what kind of car do you drive?

Options
13»

Replies

• ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ......and, I am lucky to get 11 mpg in the city!
  • cohollywood
    Options
    go for a toyota 4runner, hilux, surf or landcruiser!!
    80% of toyotas made 20 years ago are still on the roads today! goood investment.
    i <3 import

LOL! So, my husband and I were recently in Mexico and we saw a Hilux. My husband looked it up and decided he was in L-O-V-E. They don't sell them here in the states though, so he had to get a Tacoma, but right now, he thinks you are super cool because you could own a Hilux.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    Toyota Rav 4!! I love mine!!
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drive a mercury mariner...AWD and gets 23 mpg which is pretty good
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    the grand cherokee jeep is awesome too, my boyfriend bought one last summer and we took it to texas to a wedding in november, his has a house hold electrical outlet in the console by the back seat. i plugged in my portable dvd player in it and laid in the back seat and watched movies all the way there and back. i also plugged in my nebulizer when i needed to do my breathing treatment. he gets free satalite radio for a year as well. it has seat warmers in the front and the seats and gas and brake pedals have buttons to electonically adjust to you. his gas milage is about 17 miles in town and about 23 miles to a gallon on the highway, which i understand is about average for a car that size. it handled well in the ice and nearly 2 feet of snow we had last month. i drive a chevy cavalier so that won't help you.
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    2005 Toyota Sequoia for me, got it in Dec/08, just before third child was born. Absolutely love it, for a big SUV it gets about 21mpg, if you drive it decent. Previously had a 4-runner but needed the upgrade with more kids.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    my wife has the blue santa fe. she loves it. 3rd row, tv, very smooth.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Had to post my ride on here :)

2006 Infiniti G35 :)

248517_10150269018383767_606598766_8887443_43008_n.jpg

248326_10150263993028767_606598766_8837354_183299_n.jpg
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Mine is Sporty, provides Utility, and it's a Vehicle. Does that count?
    I've hit 30mpg before. It was soooooo boring!
    If I average driving to the roads I want to drive on, playing in the twisties, then driving home, it's about 12-14mpg.
    I get about 24mpg driving the kids to school.
    Of course I love my car! Anybody who like driving even a little bit would love driving my car. What's not to love?
  • katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    natalie, thats a clean g35.. I love the debadged look.. I want to do my Solara soon
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    When I lived in the US I had a Honda CR-V I absolutely loved. It had an impressive amount of room, especially when you folded the seats back and the fuel efficiency was excellent. I'd recommend that car to anyone. I actually really miss my little jelly bean (I called it jelly bean, since I'm convinced that's what it looks like).

Now I drive a BMW 3 series wagon that I also love. I realized I need a car with seats that fold down. It has tons of room, good fuel efficiency and it's really fast! That was my only complaint with the CR-V, the acceleration leaved a lot to be desired.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't have an SUV, but my mom does. She bought a Chevy Equinox earlier this year and loves it. It gets around 30 mpg and is big enough to haul just about whatever she wants. When we go to the beach in a couple of weeks, all of our luggage plus hers and her dog is going in her vehicle. My husband is driving his truck down there so my car stays in the garage. :flowerforyou:
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    natalie, thats a clean g35.. I love the debadged look.. I want to do my Solara soon
    The sooner the better! The sun is slowly fading your paint that isn't hiding under a badge. The longer you wait to get those suckers off the more noticable it will be. It's really easy. A hairdryer usually does the trick.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have a 2005 Pontiac Aztek - I wouldn't recommend it. It only has 76000 miles, and I've had to replace the power steering pump, the transmission is going, and we've had to add a switch to power off a cylinoid that makes the key get stuck, when the car's on.

Gas is good tho - and with gas being 3.51/gallon here, it only takes me about 50.00 to fill it, and I can go for a solid week, week and a half to and from work, daycare, store, family's homes, etc. It's got lots of room, the back hatch is ugly as sin, but incredibly useful.

You forgot to mention, the Aztek is ugly as sin. :tongue: :laugh: :tongue:
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Thanks. I need to get some updated pics taken. I blacked out the front grill and in the process of finishing up powdercoating the wheels. I am a toyota girl at heart though. I used to own a celica and plan car shows.
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My everyday car is a 2003 Pontiac Vibe with 190,000 miles on it that gets 34 mpg. It's actually a Toyota Matrix, but I like the looks better. Our SUV is a 2002 Mercedes ML320 that we bought used last year for 1/5 the price that the original owner paid. We love that car - has all the bells and whistles and feels so secure. It gets around 22 mpg, which is not great, but we try to drive it only when we need to. My husband drives a 2007 Toyota Corolla which gets 38 mpg.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I generally drive my 2008 Fit Flops (mainly for comfort as normal flip flops don't carry my arch as well). I sometimes like my 2010 Adidas. Occasionally, I will go for a spin in heels (2010, 1" and 4" rims respectively).

(I don't own a car but I wanted to participate.)
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    After having several Hondas, I went with a Kia Sportage and love it. Everyone that rides in it says it is so roomy for a small sized SUV.