What Type of Peanut Butter do you eat???

Options
jleshko
jleshko Posts: 40 Member
I noticed a lot of people on MFP love peanut butter and use it in many of their recipes and eat it right out of the jar... Curious who likes what... I eat Smuckers All Natural creamy peanut butter... The kind with the oil that separates and you have to mix it up... I used to eat Skippy but I was told to go the natural route and I love it... Interesting that the nutritional information is almost exactly the same but the products are so different... So what do you eat???

Replies

• Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love Naturally More peanut butter. It has more protein, less fat, less sugar, and less calories (169 per serving) than other peanut butters. Plus, I love the taste!
  • pty21
    pty21 Posts: 16
    Options
    Skippy Natural Creamy is what's in the cupboard here. The four ingredients are roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, and salt. Not the best option but I really don't like stirring anything before I indulge as I'm very lazy.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat All Natural Peanut Butter Co. White Chocolate Wonderful when I want a treat.
  • jleshko
    Options
    I'll have to look up that Naturally More... sounds good...
  • jleshko
    Options
    I'll have to look up that Naturally More... sounds good...
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Smuckers natural creamy in the glass jar.

I don't want to eat peanut butter with added sugars, but is there any "pure" peanut butter out there with no added salt?
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use a gluten free peanut butter "Better'n Peanut Butter." I get the low sodium kind. 100 calories and 95 sodium for 2 tablespoons!
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Justins natural peanut butter is here at my house... its rediculous expensive so I dont eat ALOT of it. :laugh:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    no name organic (superstore brand) The only ingredient is peanuts and it's only like 4$ or something for a jar that lasts me months.
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I love Naturally More. Yes you have to stir it and keep it in the fridge but for less calories and still a good taste I will stir.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just found a natural peanut butter that Jiff makes.... no need to stir, and tastes really good! And it is pretty low in sodium as well :-)
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    PB2!!!!!! Theres only 45 calories for a regular 2 TBS serving, 5g protein, very little sugar, sodium compared to the regular kind. It's actually in powder form (comes in a reglar size pb jar) and you mix 2TBS with 1 TBS water (or till u get the consistency you like) and tah dah....great way to save calories and still get the great taste, and protein of regular pb. Its powder because the way they make it, they take the peanuts and grind them to get out all the oil (fat). It also comes in CHOCOLATE pb flavor whci has similar info
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Central Market Creamy
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Creamy reduced fat! But the Naturally More sounds great!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I gave up peanut butter and just eat unsalted peanuts and almonds because I'm trying to keep my sodium down.
  • jules3530
    jules3530 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    the natural peanut butter from jiffy is wonderful. No stiring needed! It tastes great!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like the naturally moore. I leave it on the counter and let it seperate and then pour off the oil to save the fat and calories:blushing: . When I want to use it, I measure out what I want then throw it in the microwave to soften it so that I can spread it. I need to save my calories where I can. I LOVE peanut butter as much as "normal people" love chocolate!
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Where do you find PB2, Ive seen alot of posts on this stuff. Thanks!!
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    If I eat peanut butter, I use Peanut Butter and Co. No HFCS and only a few ingredients plus the flavors include: Dark Chocolate Drams, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, & White Chocolate Wonderful.

I tried Better N PB in regular and chocolate flavors and I just can't stomach them! I wish I could bc of the lower calories but its just gross to me!

I also like almond butter by Maranatha.
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    google pb2 and youll see, i think it's the 2nd link down, for their website...bell something? I didn't like the idea of not being able to buy 1 jar, (they make you order in combos) then the shipping costs almost as much as what you're paying for the product....but theres a link that shows where you can find it locally. I clicked on it and found it was in the green planet grocery right down the street from me. It's also in whole foods, nature tyme and probably may other local hralth type stores