"Say NO to indulgences" challenge

Options

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hubby will eat the peanut butter ice cream too. I think if I don't start, I'll be OK. At least he didn't buy the lemon! Today I didn't eat cereal out of the box. Not much other opportunity to say no to an indulgence. I did see that there were some cookies out on a table at work but it wasn't right in my immediate area so I just didn't go over there. We did have chocolate pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for dinner, but that's a staple in our house! :laugh:
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    I was pretty good today. We didn't go out to eat like we usually do on Saturday so that made it a little easier. I still had a beer, but it was a 12 oz bottle instead of a 16 or 22+ glass. :drinker: By mid afternoon, I was getting pretty hungry but I resisted the urge to snack (those Peanut Butter Puffins were calling my name!). So, I'll still have a little snack later, but NO ice cream!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Went out for lunch/dinner today. Had water, instead of a beer, even though the waitress tried to tempt us (Flying Bison Rusty Chain and Ellicottville Blueberry). Has some popcorn, small cup of soup, salad with just veggies, and chicken breast w/ cranberries and walnuts, and mashed sweet potatoes. Brought half home. I probably won't have much else today - maybe some cereal or an english muffin later. So, pretty good, I think. I gotta go do some exercise though.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    So my challenge is to say no to sweets...or at least not so much of them anyway!! We were away for the weekend and I bought a box of Girl Scout Cookies. I stayed away from those. However, we went to a mall with a cookie factory and I indulged in a couple of those. Oh well. We took my son on a college visit so we did a fair amount of walking!! Have a great rest of the weekend. Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    College visits...I remember those. :happy: How'did you (he) like it?
  • daybyday
    Options

Well we saw a girl being handcuffed, a homeless man on the streets and at our motel 2 drunken parties had to be broken up with 2 idiotic guys jumping off of a 2nd floor balcony into the pool below - amazingly they survived. Yes this stuff happens everywhere. Hopefully my hubby & I have raised him right. He has chosen to go to this college as his girlfriend goes there now. Overall we did like the campus and felt safe for the most part. :ohwell:
  • efcdcdb
    Options

Well we saw a girl being handcuffed, a homeless man on the streets and at our motel 2 drunken parties had to be broken up with 2 idiotic guys jumping off of a 2nd floor balcony into the pool below - amazingly they survived. Yes this stuff happens everywhere. Hopefully my hubby & I have raised him right. He has chosen to go to this college as his girlfriend goes there now. Overall we did like the campus and felt safe for the most part. :ohwell:

I agree with you 100%. I remember stories we heard about where my son went to college..he joined a fraternity and I was always worried. He graduated in 2007 and just went back this weekend for an alumni fraternity party - I STILL was worried. :frown: And the school where my daughter went to college has been plagued with alcohol related "incidents" - there are two colleges in that town, so "double trouble". She graduated in 2009, and just this past weekend there were 2 such incidents there that made the state news, if not national news. But you can't dwell on that kind of stuff - hope for the best, and do your best to have raised them right. Good luck to you and your son! :flowerforyou:
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well today. There were chocolate peanut butter cups , tootsie rolls, and milano cookies on the table in the break room at work today calling my name but I didn't answer. Had a few pretzels instead.
  • daybyday
    Options
    I've really been having stress at work. I baked some lemon bars as baking has always been a stress reliever for me - I should have exercised, but didn't. Anyway, today could have been way worse than it was. I was actually under 1200 calories today.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    @frogmama - good job resisting those treats at work!

@daybyday - good job staying within your calories....we all need our splurges and lazy days...as long as we don't throw in the towel completely.

I haven't had too many temptations lately. I avoided ice cream so that's good. My evening snack was still over 200 calories but it was yummy and I know I was accurate with the serving sizes - much more so than I am when I eat ice cream.:laugh:
  • jlmevis
    jlmevis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hope its not to late to join this challenge. I've been trying to give up sweets since last monday, and I have done really well until tonight. My mother-in-law sent home-made chocolate chip cookies with us home, and they were to tempting today. My first slip up. But I am determined not to let it side track me. Tomorrow I'll be back on track. I'm just worried about this weekend. I have a birthday party on Saturday with cake and icecream I'm sure, and then a b-day party at hacienda on Sunday. Encouragement needed.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    I hope its not to late to join this challenge. I've been trying to give up sweets since last monday, and I have done really well until tonight. My mother-in-law sent home-made chocolate chip cookies with us home, and they were to tempting today. My first slip up. But I am determined not to let it side track me. Tomorrow I'll be back on track. I'm just worried about this weekend. I have a birthday party on Saturday with cake and icecream I'm sure, and then a b-day party at hacienda on Sunday. Encouragement needed.

Definitely not too late - we're glad to have you. For the weekend, think about how great it would be to come back to this thread and report your success(es). We're rootin' for you!:flowerforyou:
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I read the challenge title, I was thinking, "No way in heck am I doing this!" That's because I think it would be a huge backfire leading to a nasty binge. However, then I read your post and thought, "What a great idea!" Not sure what you intended but I'm going to read it as I can indulge but if I don't, woo hoo, post that here as a success!

Today - checked out of Walgreens after eyeing the candy by the register and not getting any. Not even those little Cadbury Creme Eggs!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    When I read the challenge title, I was thinking, "No way in heck am I doing this!" That's because I think it would be a huge backfire leading to a nasty binge. However, then I read your post and thought, "What a great idea!" Not sure what you intended but I'm going to read it as I can indulge but if I don't, woo hoo, post that here as a success!

Today - checked out of Walgreens after eyeing the candy by the register and not getting any. Not even those little Cadbury Creme Eggs!

Congratulations on saying no to the Cadbury Creme Eggs! :flowerforyou: It's funny that you said that about the backfire, since a couple of other people said the same thing. I didn't think of it that way at all...I figured at worst, I'd just be back where I started from, but at best, it is going to give me the nudge I need to "just say no". So far, it has been pretty easy for me because I haven't had a lot of temptations this past week. But I already know about a few things coming up, where ordinarily I would just say "what the heck",:devil: but now my plan is to say "no thanks!". And then come back to this thread and brag about it. :bigsmile:
  • jlmevis
    Options
    Thanks, that means a lot. To my surprise, I looked in the pantry today and noticed that my hubby took the last of the cookies to work with him.. yay! That helps so much. Now I don't have them to tempt me!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options

I totally agree with you. Nice job passing up the cadburys. Chocolate candy is my downfall. I was looking over the dark chocolate bars in the grocery store today, but said nope, not today. Maybe when Lent is over I will buy one, but I don't need them in the house today!
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one - I just said no to cheese balls. I ended up having some carefully measured pistachios. Probably same calories but way more healthy. Someone has to get rid of that giant tub of cheese balls though. They are taunting me. Even with the pantry door closed, I hear them yelling.
  • daybyday
    Options
    Today I said NO to the candy at the checkout counter at the grocery store!!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    alright everyone! Great job....candy at the checkout isn't one of my personal temptations, but I can see where it might be hard to pass up if it is something you indulge in from time to time. And measuring out servings of things like pistachios is a very, very good idea. That is definitely one of my downfalls (I mean NOT measuring) - things like crackers and cereal, which I have around most of the time, or chips, m&m's, doritos, etc which I absolutely CANNOT have around when I am trying to lose weight. :sad:
  • jlmevis
    Options
    Yesterday, I said no to a late night brownie! It would have set me over my calories. Luckily I showed restraint. Yay!