Sabotage by Spouse?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    Casually mention how much you love fresh strawberries, oranges, grapes, etc. And next time he may bring yo a healthy treat instead.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    dont feel bad, my husband KNOWS i have a weakness for a good ol burger and fries, and he KNOWS ive really been at it trying to lose this weight. and yesterday we were driving by a random mom & pop type burger joint, and my husband said lets stop...and i couldnt argue lol...but i have to say...they have the best onion rings i have EVER had...and the burgers were good too!! lol but yeah, dont let one day discourage you...it happens to us all.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    My Wife bought 10 boxes of GS cookies! Im staying strong

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    If this happens in future and you have any tupperware I would quickly divide up portions into your tupperware boxes so you only eat one portion at a time. I did this at Christmas when we got a massive box of celebrations chocs. I divided them into 2 sweet portions (approx 90 - 100 cals per 2) and wrapped each portion up in foil. I knew if I tried to resist altogether I'd end up eating the lot and if I took them straight from the tub I'd also have eaten the lot. This always works well for me with irresistible treats.:wink:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    In my opinion you did the right thing. You ate it! :bigsmile:

I am sure he meant well. When someone reaches out the only way they know how to lift us up sometimes they know better than we do. With all that you were / are going through he was a sweetie. So snuggle him and girl go burn some of those calories!! :blushing:

If anything try to look past the calories and see the love, the calcium, the relief of just letting go for the moment, and that you have a loving family. :heart:

Today is a new day! Wishing you and yours a wealth of happiness and health! :drinker:
    *LIKE*
  • Amy95670
    Amy95670 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Karincakes -

Whoa, maybe I need to clarify AGAIN...I know that my husband was not INTENTIONALLY sabotaging, and I truly did appeciate his gesture. I was trying to get a feel for how others deal with the temptations like this when their spouses present them with a bit of a challenge. I have established a controlled environment for myself at home so that I have a higher level of success...and it's working for the 1st time IN MY LIFE. It is NOT my habit...it is my husband's way of comforting himself, and I'm sure he thought...well, this works for me, maybe it'll work for her. Some of mine as well as some of his habits have become OUR bad habits. The problem with the situation for me is the emotional aspect of it. 1. Stress eating, and 2. Not wanting to hurt a significant other's feelings.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I was was writing when you posted your previous clarification, so I didn't see it before my post. I do apologize if I offended you. However, you did use the word sabotage, and that is a strong accusation. I felt the need to point out that he was making a kind gesture and doing something that you have obviously appreciated in the past.
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    Karincakes -

Whoa, maybe I need to clarify AGAIN...I know that my husband was not INTENTIONALLY sabotaging, and I truly did appeciate his gesture. I was trying to get a feel for how others deal with the temptations like this when their spouses present them with a bit of a challenge. I have established a controlled environment for myself at home so that I have a higher level of success...and it's working for the 1st time IN MY LIFE. It is NOT my habit...it is my husband's way of comforting himself, and I'm sure he thought...well, this works for me, maybe it'll work for her. Some of mine as well as some of his habits have become OUR bad habits. The problem with the situation for me is the emotional aspect of it. 1. Stress eating, and 2. Not wanting to hurt a significant other's feelings.

Your husband wasn't trying to sabatoge you. He was trying to comfort you the best way he knows how. Sounds like a loving husband to me. Just like mine, I say we're lucky ladies! :)