Replies

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    ooops response @greenpianokeys and @kalebsmama07
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .2 ha, so I lost like nothing. But at least, it was a loss... and every little bit counts!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I was able to spend some time with my god daughter, she's 2 1/2 and so fun & smart!! Just makes me giggle, and brightens everybody's day!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Went home to my parents, and was just annoyed the whole weekend. I was tired, and just had a short fuse. Ahhh! Glad the weekend is over, and we're at our own home now!!
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 7 each! :-)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Met w/ the Pastor to starte pre-martial counseling. 3 of my bridesmaids ordered their dresses! Found a little bridal shop in the small town we're getting married in that has amazing jewelry/accessories for wonderful prices! 1/4 the cost of the similar things in the twin cities!! I'm pumped! Going back w/ my mom in 2 weeks. Also, picked out the tux/vest combo for the groom, dads, groomsmen, and ushers!!
    6. What is your go to healthy snack: I always reach for a granola bar, but that can't be the healthiest. I really need to work on my snacks!!!
    7. What time of day do you work out: M, W, and F 5:45am Spin Class! And then T or Th evening.
    8. Weekly wrap up: My mini goal was 170 by March 15th. I'm clearly 7 lbs away from this still. Not losing the weight as fast as I'd hope I would, and now 3/15 is SO close! I really need to concentrate, the weekends are my toughest! This weekend we're staying home so I can be active and eat healthy!!! No excuses! And would LOVE LOVE to be close to my goal on 3/15!!!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    This totally sucks! What is it about weddings that brings out the monster in people? You totally have the right to be upset. I have a somewhat similar story of someone just being inconsiderate. When I called one of my now bridesmaids to tell her that I was engaged she did the usual "Awww... how did he ask?" and then all of a sudden says "Just so you know I claim October 2011". Uh excuse me? I was SHOCKED. She wasn't even engaged yet. We were already planning on getting married in October, so we didn't really let it hold us back, but it did cause a lot of emotional distress on my part. The story goes on, but I will keep it short. We are now both getting married in October and are on friendly terms, but whenever I think about her lack of tact response I just get angry. All I know is my wedding is going to be amazing and better than hers. hehe! ;)

I don't know what it is. My brother had the nerve to text me today and ask me who we are using for caterer and photographer to get ideas. Ugh. Either way....you're right. My wedding will be so much nicer than theirs! My parents don't seem very thrilled that they moved the date up, either.
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So...had a kind of emotional set back today....

My "youngest" brother (he's the younger of my two older brothers)...Has been engaged since September or so of last year. He had originally asked my fiance and I how we felt if he and his fiancee got married the same year as us. We talked about it in length....He does not have a whole lot of money and he's dealing with some other issues. In addition, if anyone read my post last week...my parents don't have a lot of money and asking them to help pay for two weddings in a year would really put them in a tight spot. That conversation happened months ago, and as far as we knew, that was the plan for my brother and his fiancee, to wait until 2012.

Now, I know I'm not in charge and no one has to ask my permission for anything....BUT I got on facebook today (FB drama, yay!!) and saw that my brother's fiance Nicki had posted that she was so excited to get married on Nov. 11th. I called my brother immediately and asked him about it. He said that they had decided to get married this year instead of next, something that they had decided almost a week ago. I asked him why no one called me and he said "Well... I didn't figure you'd care if we pushed it up a year....plus.. I figured someone else would have told you by now." Did he really think that my opinions would change within 4 months time? Um, no! And now my parents are committed to helping plan and pay for two weddings this year. Mine in October and my brother's in November. And WHY did no one call me? It's tough being 2 hours away from my family, and I deal with feeling left out on a regular basis and now to add this.

My Dad said that I have no right to feel upset because my brother isn't doing this out of spite... No, he's right. It's not out of spite...It's out of complete disregard for my fiance and I's feelings. No one called us because no one wanted to hear how we felt about the situation.

In the end, I know that our day will still be special....but I can't help but feel like my brother (who always gets whatever he wants, etc...) is stealing some of our thunder.

I am sorry to hear about this I know how much it stinks, my best friend is getting married the same month as me, but its not a huge deal because we don't have a lot of the same friends. But the good part is you are getting married before him!!! It stinks that he didn't consider your feelings at all though... I hope it all works out!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I have gained 0.4lbs.:noway: I dont know why!!! I have gained 2 weeks in a row. I have been even more specific about measuring my food, keeping portion sizes small, and I have worked out 5 out of the past 7 days with good cal burns. I just dont know what more I can do :sad:

I have said before that I think I am a weigh gainer when stress is in my life. I have been really stressed these passed to 2 weeks with school. I also have been having knee pain (an old sports injury acting up) for the past couple weeks too, which I dont think is helping. And to top that all off I have to go to the MD today because I have had high BP the past few months and i dont know why. I say down with one of my nursing instructors yesterday....she thinks that my birth control pills might be the cause. She said because I have lost weight the estrogen that was being stored in my fat is now circulating my body and causing the high BP and could also be a reason why I am not losing anymore weight. She suggested talking to my MD about neuva-ring. Anyone use that? It is going to be super expensive because my insurance doesn't cover it but I guess it will be well worth it if my MD oks it.

Just please keep me in mind this week and send good thoughts! I hope to get over this hump asap!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I have gained 0.4lbs.:noway: I dont know why!!! I have gained 2 weeks in a row. I have been even more specific about measuring my food, keeping portion sizes small, and I have worked out 5 out of the past 7 days with good cal burns. I just dont know what more I can do :sad:

I have said before that I think I am a weigh gainer when stress is in my life. I have been really stressed these passed to 2 weeks with school. I also have been having knee pain (an old sports injury acting up) for the past couple weeks too, which I dont think is helping. And to top that all off I have to go to the MD today because I have had high BP the past few months and i dont know why. I say down with one of my nursing instructors yesterday....she thinks that my birth control pills might be the cause. She said because I have lost weight the estrogen that was being stored in my fat is now circulating my body and causing the high BP and could also be a reason why I am not losing anymore weight. She suggested talking to my MD about neuva-ring. Anyone use that? It is going to be super expensive because my insurance doesn't cover it but I guess it will be well worth it if my MD oks it.

Just please keep me in mind this week and send good thoughts! I hope to get over this hump asap!
    wish u the best hun....
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Sending you all the good thoughts in the world and hope get some answers at the MD today. <hugs>
  • dezil
    Options
    @wannaburn: Glad you were able to talk to someone who knows! I have no experience w/ the neuva ring, but I do know some ppl can't cant bc pills due to increased blood pressure. It's good you're looking into it! The bc pills probably have all to do w/ the increase bp, and you're body is trying to figure that out rather than work on weight loss. You're eating right/exercising/ and logging everything so you gotta feel good about that! Hope the best w/ your MD apt, and glad you'll be able to figure that out and start feeling better soon! ((hugs))
  • NicolioRussell
    Options

Good luck! I never had BP problems until I started taking birth control....and that combined with hereditary predisposition to high BP (everyone in my family has it) and my BP shot up. Now I have to take a water pill, which isn't that intense I suppose....But yeah. I need to meet with my OBGYN and talk about some other options that will reduce the effects of the BC pill.
  • Bditbobcat
    Options

Good luck at the doctor!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options

Just curious, but why the neuva ring? Ever considered the shot? Depo-provera. That's what I'm on and I swear by it. It's an injection you get every three months, and you don't get a period. Maybe you could ask about that if the Neuva ring doesn't work out. Oh, and I know someone who got pregnant with the neuva ring, so I won't go there!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I am significantly challenged at posting a picture on this board! Ah

bridesonamission.jpg

I know NOTHING about image manipulation....but I felt like we all need some kind of "badge" to include in our signatures!

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/greenpianokeys/bridesonamission.jpg
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Just curious, but why the neuva ring? Ever considered the shot? Depo-provera. That's what I'm on and I swear by it. It's an injection you get every three months, and you don't get a period. Maybe you could ask about that if the Neuva ring doesn't work out. Oh, and I know someone who got pregnant with the neuva ring, so I won't go there!

Noooo! Depo-provera is so bad for you. It has high such a high risk of causing osteopenia or osteoperosis. Make sure that you are getting a bone-density scan (I think maybe once a year). I was thinking the neuvaring because it would deliver a reular/constant rate of hormones. People are more likely to become preggers on neuvaring because they do not understand/know how to put it right....it has the same pregnancy protection as most other birth controls.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Ok...went to the MD and she said with all the weight I have lost it is effecting my estrogen levels! My BP is getting higher and higher by the day and that is no bueno! She put me on a very low-estrogen dose oral BC. She said it would about 3 weeks before I feel better and my headaches go away. I hope it is true! Thanks for the support all!
  • dezil
    Options
    @bditbobcat: I LOVE the idea of homemade goodies for a wedding favor! I was at a wedding last may and each setting had 2 homemade caramels. First, who doesn't love homemade candy?! :-) And 2nd, it was totally made with love!!! I'm just not sure I have the patience =/ Ahh, I'm so bad! What are the candied pecans you mentioned? Sounds delicious... and is neat especially if its a favorite of yours!!!
  • dezil
    Options
    @greenpianokeys: I love the idea of that banner for our signatures! I have no idea how to do that though! Lol
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in today. I finally had my weigh in and lost 1lb. I will take it! Things with the wedding keep moving along. I just need to get my thesis done so I can graduate and focus on wedding planning! (Wedding stuff is much more fun!)
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    @bditbobcat: I LOVE the idea of homemade goodies for a wedding favor! I was at a wedding last may and each setting had 2 homemade caramels. First, who doesn't love homemade candy?! :-) And 2nd, it was totally made with love!!! I'm just not sure I have the patience =/ Ahh, I'm so bad! What are the candied pecans you mentioned? Sounds delicious... and is neat especially if its a favorite of yours!!!

Yum caramels! Not sure if I could make those... The candied pecans are super easy. Basically toss pecans in egg whites and then in cinnamon and sugar, bake and then yum! I will need to perfect the recipe to make it special, but that will be a summer project.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options

Noooo! Depo-provera is so bad for you. It has high such a high risk of causing osteopenia or osteoperosis. Make sure that you are getting a bone-density scan (I think maybe once a year). I was thinking the neuvaring because it would deliver a reular/constant rate of hormones. People are more likely to become preggers on neuvaring because they do not understand/know how to put it right....it has the same pregnancy protection as most other birth controls.

Really? I had no idea. Thanks for the input!!! I'll definitely look into bone density scans. But, I can't do pills because I NEVER remember to take them!! Hahaha. The shot was the best option for me.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    @greenpianokeys: I love the idea of that banner for our signatures! I have no idea how to do that though! Lol

Use this:

bridesonamission.jpg

but of course change the IMGs to img

:-)