you met WHERE?

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
I'm currently listening to the radio & they are saying the best place to pickup is the grocery store!

Where did you meet your S/O?

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i met my h2b at work..he was the cheeky popular guy and I was the very shy and quiet new girl who had no friends so he started picking on me to get me involved in their conversations..
    3 years later we are planning our wedding, changing our lives and he can't shut me up!! :D
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    His father was the best man in my parents wedding!! I have known him my whole life. We have lots of pics of us together as kids!!
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    At the Police Department about 40 years ago. Year 36 of marriage is approaching.
  • Loop8
    Loop8 Posts: 3
    Options
    I met my husband in an online chat room about ten years ago. It was waaaay before the match.com and eharmony sites even existed. :)
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    Met my hubby online on yahoo chat. Been together for almost 9 years, married for almost 5! :love:
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We met at church -- it was a tiny little church, and I was the only single girl (I was the designated babysitter/housesitter for all the young families, which I loved). When my man started coming to the church, all the ladies just about lassoed him and yanked him over for me. The poor guy had no chance.

Eighteen years later, I think he's okay with it. ;)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    We met online, playing in a trivia chat room. We're nerds. He fell for me on a Thursday, when I said "This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays."
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    i met my husband at a gas station 6 years ago.... the best day of my life.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I met my wife at church. She was the lead singer in a contemporary Christian music group and I heard her voice before I actually saw her and I remember thinking, "I hope she's pretty because I'm going to marry her." Happily, she was and I did. :)
  • ItsAsha
    ItsAsha Posts: 78
    Options
    My boyfriend (of 4 years) and I met in a psychiatric hospital. I love telling people that “I met my bf in a psych ward” but we both actually worked there. Lol
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We met in second grade. We've know each other since we were 7.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    at the appartment swimming pool right after I moved to VA. I was throwing coins in the pool for his boys to dive after. We were dating after a month and engaged after 7 months. We will be marriend for 3 years in June.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    At a highschool party during Spring Break. That was in 1988...we're still together! We've been married for 21 years.:love:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    A bar 15yrs. ago.
  • Sherri0706
    Options
    I met my husband in a bar - the exact place my parents told me that I would never find the kind of man I was looking for!! He actually proposed for the first time that night (I said no way!). He tried again for my birthday 6 weeks later, I said yes, and we were married 6 months later. That was 20 years ago and I love him more every day!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in my kitchen.

We met online a few weeks before that, but we first met face to face in my kitchen.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a BOOTY Call hot line.Wasn't suppose to last, now I can't imagine my life without him! Been together since 2006, married in 2009.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    I met my husband when I went to go buy an accessory for my phone at Verizon Wireless where my husband worked at the time. Then we ran into each other again while waiting in line to get lunch. We sat down and had lunch together, flirted, exchanged information... it went from there. Now we have 2 daughters, I'm a stay-at-home mommy, and he's a police officer. It's so weird how life shifts and changes. And I do believe in fate. :)
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awwww Trainguy that is sooo sweet!!! Me and my husband actually went to school together. Not high school sweethearts or anything really. We were off and on alot. Then I moved off to college for 4 years, we got back together when I moved back home, and not even a year later we were married :) Much, much more to that story but that sums it up pretty decent :)
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Met my now husband when we were 16 years old - working as baggers / cart pushers at a GROCERY STORE lol. (Guess it really is the perfect place to pickup) lol. We've been together 12 years and married almost four!