Skydiving Scare

Options
13»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I would only skydive if I got to change my pants immediately afterward.:laugh:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    To each his own, I just personally have no desire to risk almost certain death with a manmade object. Same for bungie jumping, but again it's just me.

great minds think alike lol
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    To each his own, I just personally have no desire to risk almost certain death with a manmade object. Same for bungie jumping, but again it's just me.

great minds think alike lol

BUT You have more guts than I ever will! If you do it, tell me when and where so I can live vicariously through you for that moment! lol :drinker:
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    LOL, that was in my former life LOL!!! Now was 180mph necessary for me to enjoy riding, no I gave in to the temptation and it could have been costly for me and the other two riders doing this on a dark deer infested highway :noway:

Now, just cruising at 45 mph in the country or 70 on the interstate is just as much fun for me. I absolutely love riding a motorcycle, so who would i be to tell someone they shouldn't do something because I don't agree with it, when in fact they love "it" just as much as I love riding.

I can't get past the fact that despite all our differences of opinions there are two young men who won't be going home anymore and that is what's most important.
  • dantheman777
    Options

Wait, you ride a motorcycle, you're risking almost certain death anytime you take it out on a busy road. Don't get me wrong, I had one for several years and enjoyed the heck out of it. But I didn't think of it as a safe activity.

Regarding skydiving, I did that too, back in college (20+ years ago). It was the biggest rush ever. And I think pilots have the same universal reaction to skydivers. "Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" That's exactly what my best friend's dad, a former Navy fighter pilot & current FedEx pilot, asked me as soon as I mentioned it to him.
  • p90x_Dude
    Options

Wait, you ride a motorcycle, you're risking almost certain death anytime you take it out on a busy road. Don't get me wrong, I had one for several years and enjoyed the heck out of it. But I didn't think of it as a safe activity.

Regarding skydiving, I did that too, back in college (20+ years ago). It was the biggest rush ever. And I think pilots have the same universal reaction to skydivers. "Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" That's exactly what my best friend's dad, a former Navy fighter pilot & current FedEx pilot, asked me as soon as I mentioned it to him.

that was my point exactly, "to each his own"