I think I am also going to do Shred with weights. Can't fine the weights for sale any where but on-line. Anybody know where they have them??? (kettlebells)

you use regular hand weights. Target and Walmart have them for a few bucks each. We don't use the kettlebell on 30 Day Shred.
  • ShrinkinMel
    Options
    RosiG I have been tracking mine as circuit training as well.

I got my level 1 day 1 in today. I had got up to level 2 earlier this month but went a week of flu/cold virus without doing it so reverted back to level 1.

Measurements are embarrassing but here goes:
    chest/bust(around at middle of the girls) - 46
    arms - 18
    waist(I measure the largest part of my belly actually) - 47
    hips - 57
    thigh 31

In the last 2 months these are all ready down from where I started so yes this works even without doing it everyday. :)
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Just completed Level 1 Day 1. Well, technicallyfor me it was Day 3. I want to let all the new shredders know that JM does not do enough stretching at the end of her workouts. So be sure to add at least 5-10 minutes for additional stretching to avoid pain and cramping later on!

I want to post my pre-Shred #s so I have something to compare it to later. So as of yesterday:
    CW: 182
    Neck: 13"
    Bust: 40"
    Waist: 41"
    Hips (including pooch): 47.75"
    Right Bicep: 12.5"
    Left Bicep: 12.75"
    Right Thigh: 28.5"
    Left Thigh: 29.5"
    Right Ankle: 10.25"
    Left Ankle: 10.25"
  • jessielg
    jessielg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Started the day well with a really hard spin class and then managed to get through a work day without eating chocolate, biscuits etc.

My Starting Measurements are:

Chest: 37"
    Arm: 12."
    Waist: 30"
    Hips: 38.5
    Thigh: 21
    How often are we measuring?

Starting weight of 150lbs and height 5ft 6''. I want to loss 2lbs per week and aiming for a weight loss of 14lbs before 21st April.

Had my hair cut and coloured today so I feeling good.

About to complete my food diary........... not sure what I'm doing yet so might be back for some advice.
  • MrsKAddy
    MrsKAddy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get some help doing my measurements! LOL! But plan to start the shred tomorrow. I will however do my 60 minutes of dance/aerobics tonight at the gym!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    What Exactly Should You Measure?

The most common measurements include the circumference of your chest, biceps, waist, hips and thighs. Sometimes the neck, forearm and calf are also measured.

Chest: Measure around the largest part of your chest.

Biceps: Measure midway between the top of your shoulder and elbow.

Waist: Measure at the narrowest point, approximately one inch above your belly button. No cheating! Don't pull in your belly or stick it out. If you bend to the side the crease when bending is your tru waist.

Hips: Measure your hips around the largest part of your buttocks with your heels together.

Thigh: Thighs are measured separately. Stand with your legs slightly apart. Measure your upper leg where the circumference is largest.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    love the new name! I was wondering what part of the chest we were measuring. Bust? above bust? under bust?

Me too! Bust..right smack in the middle:)

Ok cool! Do we just post it here?

Yeppers...post it on here :)
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Well i did my first day yesterday, and MAN OH MAN I am SOOOOOOOO sore!!!!! good luck to you women starting today, i've got to really stretch before I try it again today LOL. Im sure ill be cursing heavy today at Jillian for kicking my butt......

No pain no gain, right? lol Good for you! I'll be cursing her too:)
  • pertilera
    Options
    Count me in! I was planning on beginning it this week. I have done level one a couple of times and parts of it were pretty tough. However, I have never met a push-up that I got along with in the past...
  • rtmpmm
    Options
    Day 1 Done!!!

Measurements:

Bust: 35
    Waist: 30
    Hips: 40
    arm: 12.5
    thigh: 23

Current weight: 143
    Goal Weight: 129
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine from eBay over the weekend. I am IN too! Should have my DVD in the next day or so. :-)

Will take my measurements tonight and post them tomorrow.
  • sarainca
    Options
    I'll be starting up when I get home from work!

Here are my measurements:

waist 38
    hips 45.5
    left thigh 25
    right thigh 26
    right arm 14.5
    left arm 14
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Day 6 for me, has anyone noticed any weight gain(muscle probably) while doing the dvd?
  • Wmn1120
    Options
    costco has 30 Day Shred for $7.99!
  • knikkiola
    knikkiola Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hey, im literally just about to start sooo. excited!! ( but aso slightly scared lol)

Start Weight

116lbs

My measurements:

Bust: 44"
    waist: 38"
    Stomach: 43"
    Hips: 47"
    Arm: 15"
    Thigh: 29"

Im determined these numbers are gonna get smaller lol

Right.. Lets go!!
  • RoxyStarr
    RoxyStarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Going to do day2 level 1 later tonight since i started it yesterday. But I will be posting my measurements up here with the rest of you later today. I will be taking progress pics as well so I'll probably post them up either at the end of the 30 days or when i start seeing results...we'll see. Hope we all see results!! :smile:
  • erikamt
    Options
    I just started This morning. I am in!