Team UK - March 2011

Options
Where on earth did February go?! Crazy!

Here is a March thread for all you lovely UK-ers on here :)

xxxx

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning :smile:

February just flew by!

March is shaping up to be a bad month already, not only am I turning 30 :sad: I also have to purchase two new tyres instead of a nice outfit for my birthday party!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    One thing I love about March - We are one month closer to summer and hopefully a sign that the gas bill is going down! (although you never know with the weather here in Northern Ireland!!)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Happy March! The days are getting longer & Summer's on its way :glasses:

Another 5 down in March should see me almost at goal.....

Sue :smile: x
  • anawrecksic
    Options
    I have a long way to go for goal... over 90lb, but i am hopinh that a 5-10lb loss this month will get me out of the 240s...
  • lynz4589
    Options
    Good luck on reaching your goal this month Sue!

I still have about 80lbs to go if not more, but my aim this month is anything over 8lb that way I will hit my 2 stone loss!!
  • anawrecksic
    Options
    Coolies lynz, if i hit 8lb i will reach my 2nd goal.

and that would be 38lbs off :) so almost 3 stone
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hi guys, i'm quite new to the community side of this place so thought i'd say hi. its nice to know where i can find some fellow uk users to have a natter with. hope everyone has a good month and reaches any goals they have set

ruthie x
  • lynz4589
    Options
    hey Ruthie, welcome! Completely agree lovely to chat to fellow UK members! Im still quite new here myself but the forum has proved invaluble for me the last month!
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy March to you all!

Despite spending lots of time catching up with friends which involved alcohol and pathetic resistance on my part to nibbling nice food, February saw me hit the first of my targets (dropping down a BMI classification) so iin the end t was a good month for me.

This month's challenge is to support my hubbie who is running the marathon next month and wants to lost 7-14lbs before the big race. We've decided that there'll be no alcohol at home (so no Friday night glass of red on a Friday night!) and we will stop the 'home-from-work-and-starving-dinner-hours-away-much-snack-NOW!!!" problem we have. I'm hoping I'll be able to plan what we'll eat a bit more and try and make sure we eat a little earlier to stop us snacking.

As a reward I'd like to drop at least another 3lbs which will see me hit mini-target 2 and be 25% towards my goal.

Hope we have fun along the way together!
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    Hi can I join your thread :D xxx
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    but it was only Chrimbo the other day, what the hell happened?? How can it be March already? Something odd's going on!!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Irns thank you for setting this months forum up.

Irns I still can't see your blog when I type it in it says blog not found?? :huh:

chazsucks , ruthie and lynz hello to you all.

I've had a really really bad week foodwise, just lost control along the way and done a lot of bingeing. All been linked to some sad news within the family and me comfort eating :sad: :sad: :sad:

But today I am moving forward and hopefully will lose any weight I've gained. I've made my diary private again for the moment so any friends out there please don't take offence. My history of eating disorders makes me feel vulnerable at the best of times and when my foods out of control its even worse. Its something I prefer to cope with with a private diary where I WILL log it all and keep honest with myself.

Anyway enough about me :smile: I've been here so many times before and know exactly what to do :smile:

So glad to have you all on here where we can all share.

Have a good month everyone.

My target will hopefully be to lose another pound then I'm only 1lb from goal.
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi all. Bad week for me - sorry northerners but a weekend in the spa with wine and food, coupled to it being a bad week of the month to lose weight wasn't a good combination.

Phinners - I'm with you!! Can't believe it's March already. But it's a beautiful day here in NI so it's trying to feel like spring anyway!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to eat well after half-term (I'm a teacher). Ate a whole bag of really bad, cheap, Christmas chocolate, having carefully counted and portioned them out so I wouldn't do exactly that! They were so not worth 400-odd calories!

Realised the big bonus of being back to size 10: the charity shops are my oyster :laugh: A lot of the best stuff is a 10, perhaps because people keep growing out of them. Also, I'm not a 10 on paper, so only some will probably fit, so at a charity shop you can access lots of different shops' size 10s at the same time :bigsmile:
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have to admit February was a bit of a write-off - I went to two 30th birthday weekends at either end of the month, which involved muchos alcohol and snacks, and was ill in the middle of the month! Haven't managed to exercise for over 2 weeks, and have hardly left the house recently due to working from home, and having so much work to catch up on from when I was ill!

I'm going to start again, with a run tomorrow morning, and I'm going to try and avoid drinking during the week (first hurdle is tomorrow night, when I'm at a work event with free booze!)

Hope everyone is being a bit more successful than me...

El.x
  • James_H
    James_H Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello everyone... not sure where I want to go with March, in Feb I set myself a goal to get down to a normal BMI, which I achieved...

I suppose I'd like to lose 4 more lbs - 1 a week ought to be ok, right?
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello - newbe - is this for all UK MFP's or is this for a specific challenge?
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey UK peeps :-)

where is the year going?!
    March is a good month.. hopefully get better weather (though I am in Scotland, so doubtful!), lighter evenings, my birthday..
    ...oooh and 2 and half months till I get married!!

Time to get back on track even more so, weight not budged in about a month.. but wedding dress fitting this week so maintaining is good enugh for me at the mo!

Happy march all :-)
    xx
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i've posted once or twice before, but thought i'd try and make more effort, especially as i'm really struggling food wise at the moment. I seem to be ravenous the past week, maybe something to do with getting over a pretty rough chest infection that lasted a month. Hopefully my appetite will decrease a bit.

Good luck in reaching your goals this month all! Feel free to friend me if you want, it's always nice to have that support network.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... not sure where I want to go with March, in Feb I set myself a goal to get down to a normal BMI, which I achieved...

I suppose I'd like to lose 4 more lbs - 1 a week ought to be ok, right?

Sounds like a good plan: fast enough that you can feel satisfied with your success but slow enough that you won't fade into nothingness by mistake:wink: