Looking for other P90 Support

Options

Replies

• mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just got done doing my first day of phase 3-4. OMG! Decline push-ups about killed me. lol The rest wasn't too bad. I went light on the weights today but I'll definitely push harder on Wed.

DECLINE pushups. I just barely mastered regular! Did my first two sets on my toes last week. Now I have to do harder? Yikes!
  • lorithayer
    Options
    Reebs -

You don't need a lot of room for Turbo Fire. It doesn't use any more room than is needed for any home workout system I've done.

I have Turbo Fire and love it. I've been subbing it in for the cardio days on p90x. The music is so much fun and I really enjoy Chalene's workouts.

I know I end up wanting all the programs. They are all very good and it is fun to switch it up.
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    So, tonight I start Day 31. I think I am going to try Sculpt 3-4. Yikes. I have not yet previewed it so I do not know what to expect. Any advice? I just went up to 8 lb weights with my last week on Sculpt 1-2. Should I start 3-4 with those same weights? Should I drop back? Am I going to be sore again like I was after my first day on Sculpt 1-2? I hate not knowing what to expect.

You'll be fine. Its pretty much the same workout, just with extra rounds. There are a few extra routines, but nothing to be worried about. Using the same weights will be perfect. Let us know how you make out. I think you will like it!
  • nrevanch
    nrevanch Posts: 15
    Options
    HEY!

I just bought P90 on amazon and it is going to arrive on Wednesday. I'm SO SO SO excited to start this next Monday. I have a few questions for everybody out there who has done P90 or is going through P90.

1) Are you still able to do your normal cardio while doing P90? I really enjoy using the elliptical/stair climber at the gym ...but wasn't sure if there were restrictions with doing P90 or if it made you so sore/tired that its not recommended!

2) Has anybody tried Shakeology and/or have any alternatives? I have looked into it and it looks great but $119.00 is a lot of money for 1 month supply of shakes.

Thanks so much and happy weight loss to everybody!!!! :)
  • mommaski4
    Options
    HEY!

I just bought P90 on amazon and it is going to arrive on Wednesday. I'm SO SO SO excited to start this next Monday. I have a few questions for everybody out there who has done P90 or is going through P90.

1) Are you still able to do your normal cardio while doing P90? I really enjoy using the elliptical/stair climber at the gym ...but wasn't sure if there were restrictions with doing P90 or if it made you so sore/tired that its not recommended!

2) Has anybody tried Shakeology and/or have any alternatives? I have looked into it and it looks great but $119.00 is a lot of money for 1 month supply of shakes.

Welcome! Let us know when you start and how it goes for you.

To answer your questions:
    1- I started run walking 4-5 days a week 6 months before starting P90. I was not willing to give that up so I still do that in the morning and do P90 in the evenings. Has not been a problem for me other than the first dew days of P90 when my muscles were sore.
    2- I do not use Shakeology. I can not see paying that much money for SHAKES! I follow a nutritious meal plan, log my calories in MFP and will drink chocolate fat free milk after Sculpt days for muscle recovery.

I know everybody has their own thoughts and ideas but that is my two cents.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    HEY!

nrveranch...so glad you starting P90. With your excitement, you will do great!
    My opinion on your 2 questions:
    1. I think its fine to supplement P90 with other cardio as long as you can. Depending on your fitness and time though, I would make P90 your primary focus IMO.
    2. I have not tried Shakeology, but I too cannot afford this at $4 per drink ($120). Many purchase a Whey and Protein powder to use post-workout. I bought an EAS brand at BJ's. I got a 5 lb. bag for $28. It'll last me forever and really seems to work fine for me.

Good luck and let us know how your doing.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    HEY!

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy Power 90 :) To answer your questions:

1) The guide recommends doing the program as designed unless you plateau then it recommends possibly adding a little extra cardio. That being said, I know of several folks who've also done their favorite exercise on the Sculpt days since you typically burn fewer calories that day. Or they swap their favorite cardio workout for the occasional Sweat routine. If you're going to do extra exercise just be sure you're fueling for it so you don't get wiped out.

2) I drink Shakeology every morning for breakfast and really enjoy it. I've noticed increased energy as well as improved digestion and regularity. Since it's low cal, I can add in different things to customize it and it fits nicely into my daily calorie goal here. My wife also drinks it and has commented on increased energy as well. She mixes it with her daily coffee and no longer goes to Starbucks every morning.

Shakeology was designed to be better than anything else on the market and the price reflects that. I've attached the link to the ingredients list if you haven't seen it yet. I've compared a few other shakes and have seen comparisons others have done and I have yet to find anything close.

Discounts are available as well. If you sign up for monthly autoship they give you free shipping. If you join the Team Beachbody club ($38.87 per quarter) they give you a 10% discount. If you join as a Coach ($39.95 start-up and $14.95/month) you get a 25% discount. If you look around on the 'net you can find Coaches who sell the individual packets, they're $4 apiece. Others will offer a free one for subscribing to their blog or "liking" them on Facebook.

http://shakeology.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=1d66051a-61fd-4199-841b-16d24dae4c7b&groupId=59860

Congrats again on Power 90, be sure and check in often here on the thread, it's a gold mine of encouragement and support :)
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My Power90 finally showed up this past Friday. My husband and I officially started it today. We knocked out Sweat 1-2 & the ab ripper and I LOVED it! I :heart: Tony and his wittiness! Day 1 done!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My Power90 finally showed up this past Friday. My husband and I officially started it today. We knocked out Sweat 1-2 & the ab ripper and I LOVED it! I :heart: Tony and his wittiness! Day 1 done!

Great news! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far :)
  • fischer_mjjr
    fischer_mjjr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started week 2 this week. I used P90 last year and made it through two months before work and life got in the way. We started as a team and are doing it together. It is a lot more fun working out with someone rather than alone. I lost 15lbs using it last year. Now it is time to finish off my goal and fit back into my old Air Force uniform, just for fun!
  • forever28
    Options
    My wife and I started week 2 this week. I used P90 last year and made it through two months before work and life got in the way. We started as a team and are doing it together. It is a lot more fun working out with someone rather than alone. I lost 15lbs using it last year. Now it is time to finish off my goal and fit back into my old Air Force uniform, just for fun!

I agree! It does make it easier when you have a partner in crime! hehe :tongue:
  • forever28
    Options

I agree! It does make it easier when you have a partner in crime! hehe :tongue:
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Ho - ly - COW!!! Moved to Sculpt 3-4 tonight. Every muscle in my body, including some I did not know I had are trembling at the moment. :noway: I burned 431 calories according to my HRM, as opposed to 175 with 1-2! I am going to hurt tomorrow. I am scared about Sweat 3-4 tomorrow.
  • MikeK51
    Options

Glad to see you both starting/restarting P90. You can tell from this thread how so many of us love this program (it's a love/hate relationship if you know what I mean). This team will help you get through the 90 days...we are here for you!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Ho - ly - COW!!! Moved to Sculpt 3-4 tonight. Every muscle in my body, including some I did not know I had are trembling at the moment. :noway: I burned 431 calories according to my HRM, as opposed to 175 with 1-2! I am going to hurt tomorrow. I am scared about Sweat 3-4 tomorrow.

Remember how you felt day 1 of 1-2? You can do it. Just take it easy until you build up to it. If you need to go back to 1-2 for a week or two, you could do that too and maybe pick it up a bit in preparation for 3-4. Remember this isn't a race! I admire how well you are doing!
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I never got sore from phase 1-2 but I am feeling phase 3-4 today. I think it was all the squats. I have cardio today but I am trying to figure out where to squeeze it into my day. I will get it done but it may be at 8:00 tonight. that ab ripper 200 scares me. lol I was just barely getting through 100.

Someone asked about doing other cardio.....I still do other cardio. I do Zumba 2-3 times a week and I walk/jog sometimes. I was walking everyday but then everyone got sick & the baby is sick again. It's hard to just get the P90 done right now so I'm lucky to do anything extra. I even missed Zumba last night :(
  • forever28
    Options
    Guess like Reebs in the beginning, I didn't read the instructions like I should have. :blushing: I started with cardio 1-2 first instead of sculpting 1-2. Does it really matter?
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Guess like Reebs in the beginning, I didn't read the instructions like I should have. :blushing: I started with cardio 1-2 first instead of sculpting 1-2. Does it really matter?

It probably doesn't matter much at all. But personally, what I would do (and this is probably just my OCD talking LOL) is finish week one, and then reverse it starting in week 2.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Oh MAN...You're scaring me for what is to come for me.... :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • forever28
    Options

It probably doesn't matter much at all. But personally, what I would do (and this is probably just my OCD talking LOL) is finish week one, and then reverse it starting in week 2.
    :laugh: Thanks!!