Top workout Dvd's of the year per Fitness Mag

Options
2»

Replies

• blittle40
    Options
    hey yoga runner...Im with ya on that one...
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am shocked that P90X, Turbo Fire, Insanity, and some other Beach Body workouts were not inclueded on that list. What was the basis of the study? Did it look at both retail and on line sales? Just wondering.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I'm not to sure what they based it on... I figuered maybe sales but px90 is super popular and so are couple other ones. I'll lookup the beach body ones though i'm need something new. I'm getting bored with what i have.
  • mountain_girl28
    Options
    I agree......I have alot of friends that have done P90x and other beach body videos with amazing results. I have slim in 6 that I am gonna start from beach body.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, Kelli :-)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It was based on the "latest releases" that's probably why the beach body ones aren't on there.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • 18HeatherF
    18HeatherF Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks For posting this!! I think i'll try the 6 week 6 pack. I've heard it's good. I have it on my Exercise TV. JM is no Joke!!
    Heather
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Thanks For posting this!! I think i'll try the 6 week 6 pack. I've heard it's good. I have it on my Exercise TV. JM is no Joke!!
    Heather

Im gonna pick up too along with thw 30 shred everyone is raving about.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It was based on the "latest releases" that's probably why the beach body ones aren't on there.

Beach Body should still be on there due to Insanity, Turbo Fire, Body Gospel & Chalene Extreme
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    can someone post the link to the article from fitness mag please....
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I have the Six Week Six Pack and it is a great workout. In fact, our gym has core classes and I think Jillian's workout is much harder!
  • Makers72
    Options
    Yoga runner i agree completely. P90x is BY FAR ahead of everyone in sales. They hold record sales for QVC, Home Shopping Network, as well as top seller at the arnold fitness classic in 2010 (coming up next weekend for 2011)
  • Carru1
    Carru1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The fact that they don't have ONE Beachbody workout on this list tells me they were not thorough in their research.

I agree with you. Actually, I haven't even heard of ANY of those videos except for the Jillian Michaels one. Surprised that the Walk Away the Pounds one isn't on their either

I LOVE the walk away the pounds videos!!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    can someone post the link to the article from fitness mag please....

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/gear/dvds/best-workout-dvds-2011/
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I am shocked that P90X, Turbo Fire, Insanity, and some other Beach Body workouts were not inclueded on that list. What was the basis of the study? Did it look at both retail and on line sales? Just wondering.

Got to wonder. Maybe Biggest Loser paid for the research. Gasp!
  • exercisesucks
    Options

Got to wonder. Maybe Biggest Loser paid for the research. Gasp!

As usual the fix is in.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Funny considering NONE of those are used here on MFP other than the rare person doing the JM 6-pack one.

Fitness is a life-change and most people aren’t willing to invest $100+ for Beachbody workouts. Too bad everyone is buying from the discount bin, lol!