February Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    Got in my first double digit run today!! 10.5 miles!

exercise.png
  • KCmom
    Options
    Ran 5.6 miles this morning!! Yahoo - met my goal!:drinker:

exercise.png

Congratulations, KCmom!

Thanks, Gehlerc!!! I'll have to up my mileage for March!! :-))
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I can do 27 miles tomorrow, right?! :grumble:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Okay My goal is 75 miles for the month of March !!!
    excited as this will be my first time!

sibalola, can you please post your goal for march in the march thread???
    thanks,
    denise
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Im in for March too! Have a question - I am headed out to Utah for a week to go skiing - any tips on how to log my time skiing for the challenge? I know I won't be able to run when I am out there. Would appreciate any ideas so I can acurately set a goal. Thanks!!!:)

@onawhymm -- If you have either an Android cell phone (like I have) or an iPhone, there are apps that can track distance & elevation via GPS built into the phones. The app I use is RunKeeper Pro, but there are other apps that have the same functionality as well like iMapMyRun and possibly CardioTrainer.

I turn it on at the beginning of my skiiing and leave it on until I'm done. I bring a compact charger cord as my battery usually needs a bump midway through the day. Then whatever it says the total mileage is, I subract slightly less than half of the miles from the total it recorded to extract the miles covered sitting on the chairlift. The reason I don't use exactly half is because the chairlift travels in a perfectly straight line whereas when I ski, the trails are rarely ever straight...not to mention the zig-zagging that is naturally a part of making S-turns while skiing

If you don't have a cell phone capable of utilizing these apps or with a GPS receiver, you could try going to a Sporting Goods store and picking up a hand-held GPS unit or a Garmin Forerunner GPS (like a wristwatch).

Hope this helps!
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Added 3.0 more miles running today! Will add a couple more tomorrow too...5 would be nice so I could have a nice round 100. :)

I'm in for March too! My goal is 75 miles.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has reached their goal. :flowerforyou: Keep working on it, to those who have not quite reach it this month. This includes me. I walked a total of 25 miles this month. My goal was to walk 40 miles. Onward tomorrow is a new month and a new goal to reach for.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    10.8 stationary bike
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Total for the month...129.1 :ohwell: I doubt I'll be able to add to it tonight.

Bring on March!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    skinnyack wrote:

tried Galloway method for my big run yesterday. My calves don't hurt! woohhooo!

I googled the term. Turned out that 'Galloway method' is a very cool way to describe runs with walking intervals. I like this :happy:

@ toots: since when is moving 130 miles in a month not good enough?:noway:

Went for a run this evening in my new shoes. I struggled to the end just to reach my february goal :drinker: , but my ankles are killing me now and I have blisters on the balls of both my feet :mad: I'm going back to the NB store tomorrow to ask for a replacement and they better give me something, or else :explode: :explode:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI, last walk for February and its another 4 miles to add, see you all in the March Challenge :laugh:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    final stats listed below 2.31 miles today. rested yesterday
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Oh and Congats Everyone! Big shout out to all of you Wonderful Movers!!!! Let's rock out March Madness:)
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Went for a run this evening in my new shoes. I struggled to the end just to reach my february goal :drinker: , but my ankles are killing me now and I have blisters on the balls of both my feet :mad: I'm going back to the NB store tomorrow to ask for a replacement and they better give me something, or else :explode: :explode:

Dinos--Congratulations on making your goal! You really sacrificed to do so. Here's hoping your blisters heal quickly and your ankles are totally recovered very soon.

And if those people at the NB store give you any trouble, tell them that you're well-connected (to all of us) and we're a pretty tough crowd. :angry:
  • KCmom
    Options
    Last entry for February! 5 miles on the bike! Ready for the March Challenge, with March's goal at 130 miles! :huh:

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles at lunch...updated siggie but i've got more at the YMCA later tonight after the runts go to bed.....i'll update my siggie and look for an awesome chart showing everyones amazing finishes....you all have done soooo awesome and i'm glad "we" have stuck together for 3 months now....onto march...
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I made it - and ALL 100 MILES on Foot!!! Did my 3 mile C25K this morning - then mid-day did the beach walk for 2 miles. Later at about 5:30 pm I walked another 4 miles on the road until almost dark. Thinking about taking tomorrow as a day off!!!!! :)
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Darkrider 42 -

THANKS so much for this!!! In fact I do have an IPhone (which is my Bahamian cell phone but I think it should work when I am in Utah.) If not - my friend I am skiing with has a GPS app on his so I can make him my secretary! I also checked out some info on line and learned that some of the places we will be skiing have distances for some runs on their maps - more work - but it should give an idea.

I used to ski (way back) about 100-120 days per year. Then life happened and then I moved to the islands so sadly I have not skiied in 8 years!!!!! I am really looking forward to this trip and been working hard to get my hams in shape for some churning and burning runs!!!! Still have about 3 weeks left before the trip..............

Again - I appredcaite your feedback a lot! Thanks :)

That said - I think I will post my March Move My *kitten* goal at 80- miles - just in case!...............................I have too many margaritas apres' ski!

Cheers!
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Will add a couple more tomorrow too...5 would be nice so I could have a nice round 100. :)

Wished...and GRANTED! :happy: Added 5 more miles for a cool 100!!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    2 more miles walking/jogging on the treadmill.

Passed my highest goal yet during the shortest month :drinker:

See you all for the March Move Your *kitten* Challenge!!!!