It is Saturday night....and here we all are....

Options
Anyone else feel old? I used to be young and cool.....

Now I have a husband, 3 beautiful children, a house, a job, a mortgage and a cross-over (its NOT a minivan!). And its Saturday night.... sitting on the couch, watching a movie and surfing on the MacBook.

Could be out having some drinks, dancing, or being crazy and stupid....but what fun would that be? Couldnt compare to homemade tacos and kisses good night from the baby :laugh: :laugh:

Just ramblings from the old lady....

What are the rest of you doing here??
:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ali

Replies

• alimassa
    Options
    Anyone else feel old? I used to be young and cool.....

Now I have a husband, 3 beautiful children, a house, a job, a mortgage and a cross-over (its NOT a minivan!). And its Saturday night.... sitting on the couch, watching a movie and surfing on the MacBook.

Could be out having some drinks, dancing, or being crazy and stupid....but what fun would that be? Couldnt compare to homemade tacos and kisses good night from the baby :laugh: :laugh:

Just ramblings from the old lady....

What are the rest of you doing here??
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ali
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Same here, except sent the hubby to the store for some dessert, did the elliptical today and swam so I deserve it, plus the 5 kids think they can't go without ice cream before bed.

Haven't been out for drinks in ages, at least it feels that way. Between school, soccer, boy scouts, and little one's at home, once the weekend gets here, just too tired.

Have a great night everyone :drinker:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    that sounds like me. watching a movie, the kids playing (and arguing), and their nice goodnite kisses. What could be better than that?:smile:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Sitting in an open bay dorm with 65 inmates who are all on phych meds. woohoo! Its kinda fun though, u can have three different conversations with three different people and only have one guy standing in front of you the whole time.:laugh:
  • alimassa
    Options
    Kinda like talking to women! :laugh: :laugh: I have been told I have many personalities myself!

Ali
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    im not old,,, okay maybe i am a little old... but I am waiting for a friend to come over:bigsmile: ..... a really goooooood friend LOL
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    yep, I am old and kinda cranky today too.

Oh well, MISS YOU
  • susan62
    Options
    Thanking God for my rowdy grandkids right now.:laugh: and for letting me find this great site and meet such wonderful people. I haven't been out in years and actually have no desire to. I have social anxiety disorder so getting me to the grocery store takes a sedative.:laugh:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    CANT WAIT FOR U POST THE PICTURES:laugh:
  • alimassa
    Options

Pictures...I dont know what pictures you speak off :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm only 21 and I already feel old. :sad:
    People OLDER than me at work give me slack about it! They're all around 23, and they go out way more than I do, and always say, "You're young, you only live once, go out with us! You need to party!" And I say..."Well if I wasn't at work 26 hrs a week and in class 17 hrs a week and in the gym 10 hrs a week and studying or sleeping for the rest of it...then maybe I'd have time for this thing called a 'life'.":grumble: All I want to do when I get home is sit down for a little bit and read my forums lol...I have absolutely no motivation to lose out on valuable sleep just to watch other people get drunk.:tongue:
  • jackeh
    Options

Pictures...I dont know what pictures you speak off :laugh: :laugh:

Ali

yes i want to know who has pictures .... LOL i hope its not pics of me and my "friend" :laugh:
  • jackeh
    Options
    hiccup
  • Joselem
    Options
    yes here we are all together... I had a long shift 12 hour days... arrived home to my pooch... who has been holding her bladder all day... hubby out of town kids out for the night... so its me, the tv and GRACIE. Well here I go bored as usual... grab a handful of trail mix, share a can of ham with the dog (Na+++), then popcorn with butter and, yes AND frozen pralines yogourt! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh I did good all day! But totally blew tonight... 1000 OVER! I guess I will work that off on the weight bench tomorrow! Thanks for all the support though! Appreciate it!
  • alimassa
    Options
    hiccup

Hiccup?? Jackeh you drinking on us??:drinker: :laugh:
  • jackeh
    Options
    hiccup

i wish i was drinking:grumble:
  • Joselem
    Options
    Feeling old is just our imagination playing mindgames with us! WE reap from experience! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hee Heee
  • alimassa
    Options
    hiccup

I wish I had a drink.... and a cupcake.... I wanna cupcake. With frosting.... Wait, what was the question?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    hiccup

Yea me too, I screwed up at work and now I am ridiculously worried about it. I could use a FEW.:frown:
  • susan62
    Options
    You know, last Saturday I was doing the exact same thing as this one but I felt so lonely. Now I feel like I've got someone to talk to..........so would I have this if I left my house? Of course I wouldn't!!! Ya'll live in my puter.........:laugh: