March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options

Replies

• Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    As promised, I did 1 mile at lunch - added it to my ticker :-)
  • patches0102
    Options
    Day 3 went better than yesterday! I got at least 10000 steps in today. Nice day to be outside to be walking also. Tomorrow is supposed to rain so we shall see what I can get in before that happens.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, really pleased to see you are all doing really well.

Planning to do a 6 mile walk in Sherwood Forest on Saturday, really looking forward to it.

Mel

I want to take a walk in Sherwood Forest!:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got in 45 minutes today. I got to be Princess Clementine riding on my pet giraffe, Phoebe. She's White with pink and blue spots and sparklie ears. Who doesn't want to be me:tongue: ?
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    okay, forgot to ck in yesterday but walked 30mins yesterday & today on the treadmill
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have figure out my ticker thing..I seem to be a bit challenged in getting it to work correctly.

March 1- walked 25 minutes
    March 2-ran/walked (C25K program week 5 day 1) 30 minutes
    March 3-walked 30 minutes

My goal for the week- walk a minimum of 10 minutes a day.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I went for another 30 minute walk along the canal today. I really like getting outside and stretching my legs. I could get used to this!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    3 more miles today!
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mel, I would love to go walking with you in Sherwood Forest. It sounds lovely. :happy:

CricketKate, I wish that I had a giraffe with pink and blue spots. You have so much fun with your exercise. :bigsmile:

I just got on my dreadmill and listened to music - no lovely forest or fun giraffes. :ohwell:
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Desperate to get out for a walk today, especially as it's lovely and sunny out there, but stuck indoors waiting for a delivery that could come any second or not for another 6 hours. Grrrrrrr!!!!
  • mellissacase
    Options
    I live opposite sherwood forest its lovely, sadly we are loosing much of it to new housing etc. I think the woods have magic powers, Its the lovely smell of fresh pine, the sounds of birds and other animals and the complete beauty of the forest that over makes me feel like a new person when I get home. And of course I always pretend I'm Robin Hood!

Wish you could all come walking with me tomorrow :)
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning... added it to my ticker :-)
  • jillj333
    jillj333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm In. Not sure if I'll make it the entire 40 miles on my ticker, but I'll sure give it a try. :) If winter here in Minnesota would
    ever end then I'd probably be a walking maniac...can't stand the cold so am stuck on the treadmill.

exercise.png
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    I'm really in now. This month, I'm challenging myself to walk 80 miles. (Last month I'd challenged myself to walk 60 miles, and I walked 82.13 miles!).

These are my stats so far:

3/1: 2.55 miles
    3/2: 1.87 miles
    3/3: 1.09 miles

NeuroticVirgo, thanks again for the nudge.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday's miles....so I am averaging 3 miles a day hopefully in March's 31 days, I will make my 100 mile goal.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in :blushing:

March goal 31miles - 8 miles done = 23 more walking miles to go

Ya!!!! Great walking everyone :heart:
  • Heevenlee
    Heevenlee Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi guys

Just found this post again ,sorry bout that.My goal is to get back walking to where I was bout this time last year was.Was doing bout 150 each month.Up to 10 to start with for this month.Great job everyone We Rock

Amanda
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oooohhh! I'm in! My goal is to walk (or run) at least 30 minutes a day for the month of March. If I can figure out how to get a GPS tracker to work on my android phone without interfering with my C25K app, I might change that to 2 or 3 miles a day. I'm doing C25K 3 times a week and I usually walk the other days, but sometimes I slack off on the weekends. No more; I will walk every day--if not for myself, then at least for my dog! :smile: Thanks for the challenge!

Good luck everyone!

exercise.png
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Checking in for day 4; did my 30 minute walk :smile:
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey hope its not to late to join in..

can't remember what i walked on tuesday, but i know i done 40 mins a day on the 2nd, 3rd and today, so i've added them on my ticker. i'm aiming for 30 mins a day. I normally do 40 mins at least 3 times a week but if its raining ( which it often is in scotland) i won't get as much done.