Thoughts on slim fast or other shakes

2»

Replies

• pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    I am not a breakfast eater and neither is my teenage daughter. We keep shakes around just as a quick grab and go breakfast. I have one once or twice a week and she has them 3-4 times. They are actually very high in many vitamins, and at least for her, I think that makes up for the sugar. It's way better than her starting her nine hour day with nothing. I would certainly not recommend having them every day, but they are really handy to have around for our lifestyle.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    I drink the shakes (although I don't follow the Slim Fast "plan"). As a full time graduate student and part-time intern, I have zero time for creative meal planning and preparation! The canned shakes are an easy breakfast for me that I can grab and drink on my commute. And I actually prefer the Target brand "Market Pantry" version. While they do have sugars, they also come with 10g protein, which when combined with a 100-calorie mid-morning snack, totally holds me over until lunch time. I don't live on them and I don't plan to drink them forever, but they're filling a great need for me right now :)
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    I am not a breakfast eater at all. However, by lunch I am absolutely starving. I drink one shake on my way to work occasionally and it helps take the edge off until lunch time. Depending on what brand you buy, they can taste great as well as give you protein that I normally would not have gotten if I went without breakfast.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    When I don't have a chance to pack a lunch, I grab a Milk Chocolate Slimfast Shake and banana. I think it's a delicious combination and only 300 calories total! It seems to be a fulfilling lunch on the go.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    I am not a huge breakfast person at all. I really don't like eatting anything in the morning. I am a cup of coffee with a splash of flavored cream (non-fat and I won't give the stuff up ever, one would have to pry my cup from my cold dead hands). :angry: I do, however, drink occasionally one of the cappachino delight slim-fasts for breakfast. I have one here in the fridge at work as a standby. I am normally doing this during my monthly however. Guess I need the extra whatever?

To me, I am not a 'bar' person. I do not like eatting a power bar. They taste crappy to me. I am not into eating cardboard. Now, the Special K 90 or 100 calorie bars are WAY different. :smooched:
This discussion has been closed.