MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:love: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :love:
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

FOR THE WEEK OF: MARCH 6 to MARCH 12, 2011

:drinker: I lost 3 pounds the first week and 2.2 pounds the second week & both weeks went over my goal, as did many who participated. You can too!! :drinker:

My goal for the new week starting tomorrow is to EXERCISE for 120 minutes. I am lazy and need to try to make exercise a part of my daily routine. So I am sticking with exercise.

If you want to join me, PLEASE support me, and I will support you.
Who would like to make a 1 week pact with me of what YOU need to work on?
ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT NEED TO LOSE MORE THEN 50 POUNDS OR THOSE HAVING DIFICULTY.

Focus on just this one week and commit to either.....
examples (may be changed to fit your need)

1. Lose 1 or 2 pounds this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

2. Exercise 100 minutes (or your choice) this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

3. Journal daily, and post how & results/menu by next Sunday

4. Maintain my current weight, and post how & results by next Sunday

5. Choose your own that you have the most problems with, and post how & results by next Sunday

REMEMBER I ONLY WANT YOU TO PICK ONE THING FOR MY 1 WEEK CHALLENGE.

“Set new short-term goals. When you feel you've mastered the previous short-term goals you set for yourself, create some new ones. Remember this is a journey, not a destination. Accomplishing any goal, whether it's weight loss or anything else in life, requires a lifelong commitment. You will always have to set new goals and work on new areas even when you accomplish your big long-term goals.”

Thank you and you may friend me if you like. I am fairly new here, but I have been following Weight Watchers old CORE program, and can do well following good eating habits........... as long as I don't stray away. ;-) My downfall is exercise.

:flowerforyou: Anyone joining me for another week, or a first week? :flowerforyou:

Good Luck to ALL!!

THIS IS A NEW WEEK!

This is the link to post your results from the last week. (Feb 27 to March 5)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/181833-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-go

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is 120 minutes of exercise.

Week 2 Goal was 100 min & I did 135 (lost 2.2 lbs)
    Week 1 Goal was 100 min & I did 120 (lost 3 lbs)

I don’t like to exercise and I am trying real hard to make it a routine. I found it easier this week to do it then last week. So my fingers are crossed. I want so bad to be at that 5 week weight that the Food Diary keeps talking about.

I hope I see my friends that supported me in the past weeks challenge. :-) You are a big part of my motivation.

Take Care & Take Control of Your Health!!
    Dee
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am going to join you in the 120 minutes of exercise for the week. I'm also doing the Conservative C25K so I am committing to actually doing all 4 days of that this week (which will make up at least 1 hour of my exercise time).
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    my goal for this week is to do 400 mins of working out.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Ready to do it again.
    Loose 2 lbs.
    300 mins. of exercise
    Burn 2500 calories.

Completed my challenge ending 3/05:
    Lost 1 lb.
    260 mins of exercise
    2100 calories burned.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    okay, i'll join up on this one.

my goal is to do at least 20 minutes EACH MORNING of a "real" workout - besides my kitchen dancing and walks around the neighborhood. that'll total 140 minutes of non-dance/walk workouts.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I did 310 minutes of my 300 minute goal this week. I'm in again, but no time to think about a goal yet. Later!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am in again. I will stick to the same 350 minutes of exercise. It is a good amount and makes me push myself ;)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Melody

Were you in this past weeks challenge?
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    :love: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :love:
    FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

FOR THE WEEK OF: MARCH 6 to MARCH 12, 2011

:drinker: I lost 3 pounds the first week and 2.2 pounds the second week & both weeks went over my goal, as did many who participated. You can too!! :drinker:

My goal for the new week starting tomorrow is to EXERCISE for 120 minutes. I am lazy and need to try to make exercise a part of my daily routine. So I am sticking with exercise.

If you want to join me, PLEASE support me, and I will support you.
    Who would like to make a 1 week pact with me of what YOU need to work on?
    ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT NEED TO LOSE MORE THEN 50 POUNDS OR THOSE HAVING DIFICULTY.

Focus on just this one week and commit to either.....
    examples (may be changed to fit your need)

1. Lose 1 or 2 pounds this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

2. Exercise 100 minutes (or your choice) this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

3. Journal daily, and post how & results/menu by next Sunday

4. Maintain my current weight, and post how & results by next Sunday

5. Choose your own that you have the most problems with, and post how & results by next Sunday

REMEMBER I ONLY WANT YOU TO PICK ONE THING FOR MY 1 WEEK CHALLENGE.

“Set new short-term goals. When you feel you've mastered the previous short-term goals you set for yourself, create some new ones. Remember this is a journey, not a destination. Accomplishing any goal, whether it's weight loss or anything else in life, requires a lifelong commitment. You will always have to set new goals and work on new areas even when you accomplish your big long-term goals.”

Thank you and you may friend me if you like. I am fairly new here, but I have been following Weight Watchers old CORE program, and can do well following good eating habits........... as long as I don't stray away. ;-) My downfall is exercise.

:flowerforyou: Anyone joining me for another week, or a first week? :flowerforyou:

Good Luck to ALL!!

THIS IS A NEW WEEK!

This is the link to post your results from the last week. (Feb 27 to March 5)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/181833-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-go

I'll do it with y'all! I'm gonna exercise 60 minutes a day and see what it does for me, I'll be blogging -- most likely daily -- to tell y'all how it goes!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Adding my goal of 200 mins for this week here.
  • rkutz
    rkutz Posts: 1
    Options
    Dee- I will join you on the 120 minutes of exercise. If I exercise than I eat better because I would hate to do all the work and blow it with stupid eating.
    You are doing so good!
    rose
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in again I loved having this motivation last week. My goals for this week are 100 minutes of exercise and to make sure that I keep my calorie intake where it needs to be. Hopefully this week if I stay good about my food and exercise some weight might come off. Good luck with your goals everyone!
  • trecha
    trecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I want to join for this week, goal is 180 min. this week of exercise
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Dee congratulations in meeting and surpassing your goal the last 2 weeks! Like you exercise is my downfall. I always seem to find some excuse not to work out.:blushing: I didn't make my goal last week, so I going to try again this week. If at first you don't succeed! So I'm shooting for 150 mins. again. Good Luck all! Let's have a good week!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Goals!

Lose another 2 lbs this week!
    Exercise 150 minutes this week!

Stepping it up a notch! I know today will be filled with moving furniture and stuff so I'll definitely be getting some of that in today!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :bigsmile: Happy Sunday Friends!! :bigsmile:

The beginning of a new week!!

Thank You, to those that are participating.

:flowerforyou: May I remind you that shooting for just ONE goal will make this more successful for you . :flowerforyou:

My goal is to exercise120 minutes, but my objective is "to hope to lose 1 1/2 pounds". :-) See where I am going?

:brokenheart: I saw so many working so hard last week that just reached one of their goals. :sad:

Maybe reword it as "exercise 150 minutes, in hopes to lose 2 pounds" Sometimes we lose inches not pounds. Or if we are uping our exercise we may gain muscle, and this can seem discouraging.

:noway: I just don't want anyone to set themselves up for a nonsuccessful week .:noway:

:heart: (((HUGGS TO ALL))) :heart:
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Exercise 200 mins this week.... Mon - Fri.........and clean out my closet on Saturday. Will let everyone know how it went on Sunday
    :drinker:
  • Believe4
    Believe4 Posts: 22
    Options
    My goal is 100 mins.of exercise and log in daily to record my food I am struggling with the exercise. I also missed logging in. This traveling for work has thrown me off. I head to the airport in an hour and half. I will wear my walking shoes and walk until it is time to board the plane.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in again MissDee. Thanks for clarifying how many goals to set. I will set one goal: walk 6 miles. I, too, have a hard time sticking to exercise. I got hooked on walking before my illness and was walking 4-1/2 to 5 miles daily. I'd like to build up to at least 3 miles/day this spring. Thanks for keeping us inspired and going! Hugs and kisses to you! :smooched:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi Miss Dee!
    I'm in again for this week! I'm hoping for a two pound loss Saturday (my weigh in day). Good luck to everyone! I know we all can do it!
    :smile: