The grocery shopping trip from hell!

Options
Wendi_S
Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
Before anyone gets on my case for posting something – non-weight loss related- let me just say that if I don't rant about these things * right * now I am going to resort to eating an entire package of Oreos- and they're * not* the low fat ones! So it actually is weight loss related!

My grocery shopping trip from hell pet peeves- All happened within the past 2 hours!

First store – one of those warehouse places- the one with the 'naughty' name LOL

1. The guy who was undecided which shopping cart he wanted to use and felt the need to stand and block the row of 100 damn carts while he discussed in detail why each was different with his wife! Did I mention the carts are outside and it is 20 degrees out today?!
2. Two registers open- each line 9 people thick- people at self checkouts who don't know what the hell they are doing! Go stand in line!
3. The woman in front of me at the self checkout who took her damn sweet time putting her stuff in her cart. Oh yea and the fact that her 3yr old son was standing in the back of the cart and when she pushed it * hard* he fell and she said- I told you sit the hell down! This alone made me want to punch her!
4. The person who felt the need to park this >< close to me. Really?!
5. POT HOLES!!

The second store- local grocery store-

1. People who have to always back into a parking spot. Then give me the 'wtf' look when they can't open their trunk because they are this >< close to my car!!
2. Adults who wear pj's to the store and/or slippers!
3. Also women who grocery shop in stilettos- but more so women who can't walk in them and use the cart as support!
4. People who assume I know where everything is- DO I LOOK LIKE I WORK THERE?!? * I usually will point someone in the right direction, but don't expect me to walk you there*
5. When they stop carrying something that my kids actually * will * eat!! Usually I end up finding it at above store in bulk right about the time my kids * stop * liking it!
6. Cashiers who carry on conversations with others while attempting to do their job.
7. Cashiers who study everything you buy- and ask questions about it. Really? Just put it in the bag, dammit!
8. Bag my damn groceries the way I put them on the belt or let me do it myself! Frozen with frozen- boxed with box etc etc..... it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out!

Just a couple more

1. On the way to the mall- the guy who felt the need to hold up traffic on rt 1 because he was trying to make an illegal left turn! Hello those TWO yellow lines mean do not cross!! Go up and turn around like everyone else!! Besides Bebe's restaurant isn't worth it anyway!
2. At the mall- people who don't park within the lines- or park crooked! This bugs me now, but it bugged me even more when we had 12ft of snow!
3. People who feel the * need * to run up the escalator. Really?! Take the damn stairs!
4. This wasn't today but I'll add it in because it is mall related and I'm on a roll- people who bring their kids to the play area and then proceed to text or talk on their phones and assume everyone else is watching their kids!

And one rave- Sephora is opening in our JC Penny's real soon!!!!!

Replies

• TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have one for the grocery part -
    People who leave their carts right next to your car so you have to move *THEIR* cart before you can attempt to get into your own vehicle!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I went to Babies R Us the other day- I wanted to find a specific type of baby spoon for my seven month old../sigh.
    Can I just say that they are the SLOWEST cashiers known to man? That their lines could substitute for purgatory for white collar crimes? The cashier was flirting with some MILF with two toddlers who was looking for a discount that did not apply to her order..inb4 people say I'm jealous..I don't CARE, flirt all damned day!! Give her your card...give him your damned shiny glittery cell phone number...but JUST STFU and get done so I can get on with my day!!!
    I just wanted to buy my things and be out of there, I have a baby and a toddler I have to shop with FFS.

Also: I'm sorry I do not want to have a conversation of commiseration about how my son is teething..don't touch him either, he's cute but he's off limits. Shopping online FTW.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A very simple YES to all of the above.
    xx
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Although, I do wear sweats to the grocery store, which is just as bad as pajamas, IMO. I'll be putting on jeans now-- because they fit!
  • umauma2011
    umauma2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and we pay for the privilage to use a cart , So no one leaves them were to cheap
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    8. Bag my damn groceries the way I put them on the belt or let me do it myself! Frozen with frozen- boxed with box etc etc..... it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo On board with this........:drinker:

Oh But I do wear PJ's to the store...... :ohwell:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I forgot this..the baggers at my grocery store seemed to have forgotten that bread isn't to be crushed into a mush ready to be put into meatballs ...Just Because I Use Reusable Bags Does Not Mean I Do Not Care About How They Are Bagged. Sorry! I just had to capitalize like that. I feel like I should write that on my reusable bags too. Hey cute bagger guy...don't' just shove everything in there, I know you're not a cool girl that has played Tetris for fifteen years, but surely you have some brain cells in there that haven't been lost to your hormonal penile floods?
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree about people touching my son! That is so damn irritating! Yes, I think he's adorable too, but he's mine not yours, so keep your god only knows where they been hands off! And it irritates my husband even more who is super protective. I'm waiting for the day he punches someone out for touching our kid.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I hate the grocery store for all the above mentioned reasons, but most of all I hate when people feel the need to stand so close to you in line that you feel their breath on your neck! Just because you are stuck on to me doesn’t mean you’ll get through any faster!

Really! that many people wear sweats and PJ's to the store?Why???
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    They're not pj's, they're softie pants. CrossedArms.gif

:embarassed: :embarassed:
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    "8. Bag my damn groceries the way I put them on the belt or let me do it myself! Frozen with frozen- boxed with box etc etc..... it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out! "

OMFG this happend to me at whole foods yesterday!!!! IT PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    the jerks who put carts in the space next to handicapped spots so it becomes an obstacle course. and the special morally bankrupt types who park in those spots with no sticker or use grandma's car to get away with it tho they;re able bodied...
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    "1. On the way to the mall- the guy who felt the need to hold up traffic on rt 1 because he was trying to make an illegal left turn! Hello those TWO yellow lines mean do not cross!! Go up and turn around like everyone else!! Besides Bebe's restaurant isn't worth it anyway! "

Maybe I'm a doofus, but where I'm from, two yellow lines (in the center of the road) mean no passing, but it's legal to make a turn over them...is it a different sign or something? Have I been driving wrong my whole life? Now I'm paranoid.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I hate the grocery store for all the above mentioned reasons, but most of all I hate when people feel the need to stand so close to you in line that you feel their breath on your neck! Just because you are stuck on to me doesn’t mean you’ll get through any faster!

Really! that many people wear sweats and PJ's to the store?Why???

Dont hate... If its after work and i'm tired I will proudly wear my pjs to the store!
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo On board with this........:drinker:

Oh But I do wear PJ's to the store...... :ohwell:

Ditto!!! AND how about the cashiers who put chemical/cleaning products in with edibles even when YOU have them properly separated?

Ok folks if I'd wanted my pledge or windex in with my fruit......I would have just tossed it in the bag with all the grapes ok?

LOL
    Ok
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I hate when people turn their cart diagonally so it spans across the whole aisle while they stand there and look at something FOREVER! And the best part of this situation, and you know it's happened to you, when you politely say "excuse me," and they give you a dirty look. It makes me want to throw my canned items at them.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you insist on paying by check, you could have made out 90% of it while you stood there in line for ten minutes. ;)
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i agree..lol or the people that just stop..i at least when i stop move to the side.

i wear pj pants and tank tops to the store..but then when im not at work thats usually what i wear or my cropped workout pants and a tank.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What warehouse store are you referring to? Naughty name? Costco? Sam's Club? I don't get it.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and we pay for the privilage to use a cart , So no one leaves them were to cheap
    We did that in Europe too when I lived there as a child. I think Aldi's has it right when they charge for a cart. Put your cart back you get your money back!