Who watched Biggest Loser last night? Beware - spoilers?!?!

Options

Replies

• fat2phatmommy
    fat2phatmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I watch it every season and all I can say is.........!*&!*!%!#!. I can't believe they sent him home knowing he needs to be there more than some of the others. Craziness, but I'll continue watching like I always do.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Oh my GOODNESS...My eyes are puffy from all the crying I did during last night's episode! I was hoping that Kaylee would have either been sent home because she had the LOWEST amount of weight lost on the red team (ONE pound in TWO weeks?)..and will probably continue to do so since she is sooo small...or she would have volunteered herself..Moses is still there, and he may have a chance of winning, but Kaylee does not. There's no way she can even be runner up..I think if the red team was smart, they would have voted her off since she has gotten so small and kept Arthur..He would have given them bigger numbers for the remaining weeks. On top that...THEY MADE JILLIAN CRY...how often does THAT happen?
    I'm soo happy that Arthur is doing so well at home, and I really hope he either wins the at-home challenge or comes back next season..or the producers have a change of heart and just bring him back on the show..LOL

And the black team...while I love them and they are doing so great...they are going to crumble..they are getting smaller and smaller..they have GREAT numbers this week...but last weigh-in, they didnt...and next week...I just hope they prove me wrong...
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    On the one hand, I see what you mean about Arthur's game play early on, HOWEVER, this is a man who started out with a HUGE amount of weight to lose. His "game play" maneuvers were not mean-spirited, they were just pure FEAR coming out. I think he was terrified of going home. I actually have grown to really like him and his Dad, too.

The only comment I take issue with here is the person wishing that the girl "balloons" back up to her starting weight? That's just mean. I don't wish obesity on anybody, even people I don't like.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I gave up on it. I don't really like any of the contestants (this is the first season I've watched any of so I just think it's not my kind of show.) Last week's episode really bothered me though. They just expected the elders to fall on their swords to save their ADULT children. They aren't little kids. They aren't even teenagers still getting used to their developing bodies. They are ADULTS. And yet somehow they were more important than the elders.

Really two faced of that one chick's mom who made a big point about "won't someone please think of the children" and then sacrificed Arthur as soon as she got a chance (i.e. after she sent his dad packing). She's clearly the alpha there, so the others just fell in line. I can't imagine how they could have the slightest bit of respect for her though now.

I hope she gets sent home next week and then balloons up to double the weight she started at. I hate hypocrites.

I think I'm suffering from BL burn out! I too haven't found anyone I really want to see win. And I too thought it was a crock of *kitten* that the MOMS were all boo-hooing over ADULTS as well. And last season's game playing with Brendan and keeping that worthless Elizabeth around really irked me!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    I know I'm in the minority, but I think going home may have been a great thing for Arthur. He showed he is doing great at home with his family's support - in contrast, he had a team of women on the ranch that felt the need to 'protect him.' The entire time the black team was having their little meeting about the parents sacraficing for the children (Arthur being the main focus of that conversation, by the way) I kept thinking that they are telling their kids that they don't think they can do it - they have so little confidence in their kids' abilities to do what they need to do, that they are going to THROW THE WEIGH IN! How is that environment healthy? So two of their teammates ended up going home in order to 'save arthur' who it turned out didn't NEED saving... between that and the black team's lack of 'TEAM' during that challenge with the big balls (that was more a lack of focus/teamwork/organization that it was of strength/speed) I can say I wouldn't call my self a black team fan - wait to see who the next two voted off of the black team are (if teams stay as they are, who knows what they will do) and I would guess you'll see that the black team has their own alliances -
  • bordersvm
    bordersvm Posts: 70
    Options
    OMGoodness!! I was mad at my tv, too!!! Why did they send Arthur home??!!! It just reinforced how some people in this world are no matter what!!!! I don't like the red team anymore. They are being selfish, because they saw that Arthur needed it more than anyone. Ev eryone else on the RED team is PLAYING THE GAME!!! :mad:

ANYWAY, I'm not mad anymore...ha ha!! I'm glad Arthur did good, and I hope he continues. In fact, I hope he wins the at home challenge...
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think it sucks that Art went home, but not surprising. I really thought after all the speaches Jillian and Bob gave that he actually had a 50/50 shot at that point. I wasn't too surprised.

I do think sending Kaylee home wouldn't be good. If after 2 weeks of being home her weight loss halted, that's a sign that she needed to be there.

I can't wait to see how the girls do now against the guys. I think they have a better support system to get each other through. Eventually it will get ugly, when they have to start kicking each other off.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree about the parents falling on the sword for the kids. I think they need to fight for themselves!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    saturday was my first time watching biggest loser... i watched one episode on primetime on demand & i was immediately hooked! i watched about 4 episodes back to back & i watched last night of course!

i think the small girl on the red team (moses' daughter) should've went home... she is very small & at that size she CAN'T produce big #'s at the weigh-in's... so she's not really an asset to her team... arthur def needed 2 stay :-/ congrats 2 the black team tho 4 being home 4 two weeks & pulling such great #'s!!!!
  • AmandaLenn86
    AmandaLenn86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They should have kept Arthure because he NEEDED to be there more then anyone there!! he struggles and its taken him the longest to get going.. Bottom line is that now the "RED" team can only vote against themselves and their alliance and im going to enjoy it!! i hope the "BLACK" Team keeps the weigh ins as great as they have been so they will send the "RED" team mates home!! PS i LOVE The biggest loser!! :drinker:
  • tmthorn0927
    Options
    All great comments... It definitely is a thought provoking show on so many levels.... Will be interesting to see who ends up being the winner this season!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I think that if the black team wanted Arthur to stay SOOOO bad then one of them should of went to the red team. They acted crushed, but they knew what was going to happen. I lost a lot of credit for the black team when they all threw the weigh in. How about trying to actually win the weigh in? That is why you are there....to stay as long as possible.

I can't blame the red team for doing what they had to do.

I can't stand that one girl Hannah either. I'm glad she tore it up in Volleyball lol
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely devastated how things worked out. I was hoping that the red team would see how much Arthur needed to be there.. how far he's come but also realize that he still has a ways to go. After Jillian's reaction and Bob's speech, I thought they would realize it.. But as soon as Justin revealed his vote, I knew Arthur was doomed.

I keep going back and forth with how things worked out. First I was so mad at the Red Team for voting Arthur off: they're so selfish, they're in it just for the money, etc. etc. But Arthur screwed up things by switching the teams over in the first place.. If he had left things as they were, he would most likely still be there. Sarah wouldn't have had Bob and Jillian for her trainers and would have stuck with Brett and Cara.

I'm glad he is doing well at home. I believe things happen for a reason. Everyone has to go home at some point.. if they are in it for the right reasons then what they learned on the show they can take with them at home. It's also a good motivator for someone who is 400lbs and sees that Arthur is losing weight at home as well. It's unfortunate, but there's only one biggest loser in the end.

I really do think Arthur will take the at home prize. I am rooting for him for sure! I am also still going for the Black Team. I hope the Red Team just falls apart.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I gave up on it. I don't really like any of the contestants (this is the first season I've watched any of so I just think it's not my kind of show.) Last week's episode really bothered me though. They just expected the elders to fall on their swords to save their ADULT children. They aren't little kids. They aren't even teenagers still getting used to their developing bodies. They are ADULTS. And yet somehow they were more important than the elders.

Really two faced of that one chick's mom who made a big point about "won't someone please think of the children" and then sacrificed Arthur as soon as she got a chance (i.e. after she sent his dad packing). She's clearly the alpha there, so the others just fell in line. I can't imagine how they could have the slightest bit of respect for her though now.

I hope she gets sent home next week and then balloons up to double the weight she started at. I hate hypocrites.

Wishing weight gain on others...not good! Always a good thing to be aware of a little thing called "karma".
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hate that Arthur went home too. But he did this to him self. If he hadn't switched the 2 couples earlier in the game then everyone would have stayed with their org teams. Yes he needs to be there but at the end of the day it is a game. If I were in the other's shoes I don't know that I would have sacrificed myself either. They are all there to play the game and win the money. None of them signed up to help the competition out. But thankfully, it looks like Arthur is doing great at home and it looks like his dad is also doing great. And now that they are home together working out then they stand a really good chance of winning the at home prize.

Barb
  • Norleanfan
    Options
    The guy on the red team with the beard is controlling the game and has been since week 1. He and Rulon are picking off the biggest threats one by one so they can be in the finals. They kept Kylee because she is absolutely no threat. Her father will be the next one to go. Mark my words when they lose the next weigh in, Moses will be a goner. Yes Arther needed to stay and they knew that but he was too much of a threat to them. Here's to hoping that somehow either he or Rulon get voted off soon.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I don't understand how nobody else see this...

If the black team wanted to protect Arthur, wouldn't one of them step up and join the red team? The fact of the matter is they say they would do anything for him, but they are just looking out for themselves first.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options

If the black team wanted to protect Arthur, wouldn't one of them step up and join the red team? The fact of the matter is they say they would do anything for him, but they are just looking out for themselves first.

I think most of the black team assumed Sarah would choose to go back to her "family" on the red team. They were the ones rooting for her on the treadmill.

Personally, I HATE the red team. A lot of comments here talk about how awful that the parents threw their weigh in to keep their children there. Last week, Moses did the right thing by pushing his daughter instead of throwing his weigh in, but the black team parents were only protecting their children as well. I think it's incredibly admirable, and shows the difference in character between the teams. The red team is heartless and cold. They pretend to care about each other, but they don't. That will come out soon enough.
  • tmthorn0927
    Options
    Biggest Loser is doing a great job of keeping it interesting! I will say that much.
  • Fieldsy
    Options

I think most of the black team assumed Sarah would choose to go back to her "family" on the red team. They were the ones rooting for her on the treadmill.

Personally, I HATE the red team. A lot of comments here talk about how awful that the parents threw their weigh in to keep their children there. Last week, Moses did the right thing by pushing his daughter instead of throwing his weigh in, but the black team parents were only protecting their children as well. I think it's incredibly admirable, and shows the difference in character between the teams. The red team is heartless and cold. They pretend to care about each other, but they don't. That will come out soon enough.

The black team knew who was going where.....I am sure everyone knew who was picking what team.