Rewards...

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose...2 years worth at least. I have been wanting a new car (well, a new to me used car) so badly for a few years now, and I decided that I will allow myself to invest in the new car when I get down to my goal weight. It keeps me motivated to keep going, but as several other people have said, I am doing this to look and feel better...the car will just be icing on the cake...oooh wait, shouldn't use that...ummm...the car will just be...ranch dressing on the carrot!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 150 lbs. That would get me to 147. And when I go to Disney next year not be worried that I wont fit in the seat on a ride and be embarrassed if I dont.

Reward. --- Be healthier for me and my family and I will definately need a new wardrobe.:love:
  • lkt11170
    Options
    My reward will be to re-pierce my belly button, and a tattoo. Already have two.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I got boobies after I lost 18 pounds!:tongue: I still am obsessing over the last 5 pounds and I will reward myself by getting my belly button re-pierced once those last pounds come off. I had it pierced back when I was thinner but then I had to have emergency surgery and they took it out in the ER and it closed up. :sad: I gained too much weight to re-pierce it (in my opinion) to have it look good. I didn't have the traditional up and down piercing, I opted for the across piercing with a hoop that was centered directly over my belly button. So anyways, hopefully within the next 2 months I will be flaunting the ring again. :laugh:

So...Is insurance going to cover your surgery like Elliot's insurance is? I need to find someone to cover mine!!!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Howdy...My rewards are:

180lbs by 10/14/08...New Hair Color!! White Blonde Baby!!
    170lbs by 11/25/08...New Turbo Jam DVD's
    160lbs by 1/1/09...New iPod Shuffle!
    150lbs by 3/1/09...Night on the town with Hubby. No $$ restrictions!

I might re-evaluate my goals as I get closer to my goal weight...but this is it for now. :)
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I got boobies after I lost 18 pounds!:tongue: I still am obsessing over the last 5 pounds and I will reward myself by getting my belly button re-pierced once those last pounds come off. I had it pierced back when I was thinner but then I had to have emergency surgery and they took it out in the ER and it closed up. :sad: I gained too much weight to re-pierce it (in my opinion) to have it look good. I didn't have the traditional up and down piercing, I opted for the across piercing with a hoop that was centered directly over my belly button. So anyways, hopefully within the next 2 months I will be flaunting the ring again. :laugh:

So...Is insurance going to cover your surgery like Elliot's insurance is? I need to find someone to cover mine!!!

I actually could have had the insurance pay for one boob 10 years ago when I had to have part of it removed. Unfortunately they would only reconstruct me back to the size I was prior to surgery which was a 34 AA and what would be the point in that. :noway: So instead I waited until I hit the 10 year mark without any further complications and went for the large ones (34 D's) and just sucked it up and paid for them myself. :laugh:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My original plan was to go on a major clothes shopping spree once I hit my goal and kept it off for several months. Instead I spent the money on a trainer - best money I could have ever spent!!! Even though I was pretty much at my goal weight the difference in shape and tone since I started going to her has been great.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in on this one...

Hot stone therapy massage!!! :love: Feels sooooo good. Had one on Saturday and I felt like I was out of body for awhile afterwards. Just felt extremely relaxed and at peace. My body loves me even more now. lol Most of all, the biggest reward is being more confident in myself. :blushing:
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself every 10lbs lost.
    First 10 I got Dance Dance Revelution for my Wii. I figured that'll help me get to my goals.
    Second 10 will be a new iPod.
    Then when I hit 30 it will be tanning minutes at the salon.
    I haven't decided on the 40, 50, and end of 55 rewards yet. I'm sure new clothes will be a must!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Insurance will cover a tummy tuck?????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Most insurances will cover the cost of at least one form of plastic surgery.:flowerforyou:
  • tag0829
    tag0829 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My friend and I have just started but we have set up two small goals for ourself - Goal 1 - lose 10 pounds we are getting a pedicure. Goal 2 - we have excerised for 60 days we are going to Hocking Hills to do a train ride. We have decided to reward ourselves in small stages. Hopefully this will work.
  • NewMK08
    Options
    I've been thinking that once I hit 150 I'll go get some highlights or something fun...Hair related of course :happy:

I'm hoping to hit 150 by October 31st...Just in time to tempt myself with Halloween candy!!!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I always reward myself with new clothes. It's not only a reward to get new stuff but it's rewarding when I put on a smaller size.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    My goal is to be 150, then get a breast reduction and a tummy tuck. Ins covers it, but doc wants me to try to loose the weight first so I won't sag if I loose more after surgery.

Then, 3 more tattoo's.......
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
    I always reward myself with new clothes. It's not only a reward to get new stuff but it's rewarding when I put on a smaller size.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: Oh I so want a really pretty blue streak in my hair....I've never wanted one until I saw a young girl walking down the street one day...I nearly pulled over to ask her what color it was called and where she got it done.

Is it something you can do yourself? ok, now that sounds scary to me..:laugh: I think I'd have the salon do it for me....but prefer it be temporary.... who knows if i'll ever do it....just loved the color maybe that's what caught my eye:laugh: :laugh: :noway:
    I've been thinking that once I hit 150 I'll go get some highlights or something fun...Hair related of course :happy:

I'm hoping to hit 150 by October 31st...Just in time to tempt myself with Halloween candy!!!
  • NewMK08
    Options
    If you wanted to try something temporary, there are hair mascaras out there that come in all kinds of colors and then wash out. Blue sounds like so much fun!! I would do one underneath if I weren't so frightened of serious hair color!! I'm probably just going to go with plain ol' blonde/caramel highlights.
    :drinker: Oh I so want a really pretty blue streak in my hair....I've never wanted one until I saw a young girl walking down the street one day...I nearly pulled over to ask her what color it was called and where she got it done.

Is it something you can do yourself? ok, now that sounds scary to me..:laugh: I think I'd have the salon do it for me....but prefer it be temporary.... who knows if i'll ever do it....just loved the color maybe that's what caught my eye:laugh: :laugh: :noway:

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've been asking my husband for ideas for rewards. Here's what we've come up with.

There are certain things I will not do as rewards.
    1. Exercise shoes. Necessity for my body to do the exercise!
    2. Workout clothes. I don't need a closet full of them, but I have to buy things that fit as I'm losing weight, or else I might lose my pants while working out!! :noway:
    3. Clothes, in general. I mean, I gotta have something to wear that won't fall off and actually fits! I cannot go into the office in pants two sizes too big. I do limit myself on clothing purchases, but really that is because I don't intend to stay in my current size for very long. I'm still losing weight!
    4. An iPod or vacation. Too pricey. :grumble:

I am thinking I could ask for a mani/pedi for every 10lbs I drop. That is a reasonable request, and it would only be every 5-10 weeks. Not terribly expensive. Hmmm, maybe I ask for that every 5 lbs I drop, especially since I only have 25 or 26lbs left to lose.

What would be a good final reward?:huh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My goal-reach 135

My reward- throw that damn scale in the ocean!
    (while wearing a 2 piece bathing suit)

:bigsmile:

Ok I am going to repeat........

THROW IT IN THE OCEAN!!:laugh:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Okay, so after years of not losing weight, I know that giving myself rewards along the way aren't going to motivate me to lose more weight....

but... hehe

I figure that when I get I into a smaller size I get a free pass to go shopping!

I would so love a tattoo when I get to goal weight. Can't really put any where I want them right now b/c it would look stupid.

And the big one is that my mom promised me I could get a designer wedding dress if I get to goal weight b4 I get married (which should be easy b/c he hasn't even proposed yet, lol). :laugh: